I've JUST brought the happier abroad DOT ORG domain!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: I've JUST brought the happier abroad DOT ORG domain!

Post by Winston »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 12:20 am
Umm yeah, generally, things like names, titles, slogans or short phrases aren't considered to be original enough for copyright protection. For example, the symbol “+” is likely not subject to copyright, but a painting full of shapes and colors arranged in a unique pattern is likely protected under copyright.

Copyright doesn’t generally protect facts or ideas, but it may protect the original words or images that express a fact or idea. This means that you may be able to express the same idea or fact as another author, as long as you don’t copy that author’s way of expressing that idea or fact. For example, a playwright may not be able to copyright the idea of a man waking up to repeat the same day over and over again, but the script for a play or movie expressing that idea could be subject to copyright.

Moreover, there is no such thing as an “international copyright” that will automatically protect a work throughout the world. Protection against unauthorized use in a particular country depends on the national laws of that country.

Blah, this stuff doesn't interest me. This is why I skipped out of Law School. I am more interested in making money and growing my platforms and using them for general intelligence R&D. I bought this domain for my entertainment, and to see what the reaction would be on this hate site. But I'm going to say this a thousand times; if you have some health issues, business isn't for you ... wrong attention span, wrong emotional reactions, wrong timing, wrong wake-up times in the morning, wrong greed factor, and a super-wrong sense of reality (what kind of work it takes to get something done). In this situation, a healthy person would have thought of collaboration or offered something that would have been mutually beneficial. This tells me what I already know, everything that has to do with this place is very toxic and really not worth getting involved it. Google will continue dealing with undesirable sites :D

Well regardless PAG. Even if I have no claim or copyright or trademark protection, still my ultimatum stands. If you cause me to lose traffic because people are googling "happier abroad" and finding your site rather than mine and thus causing me to lose traffic, then I have your full real name and photos and will put up pages exposing you for it. My blog is on a subdomain and subdomains are ranked differently than main domains, and it uses permalinks and structured data too, so putting names in it does still get good rankings.

If you bought the domain for your entertainment only, and not for serious business purposes, then I don't need to buy it from you. I already bought "HappierAbroad.net" and "HappyAbroad.org" as backup domains to this one in case I need them.

Also, given that you have little content on your CultureWhiz site, I highly doubt if your HA site would be effective anyway. You obviously didn't spend that much time on CultureWhiz, nowhere near the time I've spent on this site since 2007. The time you spent is not even a fraction of what I spent. Nor is the work you did either. All you did was use modern software to create structured data and HTML5 and permalinks to get high rankings. And maybe you paid some SEO company to give you a boost too.

Btw, I agree with you when you said:
Blah, this stuff doesn't interest me. This is why I skipped out of Law School. I am more interested in making money and growing my platforms and using them for general intelligence R&D. I bought this domain for my entertainment, and to see what the reaction would be on this hate site. But I'm going to say this a thousand times; if you have some health issues, business isn't for you ... wrong attention span, wrong emotional reactions, wrong timing, wrong wake-up times in the morning, wrong greed factor, and a super-wrong sense of reality (what kind of work it takes to get something done). In this situation, a healthy person would have thought of collaboration or offered something that would have been mutually beneficial. This tells me what I already know, everything that has to do with this place is very toxic and really not worth getting involved it. Google will continue dealing with undesirable sites :D
However, that applies to YOU, not to me. First, I spent way more time and effort on this site than you did on CultureWhiz, which has very few articles and is still mostly an empty site, even if it does have good SEO.

Second, YOU are the one who declared war on me when you tried to buy the same domain name to replace this site. That was an act of aggression. Not mutual cooperation. Are you that blind to your own faults? If you had approached me in a friendlier manner and asked to collaborate with me by creating a supplement to my site, that would benefit us both, creating a WIN-WIN situation for both of us, I might have considered it in a more friendly positive manner. But you didn't do that PAG. So the onus is on YOU. Not me. Are you that blind to your own faults? lol. Geez. Keep that in mind. YOU are the one who didn't approach me in a friendly collaborative manner, not me. Look at your first post above and you will see what I mean. Do you see any friendly offer of collaboration or teamwork for mutual benefit in your opening post? NO! Of course not. We can all see that. So can you. So the onus was on YOU! Not me. So you should take your own advice. Not dish it out to me.

The funny thing is that you are giving advice that YOU should have listened to that applies primiarily to YOU not me. Yet you don't even realize it. It's the ultimate hypocrisy, as well as pot calling the kettle black and being blind to your own faults. I guess that's one of the symptoms of narcissism. Think about it. Try to lower your ego and narcissism for a minute and you'll see what I mean. Something for you to consider.

PS - Btw where is the source link of your screenshot above concerning Google's May algorithm update? You should always source your citations man. It's bad form not to. Talk about unprofessional.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 2:43 am
Btw PAG, I do not post content that is racist and misogynist. Where do you get that? None of my articles contain hateful comments about women or minorities. I only criticize cultures, constructively. The stuff on the forum that could be construed as racist or misogynistic comes from other posters like Cornfed. Not from me. So don't mix up their posts with mine. My official article pages and ebook pages and blog posts don't contain the hate speech that you say.
Winston, have you been living on Mars for the last three years? By the current leftist standards, your posts are just as racist and sexist as mine. You might think that is utterly ridiculous and you might be right, but those are their standards. By continuing to blame me for your problems you merely annoy the people who support me (and yes, as astonishing as it may seem, they do exist) while deriving no benefit from the bad guys. Honestly, if I thought it would help you I would copy my posts, delete them and then go away like Ghost did, but it really wouldn’t help you at this point, and neither does you trying to reason with the censors and their supporters.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lol. Geez Cornfed, do you read every thread to see if anyone is talking about you or mentioning you? lol. You seem to know right away when your name is mentioned, even without the mention tag. lol. FYI, even if your posts aren't making much of a difference, still every little improvement counts and adds up in the long run. I'm sure you know that little gradual step by step changes accumulate over time. :P
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne