Happier Abroad - start making plans!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Happier Abroad - start making plans!

Post by yick »

hypermak wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 1:35 am
Cornfed wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:56 pm
There are apparently several beyond 5 star hotels here that you can only reach by helicopter, so that suggests that at least the place will not be nuked. There are also places that rich people have relocated to, but I don't know what that means for the rest of us. I'm pretty sure that a lot of places will not be a safe haven when people are starving.
I see. I see NZ is a country rich in agricultural and pasture products, with a relatively tiny population. As @yick says, it might fare well above average in the list of countries worst affected by a social collapse.
I think @Cornfed's problem is that the demographic of the population is rapidly changing - what was once a European population with a small Polynesian minority will soon be a Eurasian nation because the Chinese and the Koreans and whomever else are coming to settle - probably not in the shitholes in South Island facing Antarctica but anywhere nice and prosperous - I have read that many Koreans have settled in North Harbour in Auckland - they'll come and they're being welcomed - it wouldn't be important to me but then I am not a Kiwi - I might think differently if I was but I don't think I would.

A lot of the world especially in the Asia-Pacific are going to get a demographic make over like what has happened to Vancouver and San Francisco - Asian immigrants with money have priced the local white populations out of basically everywhere they have settled - Australia will suffer a similar fate (unless global warming gets to them first...) but the tiny population and rural tranquility of New Zealand won't last for much longer.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 1:52 am
but the tiny population and rural tranquility of New Zealand won't last for much longer.
Yes, exactly. Those familiar with the NZ bush can hide for a while, but then what to do?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 2:11 am
yick wrote:
but the tiny population and rural tranquility of New Zealand won't last for much longer.
Yes, exactly. Those familiar with the NZ bush can hide for a while, but then what to do?
Like I said, Latin America - lots of Chile is like New Zealand out in the campo - you would be all right there, not massively difficult to establish residency and there is even a direct flight from Auckland. :D
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

yick wrote:
I think @Cornfed's problem is that the demographic of the population is rapidly changing - what was once a European population with a small Polynesian minority will soon be a Eurasian nation because the Chinese and the Koreans and whomever else are coming to settle - probably not in the shitholes in South Island facing Antarctica but anywhere nice and prosperous - I have read that many Koreans have settled in North Harbour in Auckland - they'll come and they're being welcomed - it wouldn't be important to me but then I am not a Kiwi - I might think differently if I was but I don't think I would.

A lot of the world especially in the Asia-Pacific are going to get a demographic make over like what has happened to Vancouver and San Francisco - Asian immigrants with money have priced the local white populations out of basically everywhere they have settled - Australia will suffer a similar fate (unless global warming gets to them first...) but the tiny population and rural tranquility of New Zealand won't last for much longer.
Got it. I was unaware of the "Asian invasion". Out of curiosity @Cornfed, I assume your ancestry is white Caucasian (British maybe?) and not native Polynesian?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 2:59 am
Out of curiosity @Cornfed, I assume your ancestry is white Caucasian (British maybe?) and not native Polynesian?
I've said this before. My ancestors were natural colonisers, so they mixed, relatively speaking. Thus I am of mixed British Isles ancestry - mostly English-Scottish borderers, but also some English and Catholic Irish and maybe even part Maori.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 3:08 am
I've said this before. My ancestors were natural colonisers, so they mixed, relatively speaking. Thus I am of mixed British Isles ancestry - mostly English-Scottish borderers, but also some English and Catholic Irish and maybe even part Maori.
Got it.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 3:08 am
Got it.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

yick wrote:
hypermak wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 1:35 am
Cornfed wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:56 pm
There are apparently several beyond 5 star hotels here that you can only reach by helicopter, so that suggests that at least the place will not be nuked. There are also places that rich people have relocated to, but I don't know what that means for the rest of us. I'm pretty sure that a lot of places will not be a safe haven when people are starving.
I see. I see NZ is a country rich in agricultural and pasture products, with a relatively tiny population. As @yick says, it might fare well above average in the list of countries worst affected by a social collapse.

That is right Yick, this is all made possible by them controlling the purchasing tickets over the economies and not being held accountable ....
Last edited by Moretorque on June 8th, 2020, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 2:11 am
yick wrote:
New Zealand is a British colony..... People need to understand what that means...

The Communal Dictatorship... :D
Time to Hide!
Decu
Freshman Poster

Post by Decu »

Going abroad brings emotional value anyway so I guess you are doing right. After the lockdown is over I truly hope to head off to Arctic with my friends and spend there at least a week. If you book a cruise trip here then it will cost about $5k. Quite an affordable gift for my own birthday :D I have always wanted to check my body in subzero temperatures 8)