No News is Good News

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: No News is Good News

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:38 pm
Cornfed wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:45 pm
gsjackson wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 7:46 pm
It's hard to avoid the news when it smacks you in the face every day. I've had two trips to Europe canceled because of this farce at a cost of over $2,100. There are over $7,300 worth of unemployment benefits that belong to me in an account that I can't access, and I've been trying unsuccessfully for three weeks to make contact with the Arizona unemployment office to get the matter resolved.
You collect unemployment gibs? I do too - now that I am older and wiser and so I apply for as much as I legally can, but I am surprised given the advantages you seem to have had.
Damn hypocrite. You cry and whine about employment perks being “gibs” but now you disclose you are a shiftless welfare recipient? Amazing!

Not that you had any of my respect anyhow, but you are lower than the phlegm on the bottom of my shoes now.

Freeloading bogan trash!
Of course I have collected gibs during this Covid bogosity. I was forcibly prevented from earning a living, so gibs was the least I was entitled to. But tomorrow in my not so healthy middle age, I will forgo my gibs and get out in the cold and do essential work. Have you even done that in your life? Will you ever.? Of course not.
Dude, you are on PUBLIC ASSISTANCE! Do you know what that means? It means you are a welfare recipient and a lazy, shiftless public charge who is a parasite on New Zealand society.

At least GS Jackson is gainfully employed and skilled enough to be a professional educator. He earned his unemployment by actually working a serious job. YOU on the other hand, are utterly worthless. Don’t blame Covid for your worthlessness. It’s YOU who is the problem.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

June 18th, 2020, 12:23 am
Dude, you are on PUBLIC ASSISTANCE! Do you know what that means? It means you are a welfare recipient and a lazy, shiftless public charge who is a parasite on New Zealand society.
Ah no, YOU are a shiftless parasite on public assistance. I go out to do an actual hard job whenever the covid nonsense and the weather will allow me. I will probably not be posting much in the next few months, because I will be concentrating of feeding decent people's families and unfortunately feeding the likes of you as well.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:
It's hard to avoid the news when it smacks you in the face every day. I've had two trips to Europe canceled because of this farce at a cost of over $2,100. There are over $7,300 worth of unemployment benefits that belong to me in an account that I can't access, and I've been trying unsuccessfully for three weeks to make contact with the Arizona unemployment office to get the matter resolved. State ombudsman's office, legislative aide to state Senate minority leader -- even these people can't get this impenetrable bureaucracy to contact me. And now all the female mayors of Arizona have imposed mandatory face diapers, starting tomorrow.

This is the biggest psy-op ever perpetrated. It's eradicating face-to-face culture altogether, and it's destroying people's health through fear and demoralization. They're backing us into a corner, giving us nothing to live for, and now they're making out-and-out war on white males in the U.S. I don't own a firearm, but tell me when and where and I'll show up with my baseball bat. What other choice are we being given?
This is what I am talking about. They are defining your reality for you. I am going 12 days now without news and feel good. Don't need a baseball bat. I just need to keep the news on off.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 12:49 am
Ah no, YOU are a shiftless parasite on public assistance. I go out to do an actual hard job whenever the covid nonsense and the weather will allow me. I will probably not be posting much in the next few months, because I will be concentrating of feeding decent people's families and unfortunately feeding the likes of you as well.
You’re definitely a welfare mooch. You even have the telltale rationalization of, “If it weren’t for Covid.....” I have heard it all now. Cornfed is on the public assistance dole and thinks he is a productive member of society! Too funny.

No wonder you’re angry. You’re an absolute fraud who can’t even manage to feed himself without government handouts. I knew you were a loser, but not to THIS extent! Jeez..
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:23 pm
June 17th, 2020, 10:38 pm
Cornfed wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 8:45 pm
gsjackson wrote:
It's hard to avoid the news when it smacks you in the face every day. I've had two trips to Europe canceled because of this farce at a cost of over $2,100. There are over $7,300 worth of unemployment benefits that belong to me in an account that I can't access, and I've been trying unsuccessfully for three weeks to make contact with the Arizona unemployment office to get the matter resolved.
You collect unemployment gibs? I do too - now that I am older and wiser and so I apply for as much as I legally can, but I am surprised given the advantages you seem to have had.
Damn hypocrite. You cry and whine about employment perks being “gibs” but now you disclose you are a shiftless welfare recipient? Amazing!

Not that you had any of my respect anyhow, but you are lower than the phlegm on the bottom of my shoes now.

Freeloading bogan trash!
Of course I have collected gibs during this Covid bogosity. I was forcibly prevented from earning a living, so gibs was the least I was entitled to. But tomorrow in my not so healthy middle age, I will forgo my gibs and get out in the cold and do essential work. Have you even done that in your life? Will you ever.? Of course not.

At least GS Jackson is gainfully employed and skilled enough to be a professional educator. He earned his unemployment by actually working a serious job. YOU on the other hand, are utterly worthless. Don’t blame Covid for your worthlessness. It’s YOU who is the problem.
Professional educator -- that's a good one. That's what the culture of credentialism will get you -- substitute teachers rendered as professional educators. Baby sitters at best, more aptly asylum guards trying to keep the inmates from destroying the place. And that's the more sedate high school "students." I'm not sure one regular teacher in 200 in the U.S. should be called a professional educator. For that you need educable pupils.

Corny, to be clear, I'm not collecting unemployment, I'm trying without success to collect it for the first time. I'll believe that money exists when I see it.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

06-06-16
How Giving Up TV For A Month Changed My Brain And My Life
https://www.fastcompany.com/3060491/wha ... atching-tv
“They noted thickening of the frontopolar cortex, which is related to verbal reasoning ability, and also correlated with a drop in IQ in proportion to the number of hours of television watching,” he says. “In addition, they noted thickening in the visual cortex in the occipital lobe, and in the hypothalamus, which may correlate with aggression.”

Studies involving adults have tied television watching to Type 2 diabetes, depression, and even crime, adds Lipson. “Many of the studies report adverse effects with television watching greater than one hour per day,” he says. “There have been EEG studies that demonstrate that television watching converts the brain from beta wave activity to alpha waves, which are associated with a daydreaming state, and a reduced use of critical thinking skills.”
The average adult watches 2.8 hours per day of television, according to the American Time Use survey from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Another study puts this number higher, at four hours and 15 minutes each day.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

June 17th, 2020, 8:47 am
Take it a step further and get rid of you TV altogether. I have not watched TV since 2015 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

But the mainstream news is the worst. It is constant negativity and lies that ruins your mood and lowers your energetic vibration.

Get your news online from alternative sources like Zero Hedge, OANN, Breitbart, and the Washington Examiner.
What do you think about RT (Russia Today) as an alternative news source?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 7:18 am
June 17th, 2020, 8:47 am
Take it a step further and get rid of you TV altogether. I have not watched TV since 2015 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

But the mainstream news is the worst. It is constant negativity and lies that ruins your mood and lowers your energetic vibration.

Get your news online from alternative sources like Zero Hedge, OANN, Breitbart, and the Washington Examiner.
What do you think about RT (Russia Today) as an alternative news source?
It used to be alot better, all larger media is going for sheeple control. Everybody is pushing digital money and that tells you all you need to know.

Complete digital money is total slavery....

Just follow the money, it literally controls everything. This is why they are taking and have taken the money supply over world wide the last 100 years...
Time to Hide!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I have been sixteen days without looking at any news. I also haven’t watched TV for over 10 years. So I am getting no information on the outside world.

I went to the Dentist office, and they had a television. The news came on. I noticed how hypnotic television is. Once you look at it, you have to use all your willpower to turn away. Everything in television now is designed to create an altered state of consciousness making it difficult to break away. In the state of hypersuggestibility, they can feed you with whatever programming they want.

As soon as the news came on they started with a story of a man who drove his pickup truck off a cliff and killed his two kids. I immediately broke off the trance, turned my face away, and put in my earplugs which I always carry around with me. It made me realize that news is evil. The corporations use the excuse of “news” to feed the mind with negativity 24 hours a day. If you watch this stuff you are truly damaged. It amazes me that there isn’t a movement to stop watching news.

There are a lot of guys who realize the system is bad but all they do is complain on web forums. They have no skin in the game. They aren’t serious and will eventually go along with the plan. Not watching news is something concrete you can do to disconnect from the system. It is a challenge and it is also real (more real than complaining). It gives you some skin in the game.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I can't even listen to sports talk radio anymore. It's nothing but sermons on racism and proper safety protocols for covid 19. Oh did they lay the wood to Novak Djokovich today for having the temerity to hold a tennis exhibition without proper protocols in place. If any of the supposedly infected athletes develop even mild cold symptoms you've got a news flash. Then we got to hear about the fake NASCAR hangman's noose (as determined by FBI investigation) from an indignant black man and Jew. These talking heads are all trying to outdo each other with virtue signaling.

It makes me spitting mad, so I guess I'm left only with the music stations. You are in danger, though, that some "news" might occasionally erupt from one of those, so be wary.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I am now 21 days without news.

I am beginning to notice the bad effects news has on other people. They are tense, whereas I am centered and calm. I was talking to a guy from Canada on Zoom and suddenly he says to me: “I heard from some guys in America that Trump will continue to be president even if he isn’t elected, is that true?” Just consider for a moment the stupidity of this question. First, if he really wants an answer, why is he asking some random person who couldn’t possibly give him an accurate response? Furthermore he is responding to the nonstop sewer produced by social media. I responded: “what part of you is asking me this question?”

Every once In a while I will accidentally see a news headline when I am searching for something else. It will say “Car crashed today” or “Police shot man today”. This even strengthens my conviction that news is absolutely worthless.

One of the precepts of the Buddha is “right speech”. It is obvious to me now that right speech includes not listening to somebody else’s bad speech, which would include news. The corporate news is “bad speech”. The intention behind it is greed and malice.

No News is Good News.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MrPeabody wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:29 am
Stop watching the news for one day and just notice what happens. Does your mood improve? Is your mind more quiet? Did you do things that you didn't have time to do before? When you finally look at what you missed, you discover that you missed absolutely nothing? Experiment and have curiosity on how news affects you.

I have noticed the longer I go without watching the news, the better I feel. As a matter of fact, I now only go online and check out a few non mainstream news outlets and haven't watched the mainstream news in months.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

The AWAKENING with JP - News parody
https://www.youtube.com/user/AwakenWithJP/videos