Forum Rules Constantly Unenforced - Slanderous Posts

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Forum Rules Constantly Unenforced - Slanderous Posts

Post by MrMan »

I had a look at the forum rules. I'm not sure if these were in place when I signed up, but here is a quote,

The poster agrees not to post "obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated" material or other material that may violate local laws.

I think I've seen the rules elsewhere. They are probably boiler plate. Much of the forum seems to be dedicated to foreign women, and there are old threads on prostitution and such. 'Sexually-orientated' needs to be explained in these rules. I seem to recall nude photos are not allowed. I don't see them on the forum. That seems to be the line.

But we see plenty of slanderous and hateful posts going around. Contrarian Expat has posted a number of threads about hypermak, not only insulting him, but accusing him of being 'crazy' and 'unglued' for posting in response to Contrarian Expat's posts. CE has accused my wife of not being a virgin at marriage-- which she was. Accusing a woman of not being a virgin is one area under common law where, for a defamation lawsuit, no evidence needs to be presented that her name was held up in the community for derision. He's also made comments about her looks. She's not on the forum, and he knows nothing about her rather than scattered references to her in my posts. He's also insulted my children. He's also insinuated that I might be a homosexual and pedophile, which I am not. His 'evidence' is the fact that I made comments disapproving about same sex sexual activity and child molestation. What worse slander could you say about someone? The virginity thing doesn't have to be presented with any evidence for holding up someone's name to scorn in the community under common law, and I do not use my real name. But what if I came out with a book and promoted it on the forum like another poster does, and it had my name on it? It's not my fault someone lied about me. Contrarian Expat is probably not the only defamer on the forum, but he seems to be the most prolific poster trolling the forum with such posts. I suppose he used to write real content in the past, but it seems like the vast majority of his posts are slanderous insults.

My question @Winston is whether these rules mean anything at all? Doesn't it set false expectations to give people rules to sign up that forbid slanderous posts, but allow entire threads full of slanderous accusations to go unchecked?

Also, how is having a forum with such a high percentage of insult-threads working out for you? Is the forum growing? These flame war posts might fill up threads and keep the forum active, but aren't they more likely to repel potential new posters? Does generating low quality insulting content contribute anything toward ad revenue or any other kind of revenue?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Forum Rules Constantly Unenforced- Slanderous Posts

Post by Winston »

Are you talking about the default rules on the registration page? If so, don't pay attention to those. Those are put there by the developer. The only rules that matter are the ones in the forum rules thread:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 33&t=12500

And the only rule for new members is not to spam the forum with spam or ads.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My question @Winston is whether these rules mean anything at all? Doesn't it set false expectations to give people rules to sign up that forbid slanderous posts, but allow entire threads full of slanderous accusations to go unchecked?

Also, how is having a forum with such a high percentage of insult-threads working out for you? Is the forum growing? These flame war posts might fill up threads and keep the forum active, but aren't they more likely to repel potential new posters? Does generating low quality insulting content contribute anything toward ad revenue or any other kind of revenue?
Slander does not mean mere insult or criticism or character assassinations or name calling. It means to lie about something deliberately about some material fact. Usually it has to include your full name in it too. That is what constitutes slander or libel. It's hard to libel someone unless you write their real name. And the slander has to damage the reputation of a real name too. Not just a forum username. If someone spread lies about you and your wife and posted your real name or your wife's real name, then that would be actionable of course.

I can't control the insult threads. They won't stop even if I tell them. I simply expect that these mature adults will stop after a while once the argument gets circular. Mature adults will know when enough is enough after a while. I assume we are mature adults here?

If you don't like them, just don't click on them? Not every thread here is gonna be to your liking. Isn't free speech more important? Why can't you just not click on the threads you don't like? No one is forcing you to click on them right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

@MrMan thanks for raising your voice and complain. I don't think @Winston would do much about it. In a previous post he even implied that he has been enjoying the pathetic online equivalent of a cock fight between @Contrarian Expatriate and I.

I don't think CE is a troll in the proper definition, for the simple reason that is massively invested in this forum. This is his playground where his online persona of a charismatic, wealthy and successful man can strut about, passing judgments and statements that can't absolutely be criticised, refuted or ridiculed, lest the vitriol will start flowing.

I wouldn't even begin to comment on his accusations about you being a closet homo and a pedophile, as it's the same kind of excrement he flung at me, several times.

It doesn't take a $500/hr shrink to see that all this insulting and slandering is his smoke-in-the-eye tactic to move the attention away from the simple fact that, having spent years bragging about paying Ukrainian college-age (17-21) girls, he put himself is an extremely embarrassing cul de sac.

He is too proud to admit that maybe 10% of his Kyiv shenanigans are true, which at least would reduce his less-than-respectable and creepy conduct to the product of a frustrated if overactive mind.

On the other side, his ever more frequent personal attacks and posting behaviour, more akin to a teenage troll than an adult veteran member of this forum, show that he has lost whatever respect and reputation he might have had in here, which is probably the only online outlet where, so he felt, his delusional persona and braggadocio attitude might be appreciated, or at least tolerated.

As I told him, time and again, during his tirades, he is literally digging his own grave at every post, every insult, every turd flung. He got it all wrong: his obsession for high-status people (which he is most definitely not, for how much he likes to pose as one), his trite alpha-male/MGTOW rhetoric, his aggressive stance towards anyone who doesn't comply with his sky-high idea of who a man, a businessman, a US citizen, etc. should be.

In my life I met quite a few people who are deeply unsatisfied about what they have become. They are usually the ones who expect the most from other people. The exec chefs who treated me (and some of my colleagues) like rags were the ones who, by all objective standards, were the most mediocre. My exec here in Manila is a wonderful person: smart, kind, talented and very humble. And he has given me more responsibility I could want from him.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

@Winston is savvy enough to see that you are no innocent party here. He sees that you trolls each and every post I make, then cry like this when you get periodically smacked when you need it. If you can't ignore my posts, just grow up and stop behaving like a spoiled child as in the example I provided below. There are people here who wish to learn things and have serious discussions without your purposeful disruptions you know.

You're not important and you're the biggest forum troll now. I hate to break it to you, but I really don't care about you or your opinions about anything. Obviously you very deeply care about my opinions because you read and comment on literally everything I post and you meltdown when I say something you disagree with.

If you don't stop trolling my posts and get on with your life, it will say a lot about your life, none of it positive.
hypermak wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 3:04 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:42 am
Ukraine is a place where you can meet girls on the street or at their workplace very easily. The young, hot ones might not be so eager to marry, but they are eager to be hooked up with a wealthy, older foreigner.
Aw what a shame...the youngest, hottest ones won't marry you but will be happy to hook up (for sex) for nothing in exhange, and with an "older" foreigner of all people.

Maybe you should open a dating agency and teach us all. If a black, overweight 54 year-old with a horrible attitude and a complex of superiority can really hook up with these kinds of women, as you have been telling us, there's hope for everybody indeed! :D
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on August 30th, 2020, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

hypermak wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 12:47 pm
@MrMan thanks for raising your voice and complain. I don't think @Winston would do much about it. In a previous post he even implied that he has been enjoying the pathetic online equivalent of a cock fight between @Contrarian Expatriate and I.

I don't think CE is a troll in the proper definition, for the simple reason that is massively invested in this forum. This is his playground where his online persona of a charismatic, wealthy and successful man can strut about, passing judgments and statements that can't absolutely be criticised, refuted or ridiculed, lest the vitriol will start flowing.

I wouldn't even begin to comment on his accusations about you being a closet homo and a pedophile, as it's the same kind of excrement he flung at me, several times.

It doesn't take a $500/hr shrink to see that all this insulting and slandering is his smoke-in-the-eye tactic to move the attention away from the simple fact that, having spent years bragging about paying Ukrainian college-age (17-21) girls, he put himself is an extremely embarrassing cul de sac.

He is too proud to admit that maybe 10% of his Kyiv shenanigans are true, which at least would reduce his less-than-respectable and creepy conduct to the product of a frustrated if overactive mind.

On the other side, his ever more frequent personal attacks and posting behaviour, more akin to a teenage troll than an adult veteran member of this forum, show that he has lost whatever respect and reputation he might have had in here, which is probably the only online outlet where, so he felt, his delusional persona and braggadocio attitude might be appreciated, or at least tolerated.

As I told him, time and again, during his tirades, he is literally digging his own grave at every post, every insult, every turd flung. He got it all wrong: his obsession for high-status people (which he is most definitely not, for how much he likes to pose as one), his trite alpha-male/MGTOW rhetoric, his aggressive stance towards anyone who doesn't comply with his sky-high idea of who a man, a businessman, a US citizen, etc. should be.

In my life I met quite a few people who are deeply unsatisfied about what they have become. They are usually the ones who expect the most from other people. The exec chefs who treated me (and some of my colleagues) like rags were the ones who, by all objective standards, were the most mediocre. My exec here in Manila is a wonderful person: smart, kind, talented and very humble. And he has given me more responsibility I could want from him.
Mr man right contarian never should make ataking his dear spouse and call him gayman and i not reading all mrman histories so not understanding what triger the contarian but for what i see here now mrman niceguy just maybe bit slower

on other finger we have active agresivo public duende make sucpupet for surconvenience your banman him for stir up the contarian who have senroyalty rights after 10 years daily posting forum so relativist to him public duende with only 9 years a john come later

wiseton you know who this twisted hyper is and he make firmest admision other day in fit of emotional sick head when contarian finalmente figure out sure from public duende girly allowance years ago compare hyper sameness ataking today the big led go off in head and he say bingo then and after he post his findings and even post real name of hyper

then hyper turn round make the full admital to the crime by say no shit sherlock but you not sposed publishing my real name for it against the online princpality so in raging fit public duende he admit in his girlyman dramatic fervency that he troling the contarian for months already and even say hoy hoy you look so dumwit make cheflet joking so longing when i the public duende all the long time

now he try walkback but to to obvious for even if he not admit i can proving it 100% truth i so promise wiseton

wiseton i saving travelmoney want go phlipin when open so will you go back too for i longing meet angelcity aborder gang and meet you face face and be asistance in your truthing and filosopfical pathmaking so please o please giv me chance and i can do projections for make basic lifing money for i have job work through computer is enough 12 hundred dollar every month which the averaging work money i get in payment plus i save extre 2 thousand 3 hundreds for emerencies money is enough wiseton make new homestead the angels city to become bonafide aborder is it ok

and if public duende keep stirup pot i can conection to italyman all round manila reach out hospitable industry show you what badman liar he always make for wiseton i also have deep sensibility can feel his darkman intentionings for he feminizing feminist enmity against goodman aborders he always but always against goodman ready most recently postings for see demonstratives his badman natures
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

August 30th, 2020, 1:10 pm
If you don't stop trolling my posts and get on with your life, it will say a lot about your life, none of it positive.
Just giving you a small taste of your own medicine. Your choice whether you want to stop the attitude and become a normal poster, or continue being an a**hole and get all the ridicule you deserve.

And isn't it quite telling, that the only other "member" (@Spencer) defending you whenever you offend and insult across the board is, himself, a patented troll?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

hypermak wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Just giving you a small taste of your own medicine. Your choice whether you want to stop the attitude and become a normal poster, or continue being an a**hole and get all the ridicule you deserve.

And isn't it quite telling, that the only other "member" (@Spencer) defending you whenever you offend and insult across the board is, himself, a patented troll?
This is the perfect example of your long suffering “victim” @Winston. But I’m sure you see through his disingenuous and aggressive “troll, then complain” strategy. Other members have messaged me that they are sick of the guy so I have been mostly ignoring him. But Narcissistic Personality Disorder being what it is, his need for constant attention is clinically observable.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

August 30th, 2020, 2:53 pm
This is the perfect example of your long suffering “victim” @Winston. But I’m sure you see through his disingenuous and aggressive “troll, then complain” strategy. Other members have messaged me that they are sick of the guy so I have been mostly ignoring him. But Narcissistic Personality Disorder being what it is, his need for constant attention is clinically observable.
Surely you're not a "victim", either, although you do like to whine to the boss when you get paid with a little bit of the same coin. @Cornfed would pull out one of his usual stereotypes and have a laugh at your expense...

Other members have been messaging me too, about the same subject. Obviously they told me what everybody but your "pointy-headed" buddy thinks: that you're behaving like a deranged troll who won't accept any debate on his sacrosanct opinions. Sure, I might ignore you too but it's hard to ignore you when you contribute to at least three quarters of all the threads and your opinions are not exactly in line with mine, which is what a debate should all be about, after all.

About the various disorders...I would tell you a story about a certain pot and a certain kettle, if you didn't believe it had a racist hidden message...
Splicelo
Freshman Poster

Post by Splicelo »

😂 Poor CE
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

hypermak wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:24 pm

I never have patent and before already expression i here for truthing not troling so pay atentions

what ever i writing 100% truth besides make 1 plus 1 equal 2 speculatory on what now you public duende who we see is the vaniman must be doing the slumest manila since bankrucy biznes and divorceeman finish money

for why o why good girl stan with man live on forumworld for intergage with contarian so we see by defaultment any man live here autoloser for we not see wiseton and and not other goodman live here 24 hours all days month by month public duende

and you full on liarman as i prooft many so so times so i the truther you the anti truther and when you twist round say i troll it same twisting distorts typicalmente use by libretard feminizing femnist like you public duende

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Slander does not mean mere insult or criticism or character assassinations or name calling. It means to lie about something deliberately about some material fact. Usually it has to include your full name in it too. That is what constitutes slander or libel. It's hard to libel someone unless you write their real name. And the slander has to damage the reputation of a real name too. Not just a forum username. If someone spread lies about you and your wife and posted your real name or your wife's real name, then that would be actionable of course.
Well, I used to teach law at a university. I've never read the 'real name' requirement, especially for the not-being-a-virgin accusation. That one is exempt from having to prove one's name was held up for derision.. I could also tell everyone my real name. I have a right to do that.
I can't control the insult threads. They won't stop even if I tell them. I simply expect that these mature adults will stop after a while once the argument gets circular. Mature adults will know when enough is enough after a while. I assume we are mature adults here?
Some posters are physically mature. I cannot comment further than that. Trusting people to be adults doesn't keep everyone from slandering (libeling) or behaving in a childish manner.
If you don't like them, just don't click on them? Not every thread here is gonna be to your liking. Isn't free speech more important? Why can't you just not click on the threads you don't like? No one is forcing you to click on them right?
I already do that. I haven't been here that much recently until the past week or so. I just stay off of Happier Abroad.

No one is hounding me right now, but I suspect any post Hypermak makes, CE is going to post some insult in it, call him crazy, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan,
Use your common sense. Have you ever seen a slander or libel case in you court, where the victim was never named and only named as a pseudonym on the internet or hiding behind a username only? You can't libel a pseudonym or forum username. Everyone knows that. Come on. Name me a court case where a fake online name was libeled without the real name of the person. It doesn't work that way.

Since both CE and hypermak are intelligent people, I assume that they would stop after a while when the argument gets circular. I usually do. Maybe it's a false assumption, but this can't go on forever.

Why don't you enjoy it as entertainment, like Batman vs. The Joker? Or Rocky vs. Apollo Creed? (or Creep as hypermak put it) lol. People enjoy a neverending grudge match. So why not this one? lol

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton it seem our mrman is goodman and aborder with the forner wife but he is little slow or maybe not read well so take easy for long before the contarian insulting his wifelife style but i never see the mrman do badman from what few posting he write so only way for know is have read so so many posting because he here 6 year contrarian here decade both post 1 or 2 time each daily so like find needling haystack so can we give benefiting doubt ask mrman and contarian verbal shake hand for trucing is ok wiseton

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 10:50 pm
Since both CE and hypermak are intelligent people, I assume that they would stop after a while when the argument gets circular. I usually do. Maybe it's a false assumption, but this can't go on forever.

Why don't you enjoy it as entertainment, like Batman vs. The Joker? Or Rocky vs. Apollo Creed? (or Creep as hypermak put it) lol. People enjoy a neverending grudge match. So why not this one? lol
@Winston, I am happy to use some of my idle time (quite a lot of it, lately) to entertain you all with intense and colourful verbal cock fights with the troll-behaving gentlemen of this forum. However CE at least shows genuine intention to engage with me as Hypermak, at least his insults are addressed to the correct person, online identity, even.

PAG/@Spencer, on the other hand, is polluting every thread I contribute to with a spam rack of meaningless replies, all in his faux broken English (where he can correctly spell "antagonize" but not "abroad"), which all simply say that:
  • I am "Publicduende rebooted"
  • as such, I cannot be trusted on anything I say
  • I am obviously a racist because I mocked him with the same "sheeeet" meme pic I used to mock @StanfordGuy and a feminist because I can see myself in a long-term relationship and (heaven forbid) married at some future point in life.
Of course Spencer aka "PAG the Troll in Drag" may be minded to drop it for good, but he has apparently way too much time in his hands lately. Can't make much from "trips around Odessa with Natalya", with most of Europe still under lockdown.