Why are so many American women mean?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are so many American women mean?

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 9:54 pm
Talent is a subjective thing, so to me, it is not so much that poor men are untalented, but untalented men remain poor. The record is replete with examples of men who were born poor and negotiated their way up the totem pole thru hard, work, guile, and deftness. It is the unintelligent man who cannot do that due to lack of will, lack of ability, and/or lack of grit.
Ok so it seems that you are begging the question by assuming a priori that the system is perfect and so poor men must by definition be untalented. And, you know, that may well be largely true for blacks in America. Not so much for other people.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 10:31 pm
Yes, they do this in several ways. For example, high school and entrance tests are rigged in favour of girls. Note that this is not a conspiracy theory - it has been explicitly people’s jobs to do this since the 80s. Scholarships are offered to girls for having a vagina, an thus boys are discouraged from applying, knowing they will be buried in debt. Where admission is discretionary the selectors will be told to take in to account things that females are likely to do more of such as charity work. Of course if men stated to do more charity work they would drop this as a criteria.
Are you talking about the US, or NZ? I have family and friends who are doctors or studying for a medical degree. I have heard that entrance examinations may be harder or more competitive depending on the university - if anything every university has a different number of students that can enrol every year. I have never heard of entrance exams being rigged in favour of women.

Yes, it's true that there are organisations who offer scholarships specifically to women, who are somehow still seen as a "protected minority" in some fields, like science or engineering. I am not sure how sensible is to give this kind of unfair advantage to women, on that you are probably right and I agree.

However, this might make sense in an education system that is overly competitive and very expensive, like in the US. In Italy, at least, most scholarships are automatically given to a student, be them male or female, based on how much their parents earn. I would say it's 80% income based and 20% merit based, although there are many private scholarships available.

Never heard about the impact of charity work on admission. One of my friend is a doctor and, during her post-graduate training, she spent 3 consecutive summers working in Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa. She said her team was all men, but her and another female doctor. All were volunteers.
Cornfed wrote:
1. Not necessarily true, but it doesn’t matter how often this happens. It should never happen.
Well, yes, it should never happen and there are safeguards to minimise the number of incompetent professionals who enter sensitive professions. It's inevitable that a few incompetents will always slip through the cracks, but this applies to both men and women and other industries too. Think of what happens if an engineer builds a school that is structurally design to collapse at the first flood or earthquake...
Cornfed wrote:
2. But you have just wasted a fortune on medical training and its not as if you can wave a magic wand and train someone else immediately. Jobs are being left vacant. In some parts of NZ you have to wait 6 weeks to see a doctor in non-emergency cases and yes, it is largely because of the preponderance of female professionals for a few reasons.
Maybe the situation in NZ is similar to the UK, with a relative undersupply of qualified doctors and medical pros. Italy has so many doctors ready to replace the few who drop out for whatever reasons, the only hurdle is basically only the process or screening and giving tenure to the new doctor.
Cornfed wrote:
3. But if their choices result in the destruction of society might we not forbid or at least not support their choices, just as we forbid other choices with much less cause?
On this I agree, but isn't this a problem with the whole of society? Is an absentee or abusive father "worse" than an absentee or abusive mother? It's hard to say. All I can say is that I personally know a few families where both parents have high flying careers and their kids have probably suffered their absence a great deal, yet grew up as smart and well-adjusted adults. I also observed single-income families where the mom is a lazy, vapid housewife and the father has plenty of time to spend with his family, yet rarely does and generally behaves like a deadbeat.

One does what they can... Hard to generalise...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm
Talent is a subjective thing, so to me, it is not so much that poor men are untalented, but untalented men remain poor. The record is replete with examples of men who were born poor and negotiated their way up the totem pole thru hard, work, guile, and deftness. It is the unintelligent man who cannot do that due to lack of will, lack of ability, and/or lack of grit.
Ok so it seems that you are begging the question by assuming a priori that the system is perfect and so poor men must by definition be untalented. And, you know, that may well be largely true for blacks in America. Not so much for other people.
Well if your lack of reading comprehension skills is any indication, your problem is not so much that you are poor. I'll just leave it at that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 10:56 pm
Are you talking about the US, or NZ?
I'm talking about NZ, but I've followed the subject long enough to know the same things go on in the US.
Maybe the situation in NZ is similar to the UK, with a relative undersupply of qualified doctors and medical pros.
The undersupply is partly as a result of females quitting, but there is a particular undersupply in small towns. Why? Well, female professionals tend to want to live in cities close to their creature comforts. Even when there are male doctors available who would like to fill the positions, often times they are married to a female of another profession such as an accountant or lawyer or whatever. Where there is a job for him in a small town there is unlikely to be a job for her and vice versa, so they tend to be confined to the cities.
On this I agree, but isn't this a problem with the whole of society?
Yes there are all manner of problems with evil Western regimes, but females being ejected from professions with a large boot print on their asses is a definite part of the solution.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 9:15 pm
But how do you know there are not equally talented men not being handed lots of money. Do you go to places poor men are and perform objective tests on them to find out whether they are talented or not? It sounds like an obvious case of conformational bias.
I think the term you meant was confirmation bias.

Somewhere along the line your parents did not teach you that people are not simply "handed" money. Money is earned for work produced, or work TO BE produced based on track records of accomplishment.
Your joking right ?, have you looked at what is going on and has been going on with the central banks over the last say 100 years ?.... :oops:
Time to Hide!
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 11:26 pm
The undersupply is partly as a result of females quitting, but there is a particular undersupply in small towns. Why? Well, female professionals tend to want to live in cities close to their creature comforts. Even when there are male doctors available who would like to fill the positions, often times they are married to a female of another profession such as an accountant or lawyer or whatever. Where there is a job for him in a small town there is unlikely to be a job for her and vice versa, so they tend to be confined to the cities.
I think this used to be a problem in Italy. Bigger cities had bigger hospitals that attracted more and better doctors and more prestigious research centres. In a rare successful move, the Ministry of Health tackled this problem the right way, by shutting down smaller hospitals and creating new hospitals catering for multiple towns. So far it has worked pretty well, from what I read.

I don't know the situation in NZ but I find it hard to image that a female doctor would just quit a profession for which she studied 10-15 years and is one of the most lucrative around. In Italy I really heard no cases of doctors who quit. Doctors whose performance are severaly affected by personal or family reasons, yes, plenty. But this applies to both male and female MDs. They are humans, after all...humans gifted with the power of life and death, still humans.
Cornfed wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 11:26 pm
Yes there are all manner of problems with evil Western regimes, but females being ejected from professions with a large boot print on their asses is a definite part of the solution.
I think there are worse problems to worry about, than a few career doctors dropping out. I would personally be more concerned with the bureauracy needed to recruit new young doctors into the system. Or the nepotism, which in Italy runs rampant in the profession, whereby a head of department is so influential that will place his wife, his lover, his son and his daughter even if there are far more competent candidates for the job.

If this nepotism happens for a chair of humanities or applied maths, it's not the end of the world. If it happens in the medical profession, where everyone has the right to have the best possible care available, then yes, there's a problem.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 1:16 am
I think this used to be a problem in Italy. Bigger cities had bigger hospitals that attracted more and better doctors and more prestigious research centres. In a rare successful move, the Ministry of Health tackled this problem the right way, by shutting down smaller hospitals and creating new hospitals catering for multiple towns. So far it has worked pretty well, from what I read.
Yes, well you’ve got to remember that NZ has about a tenth of the population density of Italy, so that strategy doesn’t work nearly as well.
I don't know the situation in NZ but I find it hard to image that a female doctor would just quit a profession for which she studied 10-15 years and is one of the most lucrative around. In Italy I really heard no cases of doctors who quit.
Well they do, and there have been innumerable articles about this in the Angloshere over the years. Females in general don’t want to work. They just want the pay and status without the work. This has been proven to any reasonable person’s satisfaction. And fair enough. That is what their biological role induces them to seek.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

September 21st, 2020, 6:23 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 5:10 pm
September 21st, 2020, 9:43 am
Moretorque wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:22 am
Not all of them are in debt, nice to see a real producer. We need real people like surgeons, anybody who cannot see how they control all of us world wide through credit and debt is a dim bulb.
It’s one thing to want to be a surgeon, but quite another to get into med school, accept the $300k worth of debt, and pass the coursework, then pass the board exams. I have been around long enough to see most girls who want to be physicians fall by the wayside at some point in the process.

And the very few who get thru, often stop practicing after 5 years or so due to burnout and wanting to start a family instead. That’s why I think women in med school is an overall waste because men are more likely to stick to their guns and actually SERVE out an actual career in that capacity. Girls, on the other hand, tend to think they are up to the challenge because they are fans of the latest hospital drama which makes medicine seem glamorous and fun.

So you’re right in the sense that the only winners are the banks that provide finance student loans. Meanwhile you have a young females who only temporarily work as physicians (if they do at all), and a society deprived of yet another career physician because the med school seat went to a girl who thought she was signing up for the TV show Grey’s Anatomy.

These are life decisions that tend to make American women "mean" in my experience.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/psychiatry ... atry/85220
I've got a teen daughter who likes a medical drama. She's smart, gets straight A's, works hard, etc. She thought about becoming an ENT. She's got an ear cam for picking out ear wax and looking at her ear. It's pretty cheap and hooks up to a Mac. I asked her if she wanted to become a doctor. She told me she thought about how many years they studied, and said she wanted to get married and have children and spend time with the children. The doctor thing didn't make much sense to her. She'll probably get a free ride to college. Going to a top college and marrying an educated husband sounds like a possibility. I'd like to keep the daughters in the house until they marry. Asian cultural practices make sense in that respect. The problem is, I don't live close to Oxford, and the top schools in my state are far away. Maybe I can move before then.
As much as I hate to admit this, but she has her head on straight. A woman with a brain knows very well that having a family EARLY when she is most beautiful and able to attract a top quality man is smart. THEN, after the kids are old enough to fend for themselves in the teen years, she can attend medical school and practice medicine to her heart's content.

For a variety of reasons, this is lost on Western women whose teachers, parents, and peers suck them into six-figure educational debt when they are young, sprightly and most fertile. After spending their years of highest sexual market value on university and the workplace, they later lament why they no longer have the option to be chosen by a top tier man.

This is backward-assed thinking caused by feminism narrative.
A generation or two ago, well-to-do girls going to college to snag a college man for a husband was a thing. If my daughter finished high school at 18 at 22... what are the odds she would have been married by 22 if she'd stayed home or gone out and gotten a little job somewhere? Where we live, she can get a free ride, other than fees, if she keeps her grades up. We do not live right near a top or 2nd tier university, but it's possible that we could by then. If she marries out of college and has children, then goes out to work after they are older, she'd be doing that with a bachelors instead of earning on later. If some really excellent young man wanted to marry her at 18 or 19, and it made sense, I am open to that, but I suspect one of my other daughters would be a better fit for that scenario. Then he could pay for the college education after the kids get older if they went that route. Right now, though, there aren't a lot of decent young men marrying 19-year-olds.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm
MrMan wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:22 am
Not all of them are in debt, nice to see a real producer. We need real people like surgeons, anybody who cannot see how they control all of us world wide through credit and debt is a dim bulb.
It’s one thing to want to be a surgeon, but quite another to get into med school, accept the $300k worth of debt, and pass the coursework, then pass the board exams. I have been around long enough to see most girls who want to be physicians fall by the wayside at some point in the process.

And the very few who get thru, often stop practicing after 5 years or so due to burnout and wanting to start a family instead. That’s why I think women in med school is an overall waste because men are more likely to stick to their guns and actually SERVE out an actual career in that capacity. Girls, on the other hand, tend to think they are up to the challenge because they are fans of the latest hospital drama which makes medicine seem glamorous and fun.

So you’re right in the sense that the only winners are the banks that provide finance student loans. Meanwhile you have a young females who only temporarily work as physicians (if they do at all), and a society deprived of yet another career physician because the med school seat went to a girl who thought she was signing up for the TV show Grey’s Anatomy.

These are life decisions that tend to make American women "mean" in my experience.

I've got a teen daughter who likes a medical drama. She's smart, gets straight A's, works hard, etc. She thought about becoming an ENT. She's got an ear cam for picking out ear wax and looking at her ear. It's pretty cheap and hooks up to a Mac. I asked her if she wanted to become a doctor. She told me she thought about how many years they studied, and said she wanted to get married and have children and spend time with the children. The doctor thing didn't make much sense to her. She'll probably get a free ride to college. Going to a top college and marrying an educated husband sounds like a possibility. I'd like to keep the daughters in the house until they marry. Asian cultural practices make sense in that respect. The problem is, I don't live close to Oxford, and the top schools in my state are far away. Maybe I can move before then.
As much as I hate to admit this, but she has her head on straight. A woman with a brain knows very well that having a family EARLY when she is most beautiful and able to attract a top quality man is smart. THEN, after the kids are old enough to fend for themselves in the teen years, she can attend medical school and practice medicine to her heart's content.

For a variety of reasons, this is lost on Western women whose teachers, parents, and peers suck them into six-figure educational debt when they are young, sprightly and most fertile. After spending their years of highest sexual market value on university and the workplace, they later lament why they no longer have the option to be chosen by a top tier man.

A generation or two ago, well-to-do girls going to college to snag a college man for a husband was a thing. If my daughter finished high school at 18 at 22... what are the odds she would have been married by 22 if she'd stayed home or gone out and gotten a little job somewhere? Where we live, she can get a free ride, other than fees, if she keeps her grades up. We do not live right near a top or 2nd tier university, but it's possible that we could by then. If she marries out of college and has children, then goes out to work after they are older, she'd be doing that with a bachelors instead of earning on later. If some really excellent young man wanted to marry her at 18 or 19, and it made sense, I am open to that, but I suspect one of my other daughters would be a better fit for that scenario. Then he could pay for the college education after the kids get older if they went that route. Right now, though, there aren't a lot of decent young men marrying 19-year-olds.
Women who want to get married should should do so at age 25 when their brain is fully developed. 19 to 22 in today's complex world of distractions and misinformation is too young to know what's really going on.

Ideally, women and men should no longer marry at all as the bible advises. The world has changed into one of temporary, monogamous relationships that sometimes lead to children.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

September 22nd, 2020, 8:12 pm
Women who want to get married should should do so at age 25 when their brain is fully developed. 19 to 22 in today's complex world of distractions and misinformation is too young to know what's really going on.
That amounts to stiffing the husband by depriving him of a decade of her youth and beauty and presumably implies that by the time of marriage she will be an unmarriagable worthless slut. A complex world makes it all the more important that young females be placed under the charge of a responsible husband that they obey and STFU.
Ideally, women and men should no longer marry at all as the bible advises. The world has changed into one of temporary, monogamous relationships that sometimes lead to children.
And with disastrous consequences.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

September 22nd, 2020, 8:12 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm
MrMan wrote:

The Bible offers marriage or not marrying as options. Either is allowed. But not marrying requires __celibacy__ no sex. Do you like that option? If my daughter marries, it has to be to a man who shares the same values.

Why would you be in favor of a girl marrying after her brain is fully developed? Isn't one of the advantages of a man marrying a woman young and flexible that he gets to have some impact on her development, kind of like 'imprinting' on a baby bird? Fathers should be involved in the daughter's decision to marry, so she doesn't marry a dud or someone who is abusive.

I've taught my daughters, "Marriage is when your father chooses a young man to be your husband..." stuff like that from a young age, with the option of me approving their pick, too. Another rule in the household is no dating until they are old enough to get married or very close to it. My tween and teen girl cook and do housework. The little one helps with dishes,too. They are actually getting training to be good, quality wives here, probably better skills than what men get when they look for an 'independent woman' with a good education who earns her own money.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:23 pm
But not marrying requires __celibacy__ no sex. Do you like that option? If my daughter marries, it has to be to a man who shares the same values.
This isn't true of course. Plenty of men in the Bible have sex with whores.
Why would you be in favor of a girl marrying after her brain is fully developed? Isn't one of the advantages of a man marrying a woman young and flexible that he gets to have some impact on her development, kind of like 'imprinting' on a baby bird? Fathers should be involved in the daughter's decision to marry, so she doesn't marry a dud or someone who is abusive.
Indeed. It seems CE is a feminist.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:
Considering he spent several threads bashing on anyone who would confess to being married or even contemplating the idea... More proof of his senile dementia.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
The Bible offers marriage or not marrying as options. Either is allowed. But not marrying requires __celibacy__ no sex. Do you like that option? If my daughter marries, it has to be to a man who shares the same values.
Fornication in the biblical context has nothing to do with marriage per se. It means sex outside of a committed relationship because marriage back then were only formalized with rich people of the noble classes, not simple people. So you can indeed have sex outside of marriage so long as it is in the context of an actual relationship. The marriage requirement is just a "johnny come lately" addition to control people even further. It is a shame you took that definition of fornication to heart. A smarter discussion of what fornication REALLY means is in the link.

https://www.epm.org/resources/2010/Feb/ ... rnication/

I don't expect you to agree because you are too fully invested in thinking people cannot have sex before marriage, but natural human behavior and human history dispute that notion.
MrMan wrote: Why would you be in favor of a girl marrying after her brain is fully developed? Isn't one of the advantages of a man marrying a woman young and flexible that he gets to have some impact on her development, kind of like 'imprinting' on a baby bird? Fathers should be involved in the daughter's decision to marry, so she doesn't marry a dud or someone who is abusive.
I probably have more experience with younger women than most. I can tell you that most women under the age of 22 are train wrecks who I would not trust to make ANY important life decisions on their own. They have a very difficult time thinking about harmful consequences because their cerebral cortex is not yet solidified. These women are technically adults, but they are children in many ways.

I am dating a 24 year old German girl (which is older for me) and she gets me and gets it in ways that girls two years younger just cannot do. Granted she is high IQ and sharp as a tack, but she follows my lead and is on my program because she trusts me and wants to be with someone whose life is one of success and leisure. I have had 20 and 21 year olds behave like spoiled, petulant brats who could not see the forest for the trees. One I dumped in March and was arrested for DUI last week.

A man who marries a young 20 something, will get himself a confused, complaining, child who resents when she can't get her way. After 25, women see that life is not the fairy tale, Hollywood film they once thought it was. They see marriage more as a partnership and an enterprise instead of a love affair at that point.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on September 22nd, 2020, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

September 22nd, 2020, 9:47 pm
Fornication in the biblical context has nothing to do with marriage per se. It means sex outside of a committed relationship because marriage back then were only formalized with rich people of the noble classes, not simple people. So you can indeed have sex outside of marriage so long as it is in the context of an actual relationship. The marriage requirement is just a "johnny come lately" addition to control people even further.
MrMan wrote:
I probably have more experience with younger women than most. I can tell you that most women under the age of 22 are train wrecks who I would not trust to make ANY important life decisions on their own. They have a very difficult time thinking about harmful consequences because their cerebral cortex is not yet solidified. These women are technically adults, but they are children in many ways.

I am dating a 24 year old German girl (which is pretty old for me) and she gets me and gets it in ways that girls two years younger just cannot do. Granted she is high IQ and sharp as a tack, but she follows my lead and is on my program because she trusts me and wants to be with someone whose life is one of success and leisure. I have had 20 and 21 year olds behave like spoiled, petulant brats who could not see the forest for the trees. One I dumped in March and was arrested for DUI last week.

A man who marries a young 20 something, will get himself a confused, complaining, child who resents when she can't get her way. After 25, women see that life is not the fairy tale, Hollywood film they once thought it was. They see marriage more as a partnership and an enterprise instead of a love affair at that point.
24 is pretty young for me...and I am 32.

The only reason we haven't seen your mugshot in a police station yet is that all these young dates are only really happening in your mind. The cringe factor remains intact, though...