Anyone else thinks that some Americans are anti-social because of the suburbs and the cars?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Anyone else thinks that some Americans are anti-social because of the suburbs and the cars?

Post by Archibault »

Hey guys,
I think Winston was right than compared Europeans Americans are much more anti-social. My theory is that America the suburbs, property ownership and cars makes people that way. In contrast in Europe they don't have this type of problem due to apartment living, high density and public transportation. noticed that even the people who left the suburbs and relocated in cities like Florida have this very "anti-social" mindset. What are called, "NIMBY's" (Get off my lawn types). Only the biggest cities don't have people like this, most people seem to not care nor "patrol" the neighborhood.

What is the suburban personality? (I'm not saying everyone but some people definitely have this traits)
-Close minded/Insular minded
-Dislike visitors, tourists
-All about "wasteful consumption" buying things you don't need
-Lonely
-Anti-social
-Fearful of the world, doesn't like learning about it

What do you guys think?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anyone else thinks that some Americans are anti-social because of the suburbs and the cars?

Post by Winston »

That's partially true. But it's not that simple. How come people in NYC and Chicago are not open and social? But if you go to small towns in rural areas the people are much more relaxed. American cities are built for business. Also not all cities are the same. In Moscow the girls are very open and flirtatious and approachable. See the videos in my links for proof.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone else thinks that some Americans are anti-social because of the suburbs and the cars?

Post by jamesbond »

Archibault wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 2:33 pm
Hey guys,
I think Winston was right than compared Europeans Americans are much more anti-social. My theory is that America the suburbs, property ownership and cars makes people that way. In contrast in Europe they don't have this type of problem due to apartment living, high density and public transportation. noticed that even the people who left the suburbs and relocated in cities like Florida have this very "anti-social" mindset. What are called, "NIMBY's" (Get off my lawn types). Only the biggest cities don't have people like this, most people seem to not care nor "patrol" the neighborhood.

What is the suburban personality? (I'm not saying everyone but some people definitely have this traits)
-Close minded/Insular minded
-Dislike visitors, tourists
-All about "wasteful consumption" buying things you don't need
-Lonely
-Anti-social
-Fearful of the world, doesn't like learning about it

What do you guys think?

I think that people who live in suburbs lead very insulated lives. For example, since in the suburbs you have to drive everywhere, you don't get a chance to meet any people like you would if you lived in a big city and could walk or take public transportation instead of driving.

Also, the suburbs are made up of mostly married couples and children. So, if you are single or divorced, you are going to have a hard time meeting other single or divorced people.

In addition to all of this, there is not much to do in the suburbs except go shopping. How are you supposed to meet people when there is no place to go and meet people?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah in the middle ages the towns had a square where you could socialize and meet people. These days in Taiwan and America meeting people feels like a sin or crime. Very weird and creepy. Worse than any horror movie.

Small town America can still be friendly though. The folks there are more relaxed and down to earth and good natured. However, most of them are older folks.

It's the cities and suburbs that are isolating and anti-social.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne