Website claims 42% of their foreign brides victim of abuse

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Website claims 42% of their foreign brides victim of abuse

Post by MrMan »

The page is talking about South Korea. It says the government encourages men to marry foreigners, and that 42% reported being victims of domestic abuse.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/08/02/sou ... -of-abuse/

I would like to see them define abuse. WHO has a set of variables for abuse that include a man withholding money.

I have seen serious surveys that ask a simple set of questions including whether a man has withheld money or threatened to. They put that in the same category with a man who hits a woman or threatens her with violence.

So I'd want to know if that counts as 'domestic violence' for this website, or if 29% of South Korean men really slap their South Korean wives around and if 42% of South Korean man who marry foreigners like Vietnamese and Filipinas really hit them, too.

Here is a quote, "More than 42% of foreign wives reported having suffered domestic violence — including physical, verbal, sexual, and financial abuse — "

That sounds like WHO variables. If the vast majority 'withhold money'-- well, no duh. The average South Korean farmer who has to look abroad to find a wife isn't rich.

And if the man in the family controls the purse strings, that is not the same thing as 'abuse' either.

I trust my wife. I've got a joint account with her. But she knows she's got to consult with me for non-routine purchases, too. And if I wanted to keep all the money in my account and give her rights for survivorship or something like that in case something happened to me, that's not 'abuse' as long as I take care of her.

Bad research methodology kind of burns me up if it's used to prop up a stupid agenda.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Re: Website claims 42% of their foreign brides victim of abuse

Post by jerryrigged »

So if you find your wife in bed with her supposed "cousin" one afternoon and decide you've just had enough and leave everything behind but your bank account, you are guilty of abuse? In the USA they just call this "abandonment", but its not considered a form of abuse. I am not aware of any countries which criminally penalize men for fleeing relationships. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the future, though. I n most of the western world, you lose your divorce case just for being male....
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

domestic violence — including physical, verbal, sexual, and financial abuse
There are many research data which are not or only reluctantly, partially and edited, being published.

If you really include verbal abuse as domestic violence, you can clearly say, women are as violent or even more violent compared to men in that category.

About physical violence and injuries while weaker, angry women often use as weapons heavy items, like ashtrays, glass bottles, flower pots when attacking a man causing serious injuries too - while men using only their hands in most cases.

Financial abuse - what should that mean? For me this is about pimps taken away the money from their prostitutes they send to the streets.
In Japan to prevent such a discussion, shared private banking accounts of individuals, married or not, are not allowed.

Sexual abuse between a married couple is a strange feminist creation in Western countries, I wonder how it is legally allowed that a married woman can sleep with another man and refuse sex with her husband and when getting pregnant to claim the husband is the father - the term paternity fraud is outlawed because it is not an offence, it must be called paternity discrepancy.

Ridiculous, the woman as victim as always, despite men are treated as second class citizens in those countries.

Generally said, my compassion for 'mistreated women facing domestic violence' is very limited. I am not talking about societies where women are forced into marriage, but about Western countries and laws and their Western feminist women.

It is the woman in these Western countries who is choosing her men out of a rather big selection. It is not the man choosing the woman.

Ladies, what about to choose your boyfriends more carefully and change the criteria how you choose them? Ordinary men are rejected, and violent thugs all have girlfriends with them...Think about it.
Last edited by Yohan on September 17th, 2021, 5:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The way the questions from WHO are asked, used in various surveys, if a man turns down his partner's request for money, that can be counted as intimate partner violence. The woman completing the survey doesn't even have to know her answer will show up as having an abusive partner.