Why are so many guys here obsessed with cold approaching random women?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are so many guys here obsessed with cold approaching random women?

Post by Tsar »

Gali wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 6:28 am
Tsar wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 5:39 am
Gali wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 12:58 am
Tsar wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 6:06 pm
Gali wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 10:44 am
Same could be said about beggars. People do not like beggars and it is enforced in some places that they do not do it. It is not nice bothering people. Hard to understand if you are a psychopath but it is what it is.
Hard to understand if you are a psychopath or not a psychopath?
I did write what I mean.
I think if there are beggars then it's society's own fault, not beggars bothering people.
Then maybe we can go further meta and say it is nature's 'fault' because it created men and society that way. So some societies are created so that beggars and psychopaths are ostracized. So it is natures will.
That's more false. Modern society is heavily infected with Zionism and corrupt capitalism. Before a certain point in history, most land wasn't owned, money wasn't Rothschild paper coupons, and nations were mostly ethnic-specific creating a greater sense of community. The world in 2021 is completely unsuitable for real humans and most people in the world aren't truly human anymore.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
boixos24
Freshman Poster

Post by boixos24 »

Most marriages in the Arab world involve asking your family/friends to find a bride for you. Thing is, they get married just 3-6 months after first exchanging contact info. There's no dating phase.

You either end up miserable blaming the person who set you up, or you manage to make the relationship work after a rough start. Sad thing is some couples have a baby to try to fix their marriage but it ends up being awful for the child who succumbs from all the fighting between the parents.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Seriously, ALL methods of meeting women are shitty. Cold approach sucks. Online dating sucks. Waiting to be introduced to someone may produce the most quality result... but you could be waiting until the end of days; it is passive, so it also sucks.

Though I'm a far cry from "obsessed" with cold approach, I did meet the most women by far through this method, during periods in my life when I had lots of free time to play the numbers. The time sink is the downside to cold approach. If anyone ever tells you he gets frequent success through it, you can be sure that one of two things are true: Either he is unusually good-looking OR he has a sick amount of free time on his hands.

The root of the problem is that women could care less about all but the top small percent of high status good-looking men. Whatever method a man picks to try to meet women, there is that reality staring him down.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Winston wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 10:52 pm
Well if u can't cold approach then how are you supposed to meet people? Unless u are part of a clique or some organized activity where u meet people as part of the function or job. It won't happen naturally.

How come in the movies people meet by cold approach all the time like its something normal or natural? If you can't do that in real life then how do people meet or make friends or find a girlfriend or wife?

In the USA there's no other way to meet people unless you have a social clique which are exclusive in nature.

I met some cool girls in Russia via cold approach. One became my girlfriend for a while. So it does have some value even if there are a lot of flake outs.

A girl i met in China who became my girlfriend for a while also talked to me at McDonald's unexpectedly. So it does happen sometimes like in the movies. Just not so much in the USA.

I've also been spoiled. 4 years in Angeles City and 1 year in Russia where i could cold approach any girl i wanted freely without taboo or restriction. Now i cannot get used to places where thats not allowed anymore. Its like being Superman for a few years and then go back to being a mortal again. No way could u readjust.
Well its like I mentioned in OP, I think a matchmaking culture is 100x more effective then expecting people to cold approach. This is how people used to meet...

And now that people are expected to meet online or cold approach random women in bars and nightclubs, this is our result...

Cold approaching and meeting online is an unnatural way of meeting people, that's why it doesn't really work for most people. If you're really serious about meeting girls, then matchmakers of some kind are the best way to go about it. The matchmaker could be a friend, your parent if you're young, or even a professional matchmaker. But I think if this whole "men must seduce women" culture continues that sexlessness is going to continue rising.
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

You guys are all wrong. Your grandfather and great grandfathers didn't have to cold approach or have a matchmaker or online date.

They had an actual community structure that functioned properly and marriage was a joining of two families. Love wasn't a big deal as marriage was a much more practical and functional necessity of the community or village in which they lived.

The community structure in Western Nations was destroyed through industrialization then offshoring then financialization and the feminist movement combined with birth control. These series of events gutted the culture and the functional community social arrangement which was in place in many Western nations which made it easy to find a wife in your local community or village. Most people didn't travel that far from their regions because they didn't have the means to and they didn't need to because everything they needed was in there communities. People actually relied on family because it was all they had to get by on.

Now look at the situation....no more community....everyone is an atomized economic unit fighting and competing against one another for jobs and money so they can buy useless shit that is going to rust away and brake down anyways. Industrial society has really done a number on people.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

My maternal grandparents were neighbors in a rural area. My dad does not know how his parents met.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Outcast9428 wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 10:46 pm
Instead of complaining about sexual harassment laws or whether you're gonna get MeToo'd or not. We should talk about the real method of meeting girls that was successful for thousands of years but in recent years has largely vanished as a way of meeting girls. That is, being setup through friends, co-workers, and family. This method has all the ingredients of successfully finding a relationship. You don't have the anxiety of approaching a girl, you don't have to worry about whether she's busy or not, you don't have to worry about whether she has a boyfriend or not, and you can ask people you know if they know somebody who fits specifically into your type. This way you know you are meeting a girl who is single, wants to meet you, probably is something along the lines of what you're looking for in a girl, and on top of that you don't have to deal with the awkwardness of trying to pickup a girl, arrange a date or whatever.

Dating apps have done more damage to relationships then anything else in our time period. The rise of dating apps has coincided closely with a staggering increase of male sexlessness. Dating apps are not the solution to this mess. The solution to this mess is that we need to start understanding that romantic relationships are not purely an individual pursuit and that a big part of being a good friend is trying to find them dates, a big part of being a good parent is finding your own sons and daughters a good marital partner. I don't know how this philosophy can start spreading again but until it does, the dating nightmare which is modern day America is going to continue.

Excellent points I agree completely. Studies have shown that the best way to meet people is through your friends and family members. This is how most people met up until the rise of online dating back in the mid to late 90's. Bars and nightclubs are a horrible way to meet people as is using online dating. Cold approaching does not work and only makes women more fearful of men.

The best thing to do is ask your friends, family members, neighbors, acquaintances and coworkers if they know of any single female friends or family members that they can introduce you to. This sure the hell beats using online dating, cold approaching or going to bars and nightclubs to try and meet women.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."