How do normie brains work?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How do normie brains work?

Post by Winston »

Another key feature that normies/NPCs have is that they NEVER make OBSERVATIONS of their own, even if they've traveled a lot or been to many countries. Check out the normies on the Travel Channel for instance, they never make observations comparing people and cultures like we do. Or like Ladislav and Rock do, who are experienced expert expats. All they say is that "everything is great and people are all wonderful and friendly", etc. Blah blah blah. Even the backpackers you see in hostels do not usually make observations. Even most expats don't. Only a small percentage of travelers do. For some reason, normies and NPCs can't form their own observations, they just go with whatever their crowd or tribe says. Liberals say what the liberal hive says, and conservatives say what the conservative crowd says, etc. They don't have observations, insights, opinions, or ruminations of their own. They just copy the opinions of others. This is a defining characteristic of normies and NPCs it seems. They also appear to be following some sort of script, like actors in a movie or video game characters in an RPG game.

Have any of you noticed this too? Especially in Asia where people never have any opinion of their own and people are strict conformists, as we all know. Except for weird anomalies like me. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2022, 9:59 am
Another key feature that normies/NPCs have is that they NEVER make OBSERVATIONS of their own, even if they've traveled a lot or been to many countries. Check out the normies on the Travel Channel for instance, they never make observations comparing people and cultures like we do. Or like Ladislav and Rock do, who are experienced expert expats. All they say is that "everything is great and people are all wonderful and friendly", etc. Blah blah blah. Even the backpackers you see in hostels do not usually make observations. Even most expats don't. Only a small percentage of travelers do. For some reason, normies and NPCs can't form their own observations, they just go with whatever their crowd or tribe says. Liberals say what the liberal hive says, and conservatives say what the conservative crowd says, etc. They don't have observations, insights, opinions, or ruminations of their own. They just copy the opinions of others. This is a defining characteristic of normies and NPCs it seems. They also appear to be following some sort of script, like actors in a movie or video game characters in an RPG game.

Have any of you noticed this too? Especially in Asia where people never have any opinion of their own and people are strict conformists, as we all know. Except for weird anomalies like me. lol
Some NPCs follow these scripts:

Complaining script. Conspiracy theory script. Narcissm script. Why can only I see that - script. Flat earth script. Simulation script :mrgreen:
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Mercer wrote:
April 5th, 2022, 4:23 pm
Gali either doesn't understand the concepts that Winston is bringing up or is a failed normie himself and desperately wants to argue the point and be a contrarian because he can't accept his outcast status. It takes a strong individual to have enough self-awareness to know their place on the social hierarchy. Most people either lack this self-awareness or are in denial about it. Let's face it, if you post on an obscure forum like this one, date foreign women, etc. then you are not a normie. A normie, neurotypical American would accept his fate and insult anyone who decides to go another route. They don't think outside of the box at all and go against anything that isn't mainstream programming. They also can't accept that people that they want to be below them - so-called "outcasts", autistic, ugly men, etc. are actually living more fulfilling lives than they are by doing things their way instead of following the script of mainstream society.
Dude I am not an American. I linked the Autism forum. There an autist is a normy. There are so many of them. That is the forum for autists. Being abroad does not make you autistic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xdnzmuUedY
Andrew Tate: Why I Left England For Romania
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

What is it about being autistic that makes you unable to know what to say or do in social situations? Everyone learns this behaviour, what makes autistic people unable to learn it that easily?
You’re question is incorrect (Its gonna take me a while to get to why its incorrect and answer your question though).

The biggest thing that gets in the way is our Cognitive Empathy is not as attached to our emotional part of the brain as it is to the Logical Cognitive Part of our brain. In Neurotypical People’s brains (non-Autistic) their Cognitive Empathy part is more attached to the emotional parts of the brain rather than the Logical Cognitive Part.

Our brains also work in the Opposite direction of yours, we take in details and create concepts from them, our brains work from the bottom up. It allows us to be able to think outside the box, make connections between many more different things, it allows us to understand things more deeply, it allows us to find patterns more easily. It naturally compares and contrasts everything to the point where misinformation falls apart given enough time and informational input. It creates a better more accurate picture and its able to create solutions that other people didn’t think of. It why Autistic people (or at least people with high levels of autistic traits) are commonly found in the arts, sciences, IT and college professor employment areas. But that also makes terrible at applied tasks and social tasks. Neurotypical think in the opposite direction, you take concepts, and create details out of them. Which enables to build or do a physical task without actually having to plan every step to the finest detail, like we Autistic people do (Otherwise we do really stupid things in what should be incredibly simple tasks). But because of our Autistic brains work it makes complex stuff fairly easy, but the simple stuff fairly difficult. Because our brains work by taking in so many details, our senses become heightened, we become sensitive to everything around us, we are able to hear electricity in the walls, and see the flickering of fluorescent lighting, we see, hear, feel, smell, and taste and for some of us (like me) even feel emotions more intensely (and rest of us, have Alexithymia a condition where we or I should say they can’t identify their own or other people’s emotions instinctively, they have them but they won’t know instinctively what their emotions actually are). Also our brains can’t seem to figure out what is important and what isn’t and isn’t able to tune stuff out. So to handle the barrage of information our brains have decided to downgrade our social and communication and motor tasks parts of our brains to accommodate the amount of sensory and more other information than needs to be processed. Because of this our Cognitive Empathy parts of our brain are more connected to our more logical parts of our brain than our emotional parts. So we end up unable to understand someone else’s point of view through their emotions, but instead assume we understand their position through our own logic.

What is incorrect about your question is the idea that neurotypical people actually learn the behavior. Actually you didn’t really learn it. The rules were hidden all along because all you had to understand was your emotional response to different things, which is fairly simple, all you have to do is identify your responses based on your emotions because your Cognitive Empathy is based in emotion. (Note a lack in Cognitive Empathy doesn’t mean that we lack Empathy, we have Affective and Compassionate Empathy).

On the other hand in us, our Cognitive Empathy is based in logic. So our idea of responding to the situation is completely different to yours. Even if I do factor people’s emotions into it, it still doesn’t make sense completely because emotions respond in ways that don’t logically make sense. For example why do you say “I’m fine” if asked what is wrong when you are not fine, that’s kinda defeating the purpose. Why do you consider sickness to be an insult. Why do you tell people the tell the truth, and then constantly lie yourselves. None of these things make sense logically, emotionally they may, but not logically. And since our brains are using a completely different method from a completely different perspective to try to understand you we end up doing things like: 1) Criticizing people and expecting them to understand that as not an insult but see it as your trying to help them learn or because you care about them, 2) Not understanding how much other people know about your own thoughts, or ideas, etc. And like neurotypical people which the fact that their Cognitive empathy being based in emotion creates its own set of social rules, similarly for us Autistic people, our cognitive empathy being based in logic creates its own set of social rules as well which conflict almost entirely with the neurotypical ones. Also because of our brains are built were, autistic brains doing bottom up processing require a lot more information to make an assumption, where neurotypical brains don’t need as much thinking in the opposite direction and because of this Neurotypical People Make A Heck of A Lot Of Assumptions About Everything That Autistic People Don’t Really Fit Into.

Compounding that assumption problem is one because of the lack of cognitive empathy we lack the ability to manipulate people easily (that doesn’t mean it can’t be learned though in fact, psychopaths missing all three parts of empathy, and have to create it manually) and the fact we crave order, and dishonesty creates disorder, and is illogical usually so we tend not to lie much, but neurotypicals are always assuming that we are lying constantly. When Autistic people communicate we tend to mean what we say and we have no hidden meanings behind it.

All of this is influenced by the fact that now the part the brain that releases dopamine to reward certain tasks, which would be in neurotypical people, social tasks, is now in a logical part of the brain and now its release dopamine for understanding information deeply not for simply just interacting socially. So that means we have no reason, or want or any point in doing small talk (in fact for us it just gets in the away). Like sure I get the point of small talk to try to establish bonds with people so they can help you later, basically networking but look at it this way: When an Autistic person says “How are you?” what they are saying “Hi, I may have not seen or talked to you in a while and because of that I don’t know what to ask, but I genuinely care about you so could please honestly tell me how you are feeling and/or what you have been doing recently” where for neurotypicals it means “Hi, while I acknowledge your existence I don’t really care about you but I want to pretend I care about so you’ll do me favors later so please say ‘good”. Like why? If you never actually cared then why should I do favors for you. I find that insulting actually. Because to me caring about each other should only need to be justified by the fact that we are all human.

Because of this our emotional processing is different just from being Autistic. Our emotions fluctuate wildly, like every 5 to 20 minutes if that. Our more negative emotions, i.e. anger, sadness, etc are shown more outwardly, then our positive emotions, happiness which seem more subdued on the exterior. Although I promise you we still have those emotions as much as the rest of you. We also seem to have an emotion, or at least I do of neutral where I do really feel anything in particular and my emotions fluctuate from there. Also apparently the neutral emotion looks like neurotypical anger on the exterior. Also certain other emotions are messed up or hidden or are forced into the logical part of the brain where they cause problems with focus and the ability to do physical tasks but don’t always cause an obvious emotional response.

And their is the fact that 50% to 80% of the people on the spectrum also have a condition called Alexithymia, which is the inability to instinctively know your own or other people’s emotions. They have emotions they just aren’t as obvious. This makes it difficult to understand what others are feeling. If you walk into a room with someone who is upset, and you have Alexithymia, unless they are crying they won’t notice much, if they do notice facial features of sadness and they ask “are you okay?” and the neurotypical responses which the common but illogical response “I’m fine” (because for some reason its apparently offense to have a human emotion) then they just believe it because they have no reason not to and walk anyway. The neurotypical person can’t understand how they didn’t notice the emotional vibes people give off, but the person has Alexithymia so they can’t interpret those vibes instinctively like neurotypical people can.

So here is a list of some of the differences in social rules or social differences between Autistic and Neurotypical people.

The subject matter that neurotypicals and Autistic people like to talk about are totally different. Neurotypicals talk a lot about things like Celebrities, Relationships, Gossip, the weather (which is the part of the weather that everyone already knows about, like the storm yesterday, yeah we all know it did this that or other thing, so its pointless), and other things. They never really get into what Aspies like to get into which is our special interests, and subjects we can have a discussion on and each add their own ideas to the discussion or their own stories instead of just throwing in agreement or talking about things that have little consequence to anyone. Yet the things we really should talk about mental health, physical health, politics, income, etc are tabooed subjects. When these are probably some of the most important things to talk about, as mental health should be talked about because it determines your health and further people shouldn’t be offended by it because nobody wants to have mental health problems so why is their stigma about it? Further physical health, again its not in your control so why is it a bad thing to be sick? And we should talk about it because we may need that knowledge to help us later. Politics, this determines how resources are allocated, and it determines how much care and protection people are given, it determines who lives or dies. Very rarely in politics does someone intend to want people to have worse lives so we should talk about it and be open but skeptical about it. Its too important to not talk about. Income, you do realize by not talking about income your allowing corporations to not pay you a fair share, right? And even stuff like relationships, when it intersects with mental health, suddenly the conversation is tabooed again, when its the most important to talk about. In Aspie to Aspie conversations the subject matter varies, Autism is fairly common, as stuff about each other’s lives and stuff but also special interests are very common. Taboos aren’t really as common either.
Neurotypical conversation almost never allow for us to talk about our Special Interests (Which a lot of neurotypicals seem to think its like a hobby but its more like a cross between a deep romantic relationship where you are constantly thinking about that person and a hobby, that’s what it feels like) which are our “inner worlds” and we would love to talk about them if you just let us, but you don’t because it doesn’t interest you and usually we get on big long rants (luckily it gets better in adulthood thank god!). In conversations between Autistic people we just let each other rant even if aren’t particularly interested in the other person’s interests and we’ll interrupt to ask questions or make commentary or whatever because if you didn’t interrupt you probably wouldn’t be able to say anything. That is honestly one of the most frustrating things about talking with neurotypicals. Me and my Aspie friends have no problem going on and on for hours talking about things.
We usually don’t have the elaborate social experiences that you guys do. We’re often outcasted, plus we don’t save our social experiences as much, because much of our brain is filled with information relating to our special interests. Neurotypical conversation topics don’t give us very much to grab onto to talk about which is what we need to continue to talk.
Small Talk. Small Talk is pointless. Like for example “Hi, How are you” for Autistic people (if they use it at all) means “Hi, I know we haven’t talked in a while and therefore I don’t know what exactly to ask but I genuinely care about so please honestly tell me how you feel and what you have been doing lately.” Where for neurotypical people it means this ridiculousness: “Hi, while I acknowledge your existence, I don’t really care about you, but I want to pretend I care about you so you’ll do me favors so please say “good”.” For if you don’t care about me that is insulting, and I won’t do any favors for you, because for me you actually have to care and that should be human nature not based on favors. Also often things involving small talk are about things that are already known and pretty everyone already understand even if they weren’t said. Its just talk to well talk. Its pointless. You guys get energy from just talking to each other, but we don’t we get energy from learning stuff and our special interests so its kinda boring.
Also neurotypicals can’t handle the truth either. Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes neurotypicals make something that shouldn’t be hurtful like having a disability, or an illness or your age, or your feelings or your income, etc, etc, etc out to be such a big giant deal. None of those things, or anything your born with or into or anything that every human being has should be so offensive. Like why? Why should emotions be covered up, can’t we just be honest with each other. Like why does a disability have to be found as a bad thing as if people could control it? Or why does income have to be such a taboo as if it was laziness? Which it isn’t for the record. Like why is your age offensive, we were all young once, hopefully we will all be old once, why? Neurotypicals put way too much weight on beauty and looks and other stuff. Like that doesn’t make you who you are as a person. For example, how you look might attract a mate, but its never going to keep you together. Like why is looks so important? Their are other ones, tons of them.
Sometimes criticism is going to hurt because well its true, but that doesn’t make us failures, and none of us should ever expect ourselves to be perfect because we can’t. We tell people the unbridled truth because we expect that sooner or later down the road the fact that nobody told them will hurt them. For example American Idol, the terrible singers, if the world was all Autistic people, their wouldn’t be terrible singers on American Idol.
Often Neurotypicals are trying to find meaning behind whatever we say. When an Autistic person says something, they say what they mean, exactly what they say. If we intended to say something else, or something harsher we probably would of said it. As per #7. Because of this we are constantly being misunderstood.
We also lack conversation skills in the sense that we can’t read body language so we really can’t tell if you want to leave or stay. Or anything else for that matter.
I’ve only realized this year (I’m 20) that to have a good conversation you have to actively using Cognitive Empathy, something we lack (we lack cognitive empathy, we have the other two types of empathy) to think about what you want the other person to ask or say in response. And since we weren’t born with cognitive empathy and we have to learn it manually and its often flawed that way. So I can’t very easily keep a conversation going either.
I’m still not sure exactly how to start a conversation. It just feels awkward to just start talking, but yet it also feels awkward to say anything without putting something in front of it. I actually tried using “How are you?” as a conversation starter and it took me years to realize every version of “How are you” means “How are you” in neurotypical and now its a reflex and I can’t stop doing it and I just want to know how to actually start a conversation.
We empathize differently. We someone is upset my first instinct, is to fix the problem. But neurotypicals apparently want me just to listen which is weird to me. And worse they get offended if you try to give advice. Also we have a problem where Autistic people commonly say stuff from movies to try to empathize (no, literally that is how we learn social skills from watching movies). So commonly I say “Awl, That’s terrible, I’m sorry” or “I’m sorry, I hope you feel better” which gets “Don’t feel sorry, it isn’t your fault.” Which is like I didn’t really think it was my fault in the first place, I just feel sorry for you, you asked me to empathize, now let me. Again another one a big one, is you might hear from an Autistic person empathizing that they will tell you a story similar yours from their life. Which often gets thought of as being selfish and self-centered. But what we were trying to do was show you “I’ve been there, I know how you feel. It’ll get better.” Even worse is when someone says “Tell me about it” or “That’s the story of my life” or something to that effect, which really gets people angry as does reflexively deciding to use “I know how you feel” which I’ve done before. Like seriously I didn’t say my problem was bigger than yours, why would I think that, the world hurts, I never said my problem was bigger or smaller than yours and even if it was, whether its your leg has been cut off or you have a small cut, life hurts, and you need a bandage (okay the leg cut off actually needs a tourniquet, but still that usually involves a bandage). And we all have different experiences and pain thresholds. Emotions are real, I should just tell you “Get over it because I had a worse experience” your emotions were just as real as mine when I went through it, why should I tell you to dismiss them as if they weren’t real?
Further you guys lie and then expect us to do the opposite. For example you’ll say “I’m fine” when your not, and at least half of all Autistic people have Alexithymia which is inability to instinctively know what your or other people’s emotions so if you reply that, they are just going to walk away. Because will have no way of knowing that isn’t true or that you don’t actually want to be left alone. (Again why is an emotion a bad thing, its an emotion, it doesn’t say anything about you, don’t be offended by the fact that you are sad). Also there are tons of these, there are a bunch of them. Because you can’t tell each other anything without being offended. Many of them I really don’t understand even if I was receiving them how they would be offensive, like the one about “I’m fine”. And often they are in response to things we asked. Like for example I don’t have Alexithymia and as a consequence I am hyper-empathetic to such an extent that I cannot watch movies without knowing the entire plot (and even sometimes its too much) because otherwise I feel the characters emotions as deeply as if I were in that situation, particularly fear, sadness, and embarrassment and if I am not prepared for it I can’t watch it. But I ask neurotypical people about the plot and they reply “I’m not telling you, It’ll spoil it.” Like, seriously you didn’t know I knew it would spoil it? I am not an idiot, tell me the plot, if I didn’t intend for you to tell me the plot then I wouldn’t have asked you. And there are other ones where Autistic people will ask a question and neurotypical people will reply in a way refusing to answer the question “for the Autistic person’s benefit”. Like dude, we know what we want and need, and what we don’t want and what we don’t need, if I didn’t want that I wouldn’t have asked. You don’t know what we want or need, as you aren’t us so stop trying to think you know better than we do.
A lot of Autistic people don’t make eye contact, so people think they are lying constantly. But for us, eye contact is extremely intimate and also for me at least its also grotesques, so its highly awkward to look someone in the eyes. Also we are much better if we do not look people in the eyes to process information.
Using phones or reading something or doing your own thing in the presence of a friend is actually appropriate social activity.
People second guessing our emotions because our emotions don’t show externally like theirs do. Like if I had a penny for every time I was asked “Are you angry, because you look angry.
Conversations don’t really have very many rules governing them. The normal rules are not to interrupt if your talking about something sensitive. But you can interrupt if your talking about special interests. And ranting is basically fine. Also lulls in conversation are also fine.
Emotions are never hidden. Emotions are real things and shouldn’t be hidden.
Almost all communication is verbal. The only communication the isn’t verbal is pretty much humor related.
You’re quirks are part of you. Being different isn’t bad and nobody should be expected to act in a certain way just because it doesn’t look right or even if it might be somewhat embarrassing.
Stimming is to be embraced. Stimming is a good thing.
We consider people friends a lifelong thing, once you make a friend, your always friends even if you don’t call or text much. How much we communicate doesn’t determine the level of friendship. If you need help we’ll be one of the first to come running, even if we haven’t seen each other in years, when nobody else shows up. Because to us that is probably the biggest part of being a friend, a shoulder to cry on, someone to give advice, someone to listen to your problems, someone to help you and someone to go on adventures with, and someone you can do the same for them. Friendships to us don’t end unless its been made clear that is has ended by telling us so.
We overload socially pretty quickly especially when their is a lot of people or a lot of sensory thinks around (which often when their is a lot of people their is a lot of things for senses to take in). When I start to overload I get irritable, often just saying anything starts to feel like a giant chore (eventually if I don’t leave I won’t be able to say anything, and I’ll go mute) and when someone asks me a question I usually say “What?…(answer to the question they asked)” because my brain is processing way to slow and it got that something was said, but it didn’t understand what was said until 1–2 seconds later. At this point I need to go home, because you don’t want to see me in person when I am in overload. But sometimes people don’t understand that you have to leave and think its offensive if you don’t. And its like, I am not doing this because I don’t like you, I am doing this because you won’t like me if I don’t leave and recharge.
https://www.quora.com/Do-autistic-people-like-to-dance
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Gali

I have to give you credit, that is an excellent quality post you found. Long... But very accurate and truthful.

When I talk to neurotypicals, one thing I often think to myself is "why does it seem like this person has not accumulated anywhere near as much knowledge as I have despite having been on this Earth for the same number of years?" A lot of people really don't seem to know anything and I wonder what exactly they do all day? Is this why some people fall into workaholism is because they have no idea how else to spend their time?

I do suppose that autistic people have their own rules governing communication with one another. With me and my best friend we usually just say "hey," wait a few seconds, maybe a minute at most, and then leap right into a discussion topic. I also agree with the post that autistic people, contrary to what neurotypicals think, really love talking.

In autistic social spaces, I also notice that violating social norms is outright encouraged rather then discouraged. Some analysts note that autistic people, in comparison to neurotypicals, are very prone to extreme or weird political opinions.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Outcast9428 wrote:
April 8th, 2022, 11:55 am
@Gali

I have to give you credit, that is an excellent quality post you found. Long... But very accurate and truthful.

When I talk to neurotypicals, one thing I often think to myself is "why does it seem like this person has not accumulated anywhere near as much knowledge as I have despite having been on this Earth for the same number of years?" A lot of people really don't seem to know anything and I wonder what exactly they do all day? Is this why some people fall into workaholism is because they have no idea how else to spend their time?

I do suppose that autistic people have their own rules governing communication with one another. With me and my best friend we usually just say "hey," wait a few seconds, maybe a minute at most, and then leap right into a discussion topic. I also agree with the post that autistic people, contrary to what neurotypicals think, really love talking.

In autistic social spaces, I also notice that violating social norms is outright encouraged rather then discouraged. Some analysts note that autistic people, in comparison to neurotypicals, are very prone to extreme or weird political opinions.
I might sound autistic buy why do you not post in the autist forum? People here I think do not care about it.

I am not shure if I am autistic but in any case my solution is doing self improvement. Let us say life is kind of a chess game. So what we have to do is to become good at chess. That is it. So we live in a normie world so we have to adapt. End of story.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 5:48 pm
Winston wrote:
March 19th, 2022, 8:24 pm
They are more animal hive minded. They are connected to a certain frequency of the system where they download whatever the system wants, such as masks and vaccines, and so they all follow and go along. Once you are connected to the frequency, you follow the herd. We are not, that's why we are ostracized. Also, we like social connection and authenticity, normies are not supposed to care about those things.
I have also noticed that 'normies' are very conformist and authoritarian. They do everything by the book and never ask any questions. We on this forum are very non conformist and do ask questions. The english speaking countries are very conformist and authoritarian (US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand).
Have you all noticed something odd? How come people who fit into America tend to conformists and hive minded and love to follow rules, whereas freethinkers do not fit into America? So how can America be the "land of the free" if only conformists fit in? That's a huge oxymoron. In America there are many oxymorons and contradictions like this. What you see and what you hear in America are very different. As MIchael Tsarion, the conspiracy expert said: "In America, you can say you are free, but you cannot ACT like you are free." So true. In America, no one looks free, acts free, or feels free, they just say they are free because they are programmed to. Very creepy. It's like everyone is hypnotized in a trance.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne