Worst Matrix Movie Ever

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Worst Matrix Movie Ever

Post by MrMan »

Some people criticize the third Matrix movie for not being as good as the other two. But I think it was still okay, entertainment-wise.

This fourth one is just boring. I was trying to hold my eyes open. I don't care for overdone action for the sake of action. If action scenes look really cool, that's find, but these weren't that cool. I saw it at home, so I didn't get the full cinema experience, but I am glad I did not shell out the money.

The Matrix and the movies that followed were action movies, but they were more than that. The plot was interesting and stimulated thought. The first movie had a bit of a surprise that viewers could figure out if the plot hadn't been spoiled. And the action scenes of the first three films were actually very entertaining.

Now, there is this third film. I thought Keanu Reeve's acting as a kind of middle aged depressed guy was actually better than his normal surfer dude persona which he kind of had to act around for the Matrix movies. I thought the acting was okay. But the plot was lame. The fight scenes weren't as good as the original. The plot would have been really confusing for those who hadn't seen the first films.

Something very annoying about the film was that it kept cutting back to scenes from the old movie, like it was some piece of fan-made YouTube garbage. The Smith character was there, but they didn't really explore that. The Merovingian was there, and his monologue was annoyingly stupid and ridiculous when I heard it, I just kept thinking, "What a stupid movie. What annoying stupid dialogue." He was yammering on about the way young things are these days and stupid junk while this mass fight scene was going on.

And let's talk about the fight scenes. They weren't the worse, but they weren't cool Matrix fight scenes, either. Since the plot was lame, they could have at least given us Matrix style action. Instead, they mixed in that 'cut scenes' style, where you can't always see the whole body motion. It was choppy and hard to see and follow in a lot of places. There was a little kicking off the wall kind of stuff here and there, but this one massive scene where all kinds of characters were fighting was just lame and boring. The cut scenes weren't as bad as you might see in movies like 'Taken.' I realize when the main characters get past a certain age, like Liam Nieson then, and Keanu Reeves now, they can only do so much, but how about putting his head on some stunt man's body using CGI?

The movie kind of undid what Neo had done in the third film. It unresolved resolved issues.

If you watch this movie, you are basically giving up two hours and twenty-something minutes of your life that you can't get back. The entertainment-value-to-time ratio just doesn't cut it.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Worst Matrix Movie Ever

Post by Winston »

Matt said it was ok. I thought it was ok too. But I see your point. It was better than the new Star Wars movies at least. It wasn't designed to ruin the franchise.

Check out Matt's deep thoughts about it here:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MrMan wrote:
March 19th, 2022, 11:46 am
Some people criticize the third Matrix movie for not being as good as the other two. But I think it was still okay, entertainment-wise.

This fourth one is just boring. I was trying to hold my eyes open. I don't care for overdone action for the sake of action. If action scenes look really cool, that's find, but these weren't that cool. I saw it at home, so I didn't get the full cinema experience, but I am glad I did not shell out the money.

The Matrix and the movies that followed were action movies, but they were more than that. The plot was interesting and stimulated thought. The first movie had a bit of a surprise that viewers could figure out if the plot hadn't been spoiled. And the action scenes of the first three films were actually very entertaining.

Now, there is this third film. I thought Keanu Reeve's acting as a kind of middle aged depressed guy was actually better than his normal surfer dude persona which he kind of had to act around for the Matrix movies. I thought the acting was okay. But the plot was lame. The fight scenes weren't as good as the original. The plot would have been really confusing for those who hadn't seen the first films.

Something very annoying about the film was that it kept cutting back to scenes from the old movie, like it was some piece of fan-made YouTube garbage. The Smith character was there, but they didn't really explore that. The Merovingian was there, and his monologue was annoyingly stupid and ridiculous when I heard it, I just kept thinking, "What a stupid movie. What annoying stupid dialogue." He was yammering on about the way young things are these days and stupid junk while this mass fight scene was going on.

And let's talk about the fight scenes. They weren't the worse, but they weren't cool Matrix fight scenes, either. Since the plot was lame, they could have at least given us Matrix style action. Instead, they mixed in that 'cut scenes' style, where you can't always see the whole body motion. It was choppy and hard to see and follow in a lot of places. There was a little kicking off the wall kind of stuff here and there, but this one massive scene where all kinds of characters were fighting was just lame and boring. The cut scenes weren't as bad as you might see in movies like 'Taken.' I realize when the main characters get past a certain age, like Liam Nieson then, and Keanu Reeves now, they can only do so much, but how about putting his head on some stunt man's body using CGI?

The movie kind of undid what Neo had done in the third film. It unresolved resolved issues.

If you watch this movie, you are basically giving up two hours and twenty-something minutes of your life that you can't get back. The entertainment-value-to-time ratio just doesn't cut it.
Can't agree more. I have been trying to watch it with my wife since last night. We saw about 25 minutes last night and I personally couldn't understand much, also considering I only watched the first 2 movies of the franchise. Then today we tried to watch a bit more, while having lunch, and what we saw was so boring we decided to stop and take a nap.

Out of respect for the original movie, I will willingly refrain from watching the rest of it, especially after you confirmed me that the part we haven't seen is probably just as boring and inconsequential as the part we've seen so far.

Good comparison, there, with Liam Neeson, because both actors are aging particularly well and they can still be credible in their macho action roles. But while John Wick has done the magic, this Resurrections is really something that should have been kept 5 foot under :)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The worst movie I ever remember seeing with an A-list actor was "Mother!". That movie was so stupid and awful that I watched it to the end to let it redeem itself. I think, on some level, I could not accept that a movie couldn't be that bad, and being 'in denial' kept me watching it. I should have cut my losses and saved myself an hour or hour and 45 minutes of my time. It had Jennifer Lawrence and Michelle Pfeifer in it, too.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
March 19th, 2022, 9:00 pm
Matt said it was ok. I thought it was ok too. But I see your point. It was better than the new Star Wars movies at least. It wasn't designed to ruin the franchise.
I don't agree. I saw The Force Awakens. The woke aspect of it was annoying, but there has been just a bit of 'girl power' in movies since at least the original Star Wars. I don't care much about protecting the Star Wars legacy. The plot could have been better, but the visuals were still there. It was entertaining on some level. I found the fight scenes in the Matrix nearly as zone-out-inducing as a local truck commercial set to music. There were a couple of interesting little scenes. And at least you could follow what was going on in the Star Wars movies.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But MrMan, you are not supposed to watch Matrix for its action scenes. You are supposed to pay attention and look for its TRUTH DROPS, remember? The matrix series is probably the biggest truth drop movie franchise in Hollywood history, next to Dark City. Check out what Tom Montalk said about it.

https://montalk.net/about/143/e-mail-qa

» Do you think that the Matrix series was created and released with divine intervention? What are you thoughts on the movie?

The Wachowski duo may have been front-men for a script that was either written, or at least outlined, by some secret society they somehow got involved with. Their biographies are very short and seem fabricated. Why are there no neighbors, classmates, or relatives giving interviews on their memories of these guys?

The reason this movie was released, I think, is because both sides light and dark get something out of it. The dark gets a good programming tool for teaching an us vs. them mentality, that people in the matrix are expendable, that you are elite, that violence is cool. The light gets a good metaphorical tool for exposing the hidden slavery behind what we perceive as reality, and the transcendence needed to break out of it.

There is a lot of truth in there, spiritual, historical, hyper-dimensional. For instance, when it mentioned that the Matrix was reset five or six times already, that is true to reality with mankind having been wiped out five or six times already, or perhaps the timeloop being reset that many times and we’re now on the sixth or seventh iteration of that loop. One of those two possibilities. The doorway being open for 314 seconds, well 3.14 is Pi which represents a circle, and seconds represents time, thus timeloop. Outside in the hallway of the Oracle’s apartment there is Pi graffiti’ed on the wall with a red circle and slash through it, probably indicating no circle, or breaking the loop.

Also the idea of machines burrowing ever deeper toward Zion until they break through and all hell breaks loose. That may symbolize negative forces getting ever closer to being able to manifest physically and starting up an overt war, where so far they’ve had to be very delicate operating from behind the dimensional veil.

And with Agent Smith multiplying and taking everyone over, that seems to be happening a lot with people succumbing to spiritual death and being like puppets for a shadowy intelligence working through them when needed.

And in the end, everything becoming apocalypse but then getting rewound deus ex tempus and everything fixed so that there’s a happy ending, a common theme you’ll see in other movies like Dark City, Ice Pirates, Galaxy Quest, one of the Harry Potter films, which relates to how all this is going to turn out in the world… how things can get really really bad, or maybe already has, and whoever wins in the end will not only win it for the future but also be able to alter the past accordingly. So whatever we go through now may get rewritten for the better if we win, or maybe we are living now the past of that victory… just a guess. That’s all hyper-dimensional stuff.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan,
Here is an interesting decoding of the Matrix movies, so you can see that it's not there for entertainment, but to reveal some important secrets to us all.

Mark Passio, an occult expert and former higher priest in the Church of Satan, decodes the Matrix Trilogy movies in this incredible 2 hour presentation. He explains what the names, motifs, events and colors in the movie really mean from an occult standpoint as it pertains to the manipulation of our consciousness. It's very mind blowing and worth watching.

He also decodes the Matrix Trilogy during this interview on Down the Rabbit Hole Radio.

To visit Mark Passio's website:
http://www.whatonearthishappening.com