Part Asian (or Filipino) Celebrities

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Part Asian (or Filipino) Celebrities

Post by MrMan »

In the Philippines, some of the celebrities are mixed, part Philippine and part some other nationality. There are some of these types of celebrities in Indonesia, also.

Can you think of any half Asians who are celebrities in the US?

I can think of any people who are celebrities in the US who are part Asian?

I can think of a movie star (female), a TV star (female), and three singers. Rob Schneider, from 'The Hot Chick', 'The Animal' '50 First Dates'. All the ones I'm thinking of are part Filipino except the female actress I am thinking of.

List some names.
Last edited by MrMan on April 21st, 2022, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Part Asian (or Filipino) Celebrities

Post by MrMan »

No takers?

I'm thinking on of the black eye'd peas, one of the pussycat dolls, Bruno Mars, Rob Schneider... all part Filipino, and for another Asian, the woman who played Lana Lang in Smallville.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Part Asian (or Filipino) Celebrities

Post by publicduende »

There are quite a few all around the world, too many to even remember.

I will just make a few names that will probably surprise you.

Chad McQueen, Steve McQueen's son, is more of a race-car driver nowadays but has a short-lived acting career. He is still remembered as psyched-up bully Dutch in Karate Kid. His mom is a certain Neile Adams, a Manila-born actress who moved to the US in her teenage years and had some Hollywood success. Judging from her appearance, there isn't much Filipino DNA in her (Wikipedia reports her as being of Spanish and German descent) but, technically, she is a Filipina.

Tim Tebow, the American football superstar famous for his Christian moral backbone and philantropic activities, was actually born in Manila, in Makati. His parents were both missionaries working in the Philippines and the Philippines never really left his heart. Among the many charities he established, there's an orthopedic hospital called Tebow CURE built in Davao City.