Aaron Clarey's Book Says to Be Happy Alone NOT Happy Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Aaron Clarey's Book Says to Be Happy Alone NOT Happy Abroad

Post by jamesbond »

Aaron Clarey did say in one of his videos that going overseas might be a good idea for men, just don't get scammed into marrying a woman. He also said if you do marry a foreign woman stay living with her in her country don't bring her back to the USA.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

Aren't atomized men a good way for corporations to make money from vices?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mew6ix wrote:
August 7th, 2022, 6:16 pm

Your exactly right, studies have shown that people who are isolated and lonely are more likely to buy things (even if they don't need them). So I can see why corporate America loves the idea of there being more and more single people living alone and lonely.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

jamesbond wrote:
August 7th, 2022, 8:43 pm
Mew6ix wrote:
August 7th, 2022, 6:16 pm

Your exactly right, studies have shown that people who are isolated and lonely are more likely to buy things (even if they don't need them). So I can see why corporate America loves the idea of there being more and more single people living alone and lonely.
Alcohol, cigarettes and fast food add up. I want to leave Toronto. GET ME OUT OF HERE!
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

rudder wrote:
July 17th, 2022, 11:14 am
josephty2 wrote:
May 22nd, 2022, 8:25 pm
kangarunner wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 8:01 pm
Aaron Clarey's new book, .... Order something from “The Menu.”
Eh, its his opinion.
The entire argument seems flawed. Men are wired to want women. What is the alternative? This is the old stoic buddhist notion of desire leading to suffering. So we should all live like monks in a monastery? I don't think most men can be happy without women. I know I would feel terribly lonely without a woman in my life. Not to mention they can help out with all the boring chores I don't care to do that take time away from higher pursuits: cooking, laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc. Think about it. How would you get anything important done if you constantly have to stop to clean things, cook food, do dishes. Or maybe you eat from restaurants. Then you're just robbing your wallet and health.

So what's his solution? Monks in a monastery? Paid concubine domestic servants? Asian massage parlors?
You're not thinking. Aaron Clarey is pretty much the real-life version of Drake Parker from Drake and Josh, but smarter.

Aaron Clarey basically takes frustrated men like you and likes to debate with them while you never figure out whats the problem as you waste time on ridiculous questions.

I studied calculus and all I'm seeing is that you're solving the new hundreds of new related rates problems that get created out of thin air where you use statements like men and women like solving for dx/dt and dy/dt. Forget this analogy, I'm basically saying you're wasting your time with this kind of question.

Aaron Clarey knows his audience quite well. I'm one of them.

If I went abroad years ago and lived there (as opposed to taking a vacation), my guess is some random street thug would've picked a fight with me and steal my stuff including passport, cards, identification, etc. However, I don't actually know how to go abroad. The only way that could happen is if someone helped me years ago with the process.

Now, my guess if you went abroad, you're probably not rich, you're not the right kind of person to go abroad. You're too naive, and have an intuition block if you go abroad, unlike Winston. I don't know how rich you are, or if you have the option to spend a few hours, book a flight, and move there within a few weeks. I was assuming you had that ability. You're a typical engineer type of person (idk your actual career/profession but basically you can get along with college professors though I can't say about getting along with college graduated college students), but if you're in this forum, my guess is that you're a little more open minded and have a little bit (or a lot) more free time than most people in your neighborhood.

Winston does well abroad my guess is probably because he gets along with drug hippies AND does well in chess, though its probably a little bit more than that. If you're absolutely decided on going abroad, 100% certain, with no doubt about it, someone like you, probably should find a mentor who has the experience with being abroad, in-person, not online, that you get along with.

Basically Aaron Clarey figured his audience doesn't understand BOTH chess AND getting along with drug hippies.

Yes I'm aware of the narrative thats been set.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.