Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ashkeef
Freshman Poster

Re: Behavior of Americans

Post by Ashkeef »

“ Why, the isolation that prevails everywhere, above all in our age—it has not fully developed, it has not reached its limit yet. For every one strives to keep his individuality as apart as possible, wishes to secure the greatest possible fullness of life for himself; but meantime all his efforts result not in attaining fullness of life but self-destruction, for instead of self-realization he ends by arriving at complete solitude. All mankind in our age have split up into units, they all keep apart, each in his own groove; each one holds aloof, hides himself and hides what he has, from the rest, and he ends by being repelled by others and repelling them. He heaps up riches by himself and thinks, ‘How strong I am now and how secure,’ and in his madness he does not understand that the more he heaps up, the more he sinks into self-destructive impotence. For he is accustomed to rely upon himself alone and to cut himself off from the whole; he has trained himself not to believe in the help of others, in men and in humanity, and only trembles for fear he should lose his money and the privileges that he has won for himself. Everywhere in these days men have, in their mockery, ceased to understand that the true security is to be found in social solidarity rather than in isolated individual effort. But this terrible individualism must inevitably have an end, and all will suddenly understand how unnaturally they are separated from one another. It will be the spirit of the time, and people will marvel that they have sat so long in darkness without seeing the light.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Tags: prediction, visionary “
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Mercer wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 2:29 pm
Why is the behavior of your average American so horrible? It doesn't even matter the race. White, black, Asian, Hispanic, etc. Once someone becomes Americanized they basically behave like shit. Your average American of any nationality is very rude, narcissistic and just plain mean. Most are basically bullies. It's very stressful interacting with most people in the U.S. Not everyone acts this way of course but the majority do.
I haven't met a whole lot of people recently in the U.S. lately. I do know that back in the day people were anti-social, would talk to you for a little while then disappear and never to be heard from again. The U.S. is just a bitter, angry ass country in general. It got ten times worse once Leftlist took over. When they act up they burn down businesses, make threats, and physically/verbally attack people that are incapable of self defense.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Mercer wrote:
Why is the behavior of your average American so horrible? It doesn't even matter the race. White, black, Asian, Hispanic, etc. Once someone becomes Americanized they basically behave like shit. Your average American of any nationality is very rude, narcissistic and just plain mean. Most are basically bullies. It's very stressful interacting with most people in the U.S. Not everyone acts this way of course but the majority do.
I think the feeling like you're in a never-ending rat race and the stress level can cause people to be selfish, greedy, and rude. Also, the US has a social cohesion rating of 0 out of 10. Also people don't come together naturally and in a socially harmonious way. This is completely opposite to Vietnam where you there is a peaceful, harmonious feeling to the towns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Mercer wrote:
Let's be honest. I don't think there is a thoughtful answer to this that requires a complicated explanation. I think it's very simple. The culture in the US is just work. Work, work, and more work. Most people are just angrily rushing to one thing to the next. This creates a f***ed up social environment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

kangarunner wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 10:41 pm
Mercer wrote:
I think the feeling like you're in a never-ending rat race and the stress level can cause people to be selfish, greedy, and rude. Also, the US has a social cohesion rating of 0 out of 10. Also people don't come together naturally and in a socially harmonious way. This is completely opposite to Vietnam where you there is a peaceful, harmonious feeling to the towns.

I agree, living in the US feels like a never ending rat race. It's a stressful country to live in and a very anti social country as well. There is no social cohesion and everyone is out for themselves. The loneliness epidemic is off the charts and so is the obesity epidemic. No wonder why so many people are leaving America and moving to more normal countries.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

kangarunner wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 3:30 pm
Mercer wrote:
Let's be honest. I don't think there is a thoughtful answer to this that requires a complicated explanation. I think it's very simple. The culture in the US is just work. Work, work, and more work. Most people are just angrily rushing to one thing to the next. This creates a f***ed up social environment.
It is funny you say that. Whenever I ask my father what he is up to he always responds: work work work really fast in a sarcastic tone lol
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

Mercer wrote:
June 19th, 2022, 12:00 pm
kangarunner wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 3:30 pm
Mercer wrote:
I don't believe that it's just because of people working too much, though. You have Section 8 neighborhoods of the U.S. and public housing where the people haven't worked a day in their life, hang out all day long and watch Netflix and those are some of the most hostile people imaginable.
It is rather funny....you have a lot of people working and paying taxes and a massive underclass that gets tons of free stuff that allows them to live better than the people who actually work. Isn't America grand?

Lol...you actually have people trying to climb the ladder to nowhere while bums and single moms live better than them. Truly an amazing system was set up to breed the most irresponsible people at a higher clip than actual productive people.

Return to “General Discussions”