Elon Musk wants to change Twitter, How would you Change it?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Elon Musk wants to change Twitter, How would you Change it?

Post by kangarunner »

https://youtu.be/UtmItBYn3E8?t=113

I watched this recently with Jordan Peterson's commentary about Twitter. At one point he called Twitter a "snake pit" and that it enables "poisonous" people. I agree with him 100%. When asked what he would change about Twitter, he called out the anonymous cowards and said there should be a separate comment section for people who verify themselves so that whatever they Tweet will go with their real identity and reputation. And then a separate comment section for people who want to stay anonymous. I think that at least gives people the option.

I wanted to make this topic for everyone to list how they would change Twitter if they were in charge...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Elon Musk wants to change Twitter, How would you Change it?

Post by Cornfed »

Yeah, the bad guys want people to reveal themselves so they can be targeted. Peterson is one of the bad guys.

To change Twitter, just change it back to the way it was 10 years ago. Also, get rid of all the leftists, which Elon seems to be doing.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Cornfed wrote:
November 18th, 2022, 5:22 pm
Yeah, the bad guys want people to reveal themselves so they can be targeted.
That's a good point that I never considered. Especially if we ever get to a Big Brother / Fahrenheit 451 government, then the Real ID social identity will be used against us.

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Eliminating the anonymity of the internet is a horrible idea. Peterson can call it cowardice all he wants, but there are real consequences to believing/thinking the wrong way. Internet anonymity has allowed us to speak freely because there aren't real consequences to the things we say. So we can play around with ideas, jokes, and arguments.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I can't find the link, but as predicted whatever changes Musk should have made to Twitter censorship will not happen. It is incredible that anyone would spend $44B just to get down on all fours and lick leftist boot. Musk is a terrible businessman and human being.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Cornfed wrote:
November 19th, 2022, 3:07 am
I can't find the link, but as predicted whatever changes Musk should have made to Twitter censorship will not happen. It is incredible that anyone would spend $44B just to get down on all fours and lick leftist boot. Musk is a terrible businessman and human being.
Agreed.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Twitter is a good place if you want to visit hell.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Elon really outdid himself in lameness by tweeting that Alex Jones would remain banned calling because Alex out the Sandy Hoax event made him feel sad about the death of his child for some reason. Could anything be more lame that that? It is probably a complete lie, but it just shows what an absolute shitty person Musk is.