I Think Most of the South in America Is More Conservative Then Latin America Is

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

I Think Most of the South in America Is More Conservative Then Latin America Is

Post by Outcast9428 »

Like a lot of people here, I used to think America was really liberal, that America was too far gone and that all traces of actual conservatism have vanished from this country... But the past two years have really changed my opinion on America, a big part of it is because of recent legal victories, but some of it is also personal experience. I've had a lot of experiences here that, four years ago, I did not believe was possible to experience in America... Mainly because, four years ago, I was still stuck at my super-liberal college campus. But I see a lot of people here saying they want to go to Latin America to find a more conservative/traditional wife. Personally, however, after coming back to my hometown in the Southern US, I don't think there's much point in travelling to Latin America to find a more conservative wife because I actually think the girls here are a bit more conservative then they are.

From a legal standpoint, both the US South and Latin America have criminalized abortion. Unlike Latin America, however, a lot of Southern states actually criminalize adultery too. In some states you can even sue the paramour. I think that's pretty significant personally. From a legal standpoint, you are better protected in the American South then you are in Latin America because if you prove adultery happened, then your wife does not get alimony payments and you are much more likely to get custody of the kids. You may even be able to punish the guy who f***ed your wife in some states.

From a cultural standpoint, I also think the girls here are more conservative. From a statistical perspective, Latin American countries have an extremely high level of single motherhood. In Mexico, for example, 65% of births now happen out of wedlock. The marriage rate in countries like Argentina, Mexico, and Brazil is also really bad nowadays. Their marriage rates are on par with Western European countries. People aren't even marrying at a remotely reasonable age either. In both Mexico and Brazil, the average age for men and women to get married, respectively is 33 and 30, for Chile it is 35 and 32, for Argentina it is 34 and 33. Now there are some countries in Latin America that are more traditional, but the countries I mentioned by far encompass the vast majority of Latin America's total population. This is compared to an average age of marriage at 28 and 26 in North and South Carolina as well as Virginia, with 27 and 25 in Tennessee, West Virginia, and Texas. The average age of marriage in these states is a lot younger then the national average which is 30 for men and 28 for women.

From an anecdotal perspective, I can say that growing up here... Teenagers having casual sex was almost unheard of. Virtually everybody who was having sex was in an exclusive relationship. Living a lifestyle as a teenager that you see in movies like Superbad, Project X, or American Pie is impossible in the American South. Parents do not leave their house on "business trips" or stuff like that for long enough that teenagers are able to throw house parties. Even as an adult, there are basically no nightclubs around here. The bars around here are mostly middle aged adult men drinking beer. Even if I was interested in casual sex, I wouldn't know where to find it here. There are no nightclubs or singles bars that one could go to in order to look for a hookup. When people hookup here, I'm pretty sure its all spur of the moment type stuff. There are no establishments that you can really go to in search of a hookup. Now, this isn't necessarily the case everywhere in the South. New Orleans or Atlanta, you definitely could. Some of the beach towns have singles bars and nightclubs too. Texas might have more hookup establishments as well. But overall, you'd be very surprised at how hard it is to even find a place where picking up women is normal here. Hookup culture does exist in the Southern states, but unless you go to New Orleans or Atlanta, its a weak hookup culture.

I get the impression, however, that hookup culture is really big in Latin American countries. Brazil in particular has a huge hookup culture. They're considered to be one of the most promiscuous countries on Earth. Colombia and Mexico also have pretty big hookup cultures.

One might argue that the US South sounds like its basically full of mainstream conservatives but that its very difficult to find actual traditionalism here. Even that isn't really the case. Most conservatives here are obviously mainstream conservatives, but done some things here that are much more "hard right" type things. My girlfriend for example, I met her because our parents set us up together. She literally lives next door to me. She's also a teenage girl whereas I am 25 years old. She pretty much acts like a teenage girl from the 1950s would. She's extremely romantic and really just wants to be in love and be with me all the time. Doesn't really have any career ambitions. My mother and sister are also stay at home moms. And I have a couple cousins who got married in their early to mid 20s, their wives are also stay at home moms. Some of the churches around here do not allow women preachers.

Perhaps the best thing about the US South vs Latin America though, is that, at least in my area. The whole alpha male, beta male stuff is not really much of a thing unless you hang out with the trashy crowd. You do not need to be a bad boy to get a girlfriend here if you go for the church girls. In Latin America, on the other hand, I strongly get the impression that you are expected to be aggressive and pushy with women.
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: I Think Most of the South in America Is More Conservative Then Latin America Is

Post by galii »

Outcast9428 wrote:
February 18th, 2023, 1:32 am
Like a lot of people here, I used to think America was really liberal, that America was too far gone and that all traces of actual conservatism have vanished from this country... But the past two years have really changed my opinion on America, a big part of it is because of recent legal victories, but some of it is also personal experience. I've had a lot of experiences here that, four years ago, I did not believe was possible to experience in America... Mainly because, four years ago, I was still stuck at my super-liberal college campus. But I see a lot of people here saying they want to go to Latin America to find a more conservative/traditional wife. Personally, however, after coming back to my hometown in the Southern US, I don't think there's much point in travelling to Latin America to find a more conservative wife because I actually think the girls here are a bit more conservative then they are.

From a legal standpoint, both the US South and Latin America have criminalized abortion. Unlike Latin America, however, a lot of Southern states actually criminalize adultery too. In some states you can even sue the paramour. I think that's pretty significant personally. From a legal standpoint, you are better protected in the American South then you are in Latin America because if you prove adultery happened, then your wife does not get alimony payments and you are much more likely to get custody of the kids. You may even be able to punish the guy who f***ed your wife in some states.

From a cultural standpoint, I also think the girls here are more conservative. From a statistical perspective, Latin American countries have an extremely high level of single motherhood. In Mexico, for example, 65% of births now happen out of wedlock. The marriage rate in countries like Argentina, Mexico, and Brazil is also really bad nowadays. Their marriage rates are on par with Western European countries. People aren't even marrying at a remotely reasonable age either. In both Mexico and Brazil, the average age for men and women to get married, respectively is 33 and 30, for Chile it is 35 and 32, for Argentina it is 34 and 33. Now there are some countries in Latin America that are more traditional, but the countries I mentioned by far encompass the vast majority of Latin America's total population. This is compared to an average age of marriage at 28 and 26 in North and South Carolina as well as Virginia, with 27 and 25 in Tennessee, West Virginia, and Texas. The average age of marriage in these states is a lot younger then the national average which is 30 for men and 28 for women.

From an anecdotal perspective, I can say that growing up here... Teenagers having casual sex was almost unheard of. Virtually everybody who was having sex was in an exclusive relationship. Living a lifestyle as a teenager that you see in movies like Superbad, Project X, or American Pie is impossible in the American South. Parents do not leave their house on "business trips" or stuff like that for long enough that teenagers are able to throw house parties. Even as an adult, there are basically no nightclubs around here. The bars around here are mostly middle aged adult men drinking beer. Even if I was interested in casual sex, I wouldn't know where to find it here. There are no nightclubs or singles bars that one could go to in order to look for a hookup. When people hookup here, I'm pretty sure its all spur of the moment type stuff. There are no establishments that you can really go to in search of a hookup. Now, this isn't necessarily the case everywhere in the South. New Orleans or Atlanta, you definitely could. Some of the beach towns have singles bars and nightclubs too. Texas might have more hookup establishments as well. But overall, you'd be very surprised at how hard it is to even find a place where picking up women is normal here. Hookup culture does exist in the Southern states, but unless you go to New Orleans or Atlanta, its a weak hookup culture.

I get the impression, however, that hookup culture is really big in Latin American countries. Brazil in particular has a huge hookup culture. They're considered to be one of the most promiscuous countries on Earth. Colombia and Mexico also have pretty big hookup cultures.

One might argue that the US South sounds like its basically full of mainstream conservatives but that its very difficult to find actual traditionalism here. Even that isn't really the case. Most conservatives here are obviously mainstream conservatives, but done some things here that are much more "hard right" type things. My girlfriend for example, I met her because our parents set us up together. She literally lives next door to me. She's also a teenage girl whereas I am 25 years old. She pretty much acts like a teenage girl from the 1950s would. She's extremely romantic and really just wants to be in love and be with me all the time. Doesn't really have any career ambitions. My mother and sister are also stay at home moms. And I have a couple cousins who got married in their early to mid 20s, their wives are also stay at home moms. Some of the churches around here do not allow women preachers.

Perhaps the best thing about the US South vs Latin America though, is that, at least in my area. The whole alpha male, beta male stuff is not really much of a thing unless you hang out with the trashy crowd. You do not need to be a bad boy to get a girlfriend here if you go for the church girls. In Latin America, on the other hand, I strongly get the impression that you are expected to be aggressive and pushy with women.
Yes. Seems like many guys like to complain about the modern life but do not want to have the conservative life either.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Re: I Think Most of the South in America Is More Conservative Then Latin America Is

Post by Kalinago »

Blacks are naturally promiscuous and Brazil is a black country.

all these 'promiscuous'women are usually from black areas,or triracial mulatto creole coastal cultures.yeah,they're very libertine and many have engaged in p4p in the past or do so.

tinder Hookup atleast in medellin,colombia is nonexistant because the woman will easily get catfished and drugged or raped by scopalamine,or kidnapped etc God you are making shit up.

and 'babies'out of wedlock are because of the men leaving women they gave false promises to.

only 8 out of 1000 men in USA get married .

anyone can use stats to skew anything in their favor.

Mexican women from the north (white mexican women)and also Mestizos from chiapas,oaxaca etc are much more conservative than any white woman in america,anywhere.

theres also the laws in america compared to mexico that make marriage unviable.