How does anyone else feel about job ads that..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

How does anyone else feel about job ads that..

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Job ads that put "fast paced" in the description is f***ing annoying as hell, why do every single job ad in the U.S. like to put this shit there? I mean how do any of you feel when you come across a job ad with the word "fast paced, must be able to work at a fast pace" Do they honestly think that shit sounds like fun? Because it's like the most irritating thing ever and I can't figure out why do every job include this on their ad. Working at a fast paced sounds more like being rushed every day just to do a damn job. Shit isn't even remotely pleasant and I ignore almost 80 percent of every job ad because so many of them include that in their description.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: How does anyone else feel about job ads that..

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
February 25th, 2023, 5:56 am
Job ads that put "fast paced" in the description is f***ing annoying as hell, why do every single job ad in the U.S. like to put this shit there? I mean how do any of you feel when you come across a job ad with the word "fast paced, must be able to work at a fast pace" Do they honestly think that shit sounds like fun? Because it's like the most irritating thing ever and I can't figure out why do every job include this on their ad. Working at a fast paced sounds more like being rushed every day just to do a damn job. Shit isn't even remotely pleasant and I ignore almost 80 percent of every job ad because so many of them include that in their description.
What they mean when they say "fast paced environment" is that they want their employees running around like dickheads. Most likely for minimum wage. They don't care about the extra stress and pressure this kind of crap puts on people who might not necessarily want to be there in the first place. Then if you are too tired or stressed to function properly in these "fast paced" workplaces they drag you in the office for "not performing" :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How does anyone else feel about job ads that..

Post by MrMan »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
February 25th, 2023, 5:56 am
That's fine, but they should pay people more for working in a fast-paced environment.