The theme of the HA forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

The theme of the HA forum

Post by Lucas88 »

I've been giving some thought to this matter. I've come to the conclusion that HA simply consists of an amalgamation of @Winston's own personal interests with the outward face of a travel website.

Let's be clear. HA isn't a regular travel website. I think that it is best described as a cross between a travel website and truther community, where expatriation and sex tourism overlap in an almost seamless manner with an assortment of conspiracy theories, metaphysical speculations and the paranormal. The above combination is the core of the forum's culture as Winston envisioned it.

Winston could have envisioned his forum in different forms and obtained different results.

HA could have been conceived as strictly a travel forum with an exclusive focus on the practical aspects of expatriation and foreign living. This possible version of HA would attract a much more "normie" audience, mostly regular people with families looking into beginning a new life outside of America or their respective home country and under the sun of some exotic location. It would probably have more active users than it currently does.

Or HA could have been purely a sexpat website without conspiracy theories or truther content and solely focused on pursuing little hotties in Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe and P4P. If this were the case, HA's prime audience would be various types of mongers and alpha dudebro types bragging about their sexual conquests and hedonistic debauchery in faraway lands. Likewise, it would probably have a lot more traffic.

But Winston didn't envision HA as those things. He envisioned it more along the lines of a renegade website disseminating "taboo truths" about the evil matrix system of America and advocating for misfit men to flee from the corporate plantation for a better and more sexually fulfilled life outside of the Anglosphere or "the West", together with information exposing the nefarious New World Order and a space to discuss all kinds of non-mainstream topics, all in the spirit of free speech.

This is the reason why HA attracts the type of characters that it does - misfits who vehemently hate America and want to witness its destruction, angry and sex-obsessed incels who seek abundant opportunities for pvssy in SEA and elsewhere, conspiracy theorists who wish to escape the US epicenter of the evil NWO empire in search of better pastures, and a motley bunch of political and religious extremists who are happy to have stumbled across a rare oasis of free speech in an age of increasing censorship. Like it or not, the above is a logical result of the forum's core culture.

I personally love HA and consider it right down my alley. I'm a fervent Hispanophile with substantial experience living abroad, love foreign women, hate Anglo culture, am an anti-NWO conspiracy theorist, and have a keen interest in metaphysics, paranormal phenomena and occultism. I therefore feel right at home here, even though I'm not particularly negative, bitter or hateful like some people here are.

HA is a fun website and forum with a diverse cast of colorful and eccentric characters and even a few pretty damn funny trolls. :lol: Thank you Winston for your unique creation! Long live HA! :D
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: The theme of the HA forum

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Lucas88

Happier abroad used to be about traveling to other countries but now it's filled with weird conspiracy theories, trolling, weird characters, and Winston's lengthy questions that he asked over and over again in different ways.

Unfortunately for you, lot of veterans and good members have left because life circumstances and amount of BS from the trolls and others. There are some old guards left such as Cornfed, Yohan, Publicduende, Marco Z, etc.

I still like it here. Very last place of free speech on the internet forums.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
April 9th, 2023, 8:23 am
Happier abroad used to be about traveling to other countries but now it's filled with weird conspiracy theories, trolling, weird characters, and Winston's lengthy questions that he asked over and over again in different ways.

Unfortunately for you, lot of veterans and good members have left because life circumstances and amount of BS from the trolls and others. There are some old guards left such as Cornfed, Yohan, Publicduende, Marco Z, etc.

But HA has always had that truther and conspiracy theorist aspect, has it not? I was a lurker on this forum for a long time before I made an account last year and, as far as I can remember, Winston was always into conspiracy theories and alternative information. I mean, there are even "conspiracy" and "paranormal" subforums!

The forum's culture flows down from its creator. Winston always framed HA as a sort of renegade movement disseminating "taboo truths" about America. That's why it was bound to attract a significant truther and conspiracy theorist contingent.

The quality of the forum might have gone down with all kinds of trolls running amok but that's down to Winston's lenient policy concerning trolls.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 9th, 2023, 8:36 am
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
April 9th, 2023, 8:23 am

But HA has always had that truther and conspiracy theorist aspect, has it not? I was a lurker on this forum for a long time before I made an account last year and, as far as I can remember, Winston was always into conspiracy theories and alternative information. I mean, there are even "conspiracy" and "paranormal" subforums!

The forum's culture flows down from its creator. Winston always framed HA as a sort of renegade movement disseminating "taboo truths" about America. That's why it was bound to attract a significant truther and conspiracy theorist contingent.

The quality of the forum might have gone down with all kinds of trolls running amok but that's down to Winston's lenient policy concerning trolls.
I been lurking for a long time too and I am just giving you my perspective. There were lot of conspiracy stuff, but there were some quality posters back then. Now most of the quality people are gone unfortunately.
We still got the conspiracy stuff now, but this place kind of lost it's momentum compared to yester years.

Winston's initial messages are strong and still holds true today but it's a shame all the weirdo trolling and conspiracy stuff tends to get repetitive
and they don't support the "happier abroad" idea and support the original purpose of the happier abroad movement. :?

Still I am cool with the site.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!