What are Flat Earthers?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: What are Flat Earthers?

Post by galii »

I think I am wrong and Marcus Zeitola is right.

Here google AI:

It is possible that some flat Earthers do not have the mental capacity to understand the scientific evidence that supports the shape of the Earth. However, I think this is less likely than the possibility that they are motivated by a desire for a narcissistic kick.

Here are some reasons why I think this:

The scientific evidence that supports the shape of the Earth is not particularly complex. It is based on simple observations and experiments that can be understood by people of all levels of education.
There are many flat Earthers who are intelligent and well-educated. They are able to understand complex concepts and to reason critically.
Some flat Earthers are even able to explain their beliefs in a way that is superficially convincing. This suggests that they are not intellectually incapable of understanding the scientific evidence.
Overall, I think that it is more likely that flat Earthers are motivated by a desire for a narcissistic kick than by a lack of mental capacity. However, it is possible that some flat Earthers do not have the mental capacity to understand the scientific evidence, even though this is less likely.

It is also important to note that there is a difference between having the mental capacity to understand something and being willing to do so. Some people may have the ability to understand the scientific evidence, but they may choose to ignore it because they are motivated by other factors, such as a desire to feel superior or to be different.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

galii wrote:
October 29th, 2023, 11:44 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tek8-LtMgss
Joe Rogan - Eddie Bravo Goes DEEP on Flat Earth

You can see Eddie has a very simple brain. He does not believe in nuclear bombs too. That is something he could research but he chose not too. It takes lots of time and it is not as fun as stupid conspiracy theories. You can see that with Winston. He wants to be entertained he does not want to put in the work to understand things.
I've met Eddie Bravo in real life. I attended one of his Jiujitsu seminars in the mid 2000s.

Eddie has an unusually brilliant mind for Jiujitsu. He was able to innovate so many unique techniques and then organize them into a coherent and highly efficient no-gi grappling system – what today we know as 10th Planet Jiujitsu.

Judging from his ability to innovate dozens of unorthodox grappling positions, transitions and submissions that nobody has ever thought of before and systematize them, Eddie almost certainly has a high level of intelligence and an unusual capacity for creativity, even if he tends to come across as a crazy stoner dude on the internet.

To @MarcosZeitola's point, some extremely brilliant people may hold outlandish beliefs. In fact, there is research to suggest that highly intelligent people are just as susceptible to holding outlandish beliefs – beliefs that most others consider absurd – as unintelligent people are precisely because highly intelligent people are so good at rationalizing outlandish beliefs and convincing themselves of their veracity.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Lucas88 wrote:
October 31st, 2023, 2:09 pm
galii wrote:
October 29th, 2023, 11:44 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tek8-LtMgss
Joe Rogan - Eddie Bravo Goes DEEP on Flat Earth

You can see Eddie has a very simple brain. He does not believe in nuclear bombs too. That is something he could research but he chose not too. It takes lots of time and it is not as fun as stupid conspiracy theories. You can see that with Winston. He wants to be entertained he does not want to put in the work to understand things.
I've met Eddie Bravo in real life. I attended one of his Jiujitsu seminars in the mid 2000s.

Eddie has an unusually brilliant mind for Jiujitsu. He was able to innovate so many unique techniques and then organize them into a coherent and highly efficient no-gi grappling system – what today we know as 10th Planet Jiujitsu.

Judging from his ability to innovate dozens of unorthodox grappling positions, transitions and submissions that nobody has ever thought of before and systematize them, Eddie almost certainly has a high level of intelligence and an unusual capacity for creativity, even if he tends to come across as a crazy stoner dude on the internet.

To @MarcosZeitola's point, some extremely brilliant people may hold outlandish beliefs. In fact, there is research to suggest that highly intelligent people are just as susceptible to holding outlandish beliefs – beliefs that most others consider absurd – as unintelligent people are precisely because highly intelligent people are so good at rationalizing outlandish beliefs and convincing themselves of their veracity.
I think he has decent IQ but he has a peasant mindset like Winston. Some Farmers can be very competent with machines at their farm and many other things but many times they don't know much about abstract stuff. Without knowledge it is hard to understand stuff even if you have decent IQ.

I am shure if he would put in the work he would understand stuff but he refuses to do so like Winston because I think trolling for attention is their prime motivation.

Though compared to Jon Danaher Eddie is a mental midget so am I btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyeTITEq_Gs
Georges St-Pierre and John Danaher on training with Elon Musk

In conclusion if average IQ guys are good at something most of the time they have not much time for other things so they suck at it.

High IQ guys have the chance to be good at many things for example Elon Musk or Joe Rogan.

Edit: In the video with Eddi Bravo in his flat earth video he has his friend from his 'rock star' times. The guy does not say one word. He looks mentally challenged. It looks so retarded.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston not only thinks he is smarter than all of us on here but he is smarter than everyone else and is able to argue flat earth theory and win - he might think it is utter bullshit in reality but he thinks he is so smart and intelligent that you can't defeat him on flat earth theory.

The reason why most flat earthers are American and very few if any are European or from anywhere else on the planet is because the United States has a culture of debate, arguing, putting one over on other people - it's why law and court dramas are popular over there - Americans love nothing more than putting one over on someone in an argument - I have seen it happen so many times that any of them arguing about flat earth makes sense. 'Flat Earth' is the Rubiks Cube of debating - to Winston, you not being able to convince him and him putting his batshit daft arguments across is fun to him.

Winston - and you can see in his replies to him - thinks @galii is as thick as shit :lol: and is beneath debating him about this subject, obviously I am on team global earth and think flat earth is stupid and there is no reason why anyone should promote the earth is global if it isn't but if you bet Winston a million dollars that the earth is a globe and can prove it beyond doubt to his mind where he couldn't dispute it - Winston wouldn't take the bet - he knows deep down that it's bullshit but he also thinks deep down that we are all f***ing stupid and we are not capable of debating him about it.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

yick wrote:
October 31st, 2023, 4:56 pm
Winston not only thinks he is smarter than all of us on here but he is smarter than everyone else and is able to argue flat earth theory and win - he might think it is utter bullshit in reality but he thinks he is so smart and intelligent that you can't defeat him on flat earth theory.

The reason why most flat earthers are American and very few if any are European or from anywhere else on the planet is because the United States has a culture of debate, arguing, putting one over on other people - it's why law and court dramas are popular over there - Americans love nothing more than putting one over on someone in an argument - I have seen it happen so many times that any of them arguing about flat earth makes sense. 'Flat Earth' is the Rubiks Cube of debating - to Winston, you not being able to convince him and him putting his batshit daft arguments across is fun to him.

Winston - and you can see in his replies to him - thinks @galii is as thick as shit :lol: and is beneath debating him about this subject, obviously I am on team global earth and think flat earth is stupid and there is no reason why anyone should promote the earth is global if it isn't but if you bet Winston a million dollars that the earth is a globe and can prove it beyond doubt to his mind where he couldn't dispute it - Winston wouldn't take the bet - he knows deep down that it's bullshit but he also thinks deep down that we are all f***ing stupid and we are not capable of debating him about it.
I agree. So basically what you are saying is that he is a lier. It is basically narcissism. I think that it is true for most flat earthers.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

galii wrote:
October 31st, 2023, 10:32 pm
yick wrote:

I agree. So basically what you are saying is that he is a lier. It is basically narcissism. I think that it is true for most flat earthers.
I think he is being intellectually dishonest, with a lie, there has to be a good chance of you being duped into the lie for him to be called a liar but of course very few of us are regarding 'flat earth' he might be lying to himself though - he compares himself to Nietzche sp the delusion is big on this one. :(
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

yick wrote:
November 1st, 2023, 6:17 pm
galii wrote:
October 31st, 2023, 10:32 pm
yick wrote:

I think he is being intellectually dishonest, with a lie, there has to be a good chance of you being duped into the lie for him to be called a liar but of course very few of us are regarding 'flat earth' he might be lying to himself though - he compares himself to Nietzche sp the delusion is big on this one. :(
There is not much intellectually with him. So he is basically dishonest. His peasant brain rejects reality. Like his bro Eric dubay they think that if you do not like something you just wish it away. Even if it takes longer.

These retards could not agree on a flat earth map. That should be the easiest thing. You just maesure it. When they do it they don't like what they get. So they rather lie.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

In this day and age, how is it even possible that flat earthers exist?… For 20k hundreds of regular people have taken the near space flights with Migs over Moscow and witnessed the curvature of the earth. This is the most retarded conspiracy theory there is, it’s not critical thinking, it’s just a critical lack of intelligence.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

gsjackson wrote:
October 29th, 2023, 5:27 am
So you've offered an explanation for why we wouldn't perceive the motion of a spinning ball, but that's not evidence that the earth is spinning. There is none, despite many attempts to demonstrate that there is.
What about the Coriolis Effect? This is when circulating air is deflected in curved paths due to the fact the earth is globular and also rotating. The direction of this effect is opposite in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

There's also the fact that with time exposure cameras we can see the circular trails of the stars which prove the earth is rotating. Unless you believe in the firmament and that is what is actually rotating, otherwise why does this effect happen?

Also, what about the Faucault Pendulum? This is apparently an easy way to demonstrate that the earth is rotating on its axis. An explanation for this is here if anyone needs it:

So, @gsjackson, how do you account for these phenomenon? How do these work on a flat earth?
Who said anything about a firmament? That's not a commonly accepted view among people investigating the heliocentric fallacy.
In a video I watched the author spoke about the firmament. I assumed this was a universal concept accepted among flat earthers. I understood the concept of the firmament as it was explained by the author of the video, but I don't know if I can accept it as a truth. If you're not of the belief that a firmament exists above earth then what are the external stars and planets and why do they rotate above us? For what purpose?
1. There have been 56 instances observed by even the Royal Academy of Science of eclipses occurring when the sun and moon were both observable in the sky. So not aligned in a way that creates the eclipse.
How is this possible? And what do you mean? What kind of eclipse? A solar or lunar eclipse?
2. The sun rotates around the earth, just as it appears to do. And it is not 93 million miles away, which is utterly absurd. It is much, much closer, just as it appears to be. So does that explain your differing angles?
Why does the idea of something being 93 million miles away seem so absurd to you? Why is the size of the sun so inconceivable? Flat earth just has too much guesswork and not enough scientific research to support it. How and why does the sun move from the northern and southern hemisphere to create the different seasons on a flat earth?

I'm not sure if a much smaller and closer sun would explain differing angles. But I'd have thought the supposed curvature of the Earth would also play a role in the angles of these shadows cast. Like say if the sun was directly overhead and half way between two sticks placed an equal number of miles apart then surely their shadows would be exactly the same wouldn't they?
3. The obvious limitations of human vision account for different constellations above different parts of the earth. A person walks half a mile down the road and all but disappears (and no, the earth's curvature doesn't account for this -- 8 inches per mile squared is the curvature formula put forward by the globalists). And yet the "scientists" tell us that we can see stars that are quadrillions of miles away -- because they're so very, very big. Bullshit. They're what they appear to be -- a couple hundred or so miles away. Since the southern hemisphere is thousands of miles away from the northern you will see different stars overhead.
There is a fallacy in your logic here. Take people from South America, South Africa and Australia all looking in different directions and ask them to name which constellations they can see and they will all name the same stars and constellations, the same will happen with different countries in the Northern Hemisphere as well. Yet limitation of human vision can't see South Africa from the South American coast, yet how can they all see the same stars if these stars are tiny and only a few hundred miles away?

This can only be possible on a globe earth where all the people from these various locations and facing in different directions can all see the same constellations. On the flat earth map this same situation would result in all people seeing different stars as they would all be facing different areas of the night sky instead of facing the "southern" night sky.
No need to postulate a "conspiracy theory." To get into and remain in the professions you listed you have to accept the prevailing paradigm. If you're dealing strictly with theory, rather than observable phenomenon, then both the heliocentric and geocentric paradigms work, according to both Einstein and Hawking. But to get into the "science" club, as currently constituted, you need to embrace the religion of heliocentrism.
Both the heliocentric and geocentric paradigms work in theory, but only one of them can be true. As far as scientific evidence and proof is concerned I think the heliocentric model makes the most sense. The geocentric model is just an example of humanities hubris and the desire to be at the centre of everything. I just think there are too many fallacies and inconsistencies for this theory to be the prevailing one.

Where its true that when a certain paradigm is pushed people who get into a certain profession have to accept that paradigm (like with the covid fiasco) it doesn't mean that every single profession enforces this mentality to maintain the globe earth lie. What would the point of such a large conspiracy be? And why have there been no whistle-blowers?

In saying all this I confess that I could be wrong. I think flat earth is possible when in alignment with simulation theory. But simulation theory is equally applicable to the heliocentric model as well.

What do some of you guys think to this?

@galii
@Winston
@Yohan
@yick
@Lucas88
@gsjackson
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 2nd, 2023, 1:05 pm
gsjackson wrote:
October 29th, 2023, 5:27 am
So you've offered an explanation for why we wouldn't perceive the motion of a spinning ball, but that's not evidence that the earth is spinning. There is none, despite many attempts to demonstrate that there is.
What about the Coriolis Effect? This is when circulating air is deflected in curved paths due to the fact the earth is globular and also rotating. The direction of this effect is opposite in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

There's also the fact that with time exposure cameras we can see the circular trails of the stars which prove the earth is rotating. Unless you believe in the firmament and that is what is actually rotating, otherwise why does this effect happen?

Also, what about the Faucault Pendulum? This is apparently an easy way to demonstrate that the earth is rotating on its axis. An explanation for this is here if anyone needs it:

So, @gsjackson, how do you account for these phenomenon? How do these work on a flat earth?
Who said anything about a firmament? That's not a commonly accepted view among people investigating the heliocentric fallacy.
In a video I watched the author spoke about the firmament. I assumed this was a universal concept accepted among flat earthers. I understood the concept of the firmament as it was explained by the author of the video, but I don't know if I can accept it as a truth. If you're not of the belief that a firmament exists above earth then what are the external stars and planets and why do they rotate above us? For what purpose?
1. There have been 56 instances observed by even the Royal Academy of Science of eclipses occurring when the sun and moon were both observable in the sky. So not aligned in a way that creates the eclipse.
How is this possible? And what do you mean? What kind of eclipse? A solar or lunar eclipse?
2. The sun rotates around the earth, just as it appears to do. And it is not 93 million miles away, which is utterly absurd. It is much, much closer, just as it appears to be. So does that explain your differing angles?
Why does the idea of something being 93 million miles away seem so absurd to you? Why is the size of the sun so inconceivable? Flat earth just has too much guesswork and not enough scientific research to support it. How and why does the sun move from the northern and southern hemisphere to create the different seasons on a flat earth?

I'm not sure if a much smaller and closer sun would explain differing angles. But I'd have thought the supposed curvature of the Earth would also play a role in the angles of these shadows cast. Like say if the sun was directly overhead and half way between two sticks placed an equal number of miles apart then surely their shadows would be exactly the same wouldn't they?
3. The obvious limitations of human vision account for different constellations above different parts of the earth. A person walks half a mile down the road and all but disappears (and no, the earth's curvature doesn't account for this -- 8 inches per mile squared is the curvature formula put forward by the globalists). And yet the "scientists" tell us that we can see stars that are quadrillions of miles away -- because they're so very, very big. Bullshit. They're what they appear to be -- a couple hundred or so miles away. Since the southern hemisphere is thousands of miles away from the northern you will see different stars overhead.
There is a fallacy in your logic here. Take people from South America, South Africa and Australia all looking in different directions and ask them to name which constellations they can see and they will all name the same stars and constellations, the same will happen with different countries in the Northern Hemisphere as well. Yet limitation of human vision can't see South Africa from the South American coast, yet how can they all see the same stars if these stars are tiny and only a few hundred miles away?

This can only be possible on a globe earth where all the people from these various locations and facing in different directions can all see the same constellations. On the flat earth map this same situation would result in all people seeing different stars as they would all be facing different areas of the night sky instead of facing the "southern" night sky.
No need to postulate a "conspiracy theory." To get into and remain in the professions you listed you have to accept the prevailing paradigm. If you're dealing strictly with theory, rather than observable phenomenon, then both the heliocentric and geocentric paradigms work, according to both Einstein and Hawking. But to get into the "science" club, as currently constituted, you need to embrace the religion of heliocentrism.
Both the heliocentric and geocentric paradigms work in theory, but only one of them can be true. As far as scientific evidence and proof is concerned I think the heliocentric model makes the most sense. The geocentric model is just an example of humanities hubris and the desire to be at the centre of everything. I just think there are too many fallacies and inconsistencies for this theory to be the prevailing one.

Where its true that when a certain paradigm is pushed people who get into a certain profession have to accept that paradigm (like with the covid fiasco) it doesn't mean that every single profession enforces this mentality to maintain the globe earth lie. What would the point of such a large conspiracy be? And why have there been no whistle-blowers?

In saying all this I confess that I could be wrong. I think flat earth is possible when in alignment with simulation theory. But simulation theory is equally applicable to the heliocentric model as well.

What do some of you guys think to this?

@galii
@Winston
@Yohan
@yick
@Lucas88
@gsjackson
Pixel Dude I think it is cool that you find it interesting to get into the topic. It can be fun for a high IQ guy like you who likes to play detective who also wants to be a polymath.

The best thing is with flattards that they challenge us to learn these things and try to teach them. Partly I believe the flatties are a bit disturbed in the brain and need extra lessions in physics. So it can be theoretically a win win.

You make good points in your arguments. I would love to get more into it but my old brain is a bit slow. I will do when I am ready.

Did you check the channel of Eric Dubay the douchebag? He is the father of the flattard movement. The trainwreck there is weirdly amazing.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
November 2nd, 2023, 1:44 pm
Pixel Dude I think it is cool that you find it interesting to get into the topic. It can be fun for a high IQ guy like you who likes to play detective who also wants to be a polymath.
Yeah, I do find the topic interesting. But like @Lucas88 pointed out earlier, I don't think people are necessarily silly for believing in the theory. I think the cause of such a belief is fairly obvious. Unlike what @Huddo says about the belief lacking any coherent critical thinking, I would argue that believing in flat earth does require critical thinking.

Critical thinking is the ability to analyse facts and form your own judgement. This is exactly what @gsjackson and others have done when they formulate their belief in something like this. On the surface it does sound dumb. I admit that I once thought it was hilarious that people still believe in flat earth. But as I've gotten older I decided to look into the theory for myself, not because I though the earth could be flat, but I just wanted to try to understand why people would think such a thing. I think it's obvious to me at this point that the main reason people subscribe to this theory is a lack of trust in government and government institutions. Basically people have been lied to so much that they have reached a point where everything said by government and their institutions is subject to scrutiny. After years of being lied to and government corruption I think it's normal to discount everything they say as utter horseshit
You make good points in your arguments. I would love to get more into it but my old brain is a bit slow. I will do when I am ready.
I'm glad you liked the points I made. I think some of them are pretty strong arguments in favour of a globe earth. Whereas I haven't heard any truly compelling arguments which prove the earth is flat. The only compelling arguments I've heard are ones that prove NASA and the government are liars, but this fact alone doesn't prove the earth is flat.
Did you check the channel of Eric Dubay the douchebag? He is the father of the flattard movement. The trainwreck there is weirdly amazing.
It wasn't a video by Eric Dubay I watched. It was a video called What on Earth Happened or something like that.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsWJWvSKrac
Brad Olson discusses Flat Earth but remains lost in Antarctica
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Pixel--Dude

That Focault's Pendulum argument is super weak and doesn't prove anything. Why can't a pendulum swing like that on a stationary flat earth? It doesn't move at all if you don't push it. Eric Dubay debunked this long ago. See his video on Focault's Pendulum here.

Apparently if you ask Google for proof that the Earth moves, it can't come up with anything except Focault's Pendulum. That's a big red flag. If Earth is a spinning globe, they should have some better proof than this. Your video is also overly complicated, but reality is never that complicated unless it's designed to confuse you, because truth is simple.

Also, the fact that people like @galii only has RIDICULE and INSULTS is another red flag. If the earth is a globe, why does he need to constantly resort to RIDICULE and INSULTS all the time, rather than discuss the evidence? His posts become garbage when he does that, even if you agree with him. He gives globe earthers a bad name. Why do most globe earthers resort to insults, ridicule and name calling? That's a bad sign and a red flag. And it's a waste of time to read too. Guys like him have nothing to offer in this discussion. I certainly wouldn't want him on my side.

Watch that documentary I sent you earlier. It addresses a lot of the stuff you mentioned above.

In fact there are 3 scientific experiments that show the Earth to be stationary: Airy's Failure, Michelson-Morley Experiment, Bedford Level Experiment. In contrast there are zero experiments that show the Earth is moving. 3 vs 0. Hence globe earth doesn't seem to have any legs to stand on.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Pixel--Dude

Check out what Albert Einstein said. He admitted that all experiments such as Michelson-Morley showed a stationary Earth and that ZERO experiments show a moving Earth. That's why he was hired to develop relativity to help explain away the ether and protect heliocentrism.

“While I was thinking of this problem in my student years, I came to know the strange result of Michelson’s experiment. Soon I came to the conclusion that our idea about the motion of the Earth with respect to the ether is incorrect, if we admit Michelson’s null result as a fact. This was the first path which led me to the special theory of relativity. Since then I have come to believe that the motion of the Earth cannot be detected by any optical experiment, though the Earth is revolving around the Sun.” - Albert Einstein
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

This level of stupid is literally amazing to watch