Tsar do not go to Odessa

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Tsar do not go to Odessa

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar has been PMing me a lot about going to Ukraine. One of his considerations was the city of Odessa, on the Black Sea and can be easily hit by Russian warships.

Zelensky denounces 'heinous' Russian attack that killed 20 in Odessa
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ze ... r-BB1jYIcl

Tsar, don't go there. I was almost going to go there because you can get a luxury apartment for cheap.

Also Odessa has a large Jewish community there and that's why there are a lot of scammers and scams.

Tsar read my PM about where to go.
Last edited by Voyager1 on March 16th, 2024, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Tsar Do Not Go To Odessa

Post by Tsar »

I'll probably not go to Odessa but there were really good apartments for $400 per month within walking distance to the beach. But I also heard most people are leaving Odessa if they are able to so there's no point in going to a city everyone is leaving.

I'll probably go to Kyiv again especially since I might have a new girl willing to become a girlfriend.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Tsar do not go to Odessa

Post by MrMan »

I talked to an American who houses refugees in Greece. There was a huge need for nonprofit work, people just walking from Ukraine to other countries.

@Tsar and @dancilley could go to one of those countries, meet a family that has a pretty, young-looking 18-year-old girl who just had a birthday, then inquire if the girl is a virgin, and offer for one of them to marry the girl and take her off their hands so they'd have one less mouth to feed. Not serious but I'm not going to do an lol given the subject matter. They'd need a job to support her first.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

To travel to Odesa or in general to Ukraine without any personal reason like to meet family members is plainly wrong at this moment, just too dangerous, too risky. For spending nice time near the Black Sea better go to Bulgaria or Turkey.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 5:21 am
To travel to Odesa or in general to Ukraine without any personal reason like to meet family members is plainly wrong at this moment, just too dangerous, too risky. For spending nice time near the Black Sea better go to Bulgaria or Turkey.
Tsar is not going there on a sightseeing expedition. He's going there to meet a girl. He's already been to Bulgaria.

I think he should be safer in Kyiv than Odessa.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar, if you go to Kyiv go to Grill do Brasil. It's an AYCE Brazilian Rodizio. If you go for lunch it's only 449 uah (~$12). It's located near M. Pecherska.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 6:58 am
Tsar, if you go to Kyiv go to Grill do Brasil. It's an AYCE Brazilian Rodizio. If you go for lunch it's only 449 uah (~$12). It's located near M. Pecherska.
I'll do that. It sounds very affordable.

I usually can't afford to eat more than one meal a day unless I rent a place.

The last time I was in Kyiv, it wasn't easy to find affordable meals that were very filling for under $18 per meal. It was winter so I didn't get out much at the time.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I definitely would want a place with a kitchen for cooking meals but even if you don't you can get by with bread & cheese and sliced meat from any supermarket. There is also cheap street food available. One place I used to go was Puzata Hata which offers cheap Ukrainian meals usually <$5. They are all over Kyiv.

Be careful of the street food. You can get sick.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Tsar

Careful Tsar, Safe journey. I certainly hope you don't get in the crossfire.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar told me he doesn't care about getting blown away in a bombing because he was already thinking along those lines.

The 2024 population of Kyiv is about 3020228. Let's say 50 people were killed in a bombing. So that would be 50/3020228 or .0016555%. You would have a greater chance of getting hit by a car or tram than getting blown to pieces by a Russian bomb or missile.

Still these bombings strike fear and terror in the hearts of the Ukrainian population (I was there February 26, 2022). That is what putin wants. he wants to terrorize the civilian population.

Good luck Tsar. We'll be looking forward to your trip reports.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 6:00 am
Yohan wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 5:21 am
Tsar is not going there on a sightseeing expedition. He's going there to meet a girl. He's already been to Bulgaria.

I think he should be safer in Kyiv than Odessa.
I know this, but I would say, he can invite her to Bulgaria or Turkey, women can leave Ukraine, no problem at all.
Still the safer way to meet outside of Ukraine.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 11:12 am
I know this, but I would say, he can invite her to Bulgaria or Turkey, women can leave Ukraine, no problem at all.
I would advise him against this. The girl could ask for money for travel and could be some kind of scammer. Very rarely is this not the case.

The guy should meet the girl in her city, on her territory not in some other place.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 11:39 am
Yohan wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 11:12 am
I would advise him against this. The girl could ask for money for travel and could be some kind of scammer. Very rarely is this not the case.

The guy should meet the girl in her city, on her territory not in some other place.
I already got scammed by helping a 21 year old Ukrainian girl. Then she ghosted me. I'm not going to be sending money to girls, especially for travel or anything else.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 12:11 pm
I already got scammed by helping a 21 year old Ukrainian girl. Then she ghosted me. I'm not going to be sending money to girls, especially for travel or anything else.
First of all you don't know it was a real girl that scammed you. It could have been a guy behind the keyboard. Did you video with this person?

Secondly you should have consulted with the people here. They would have advised you NEVER SEND MONEY if you haven't met in person. Even then you have to be careful.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 3:18 pm
Tsar wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 12:11 pm
First of all you don't know it was a real girl that scammed you. It could have been a guy behind the keyboard. Did you video with this person?

Secondly you should have consulted with the people here. They would have advised you NEVER SEND MONEY if you haven't met in person. Even then you have to be careful.
Yes, we did video chat and voice chat