Approaching Taiwan girls - Response to Winston

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

20 Shoot downs followed by some better luck

Post by Rock »

Monkro and I went to Baby 18 last Saturday night. That's a club for college aged locals but you see some older people there including most of the few foreigers who go. One reason some of the foreigners like it is that you pay an NT$800 entrance and then get to drink all you want for no extra charge. Girls may be mostly very young. But I think there's a much smaller number of hotties there than in Myst which is popular with a larger age range. Monkro was keen to meet someone very young so he wanted to give it a try.

The Shoot Downs His goal was to approach 20 girls and I was just there so he wouldn't appear as a lone wolf in the club. It was all on his dime so I obliged. Over the course of 3 hours (1-4 am) he did indeed approach at least 20 if not more. His magic pick-up line, which he asked me to teach him to say in Chinese was, "hi, what time does this club close"? He basically opened with that simple question, gauged their response to him, and then decided whether or not to follow-up with some chit chat in English. Guess what. All of them shut-him down within 5 minutes! There was one with a group of 2 other girls who treated him to a tequila shot but after that, they disappeared.

After the club closed, lots of people were hanging out around the front and also around nearby Myst. I told him to make a few more approaches as I could help him out more on speaking since it was quiet. He approached a couple drunk sets of 2 girls each practically passed-out but couldn't get much of a response. Then furtehr away, he approached another 2 set which turned out to be Vietnamese students there to an English business course at a local college. They were very nice and polite (spoke English but almost no Chinese). However, Monkro didn't sense a much interest so he just gave them his digits and moved on.

In front of Myst, he met a couple ABC girls who were from an area near him in the States (plus went to same school I think). He lost interest as soon as he found out they were Americans and did not ask for digits. Finally, I spotted a girl nearby sitting down by herself waiting for a friend. I told Monkro to approach her but when he did, she told him she didn't understand. So I stepped in, chattet with her a bit, and found out she's an aborigine girl from Paiwan tribe and recently graduated from uni in accounting , a very cute girl, 5'4" with big eyes. I got her digits for him and we finally cabbed it home. I do find it a bit strange that she's a recent grad from a decent uni but appears to speak very little English.

Beter luck Remember the long-shot tall blond Polish pearl from last Wednesday night at Myste? Monkro had texted her, set-up a Sunday evening date, and in spite of heavy rain all day, she didn't flake on him. They hung-out several hours, he took her home around midnight, kissed passionately in front of her door for a few minutes, and then said good-bye. They lined-up another date for this week! Wow, I gauged her to be out of his league (sorry Monkro) as she's a hot young blond girl who stands as tall as him.

Today, I reminded him to text the aborigine girl from last Saturday. I helped him produce a Chinese text to send her, basically telling her he was happy to meet her, giving a brief self intro and reminder of who is is, and asking what she had going on the next week-end. Within 3 minutes she replied with something along the lines of, it depends and he should try to make a date with her earlier. Then she followed-up with her facebook addy. Looked like a hot pearl to me. So I texted back asking her if it was OK to call and that a friend would help translate (it was after 11 pm). She replied OK so I called and warmed her up for the next 10 minutes. I explained that Monkro was a cool but safe guy and found out some more details about her. Then I made a date for them to meet tomorrow after her work. On the phone, she was quite warm, friendly, and easygoing, happy to go wherever Monkro wanted to take her. She even seemed a bit excited. This is a hot prospect.

Take-aways Numbers game in Taipei is yielding some good initial results for him. Monkro is not skilled at PU, does not speak Chinese, and is not the ideal type of for many girls here. But he takes the rejections in stride and just keeps at it. His results (around 10 solid pearls so far) are respectable and I believe many would find the investment (time and money spent out plus the ego blows from a few dozen rejections) worthwhile.

When I compare his recent experience to that from my past, it does seem tougher than it used to be. Foreigners may not be as special as they used to be with some. But, I'm a different guy, approached fewer girls in a given day or night, and had a very different style. I also did more work during the day than evening. We still need more data before we come to more solid conclusions on the HA environment here.

Monkro has agreed to spend more time approaching during daytime in coming days. Becoming a regular in the clubs is not a healthy lifestyle.
dragonboy
Freshman Poster

Thanks Rock!

Post by dragonboy »

Great report Rock, thanks for sharing!
Hopefully there will be more updates soon. Also- I'll be there from Friday, and hopefully can add to your investigation... :-)
-db
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Re: 20 Shoot downs followed by some better luck

Post by ph_visitor »

Rock wrote:Monkro and I went to Baby 18 last Saturday night. That's a club for college aged locals but you see some older people there including most of the few foreigers who go. One reason some of the foreigners like it is that you pay an NT$800 entrance and then get to drink all you want for no extra charge.
Well, Rock you have confirmed your own bias that you just gloss over whenever you give advice about China and TW.

Grown men over 40 usually don't go to nightclubs anymore because we cannot stand the noise, smoke and stupidity. There are 500 hot young 26 yo guys around, and if you look older you just fade into the background and become useless annoying wallpaper. Should one be stupid enough to approach a female, you are anti-social proofiing her to the absolute bottom of the social ladder there.

She's so undesirable, that only the old, grey men will talk to her.

Just talking with her destroys all her social capital, even if you are her friend.

The impression given by reports like this is one of no age-related issues in Asia, but that's not true. A 50 yo guy in a club in TB is going to strike out just as he would back home.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 20 Shoot downs followed by some better luck

Post by Rock »

ph_visitor wrote:
Rock wrote:Monkro and I went to Baby 18 last Saturday night. That's a club for college aged locals but you see some older people there including most of the few foreigers who go. One reason some of the foreigners like it is that you pay an NT$800 entrance and then get to drink all you want for no extra charge.
Well, Rock you have confirmed your own bias that you just gloss over whenever you give advice about China and TW.

Grown men over 40 usually don't go to nightclubs anymore because we cannot stand the noise, smoke and stupidity. There are 500 hot young 26 yo guys around, and if you look older you just fade into the background and become useless annoying wallpaper. Should one be stupid enough to approach a female, you are anti-social proofiing her to the absolute bottom of the social ladder there.

She's so undesirable, that only the old, grey men will talk to her.

Just talking with her destroys all her social capital, even if you are her friend.

The impression given by reports like this is one of no age-related issues in Asia, but that's not true. A 50 yo guy in a club in TB is going to strike out just as he would back home.
Once again, you've taken things way out of context, just like you did with posts about PI. I've never said that Taiwan is a strong HA destination for ever man on the planet, only for certain guys. And I made it clear who those certain guys might be.

Vast majority of guys on forum (based on demographic stats which have been quoted) are well under 40. I've written many times that Taiwan provides an excellent dating handicap to regular western guys up to age 35 or so. I've also written that certain other countries are probably much better suited for older guys.

Personally, I've never been a club man, probably cus I'm an introvert by nature. But clubbing is but one of many strategies which can be used to meet women. For example, of 2 guys recently menioned in Taiwan - Monkro and Asian Dragon - one likes to use clubs for meeting women and the other prefers other methods.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

I'm thinking about Taiwan after my stay in India. I have a taiwanese woman in the class I am in in India now and she insists that Taiwanese are very fond of western looking foreigners. Although she is a Buddhist nun she tells me that maybe I will find a wife in Taiwan.. She says that when she taught english there all the locals liked her more because she was teaching english then the other teachers. So it seems that decent looking white guys may do well in Taiwan but it is not great for others? I guess that is the conclusion
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

lookin4happiness wrote:I'm thinking about Taiwan after my stay in India. I have a taiwanese woman in the class I am in in India now and she insists that Taiwanese are very fond of western looking foreigners. Although she is a Buddhist nun she tells me that maybe I will find a wife in Taiwan.. She says that when she taught english there all the locals liked her more because she was teaching english then the other teachers. So it seems that decent looking white guys may do well in Taiwan but it is not great for others? I guess that is the conclusion
Monkro is a decent looking non-white foreigner and he's doing quite well so far. Most of the women he's dating are very young and quite cute. I think Taiwan is an excellent choice for foreign guys, white or not, looking for a serious gf or future wife. And just to spell it out for guys like Globetrotter, I'm not referring to all guys, just the ones who fit the specs I've discussed many times before (which is probably the overwhelming majority on this forum).
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

Hey Rock,
I've got a few things I would like to discuss with you in private if at all possible. It is not about Taiwan but it is about a Nepali girl I have met and talking to for the last month or so. I don't think you have any experience with Nepali girls but they can't be that much different from other Asian girls? Although the Nepali culture is quite different and difficult to understand... I can't gauge whether how much effort I should put towards landing this one. She is very hot in my book. Beautiful face in fact and I got her number just by stopping her walking by on the street. The first few meetings I was routed to talking to her brother or sister because supposedly she was very shy and her english is not good. The first meeting she invited me to her sisters house to meet half the family. On the second meeting I met her parents also! But since then getting to know her has been like pulling teeth. Granted her English is not that good and the fact that it is not in the culture to ask a lot of questions... I simply can't read the signs if this girl is 1)just leading me on or if she is 2) interested, or if she 3) sees me as a potential ticket to the U.S. Usually if I don't text her for a few days she will text me and see where I have been. She always says things like "Please don't think bad to me" or "bad about me" which I have no clue what it means. Why would I think bad about her and why does she keep saying this? I don't get it.. also when I invited her over to my place she made up an excuse about having to leave quite quickly. And she has to do everything with a sister it seems she can't do anything alone. Another friend who dates a local girl confirmed that his was the same way. Could this girl really be that shy, it doesn't seem like a girl that is so hot would be shy.. I am just wondering how much effort I should put into this one or if I should just bag it. I already felt myself getting a bit attached to her just because of her looks even though I really have no idea about a lot of her character other than that she is very very feminine and comes from a good culture, and that she is receptive to me. I just feel like I have to do all the work and it is sort of like pulling teeth even getting to the point where I could meet her alone... What do you think?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

lookin4happiness wrote:Hey Rock,
I've got a few things I would like to discuss with you in private if at all possible. It is not about Taiwan but it is about a Nepali girl I have met and talking to for the last month or so. I don't think you have any experience with Nepali girls but they can't be that much different from other Asian girls? Although the Nepali culture is quite different and difficult to understand... I can't gauge whether how much effort I should put towards landing this one. She is very hot in my book. Beautiful face in fact and I got her number just by stopping her walking by on the street. The first few meetings I was routed to talking to her brother or sister because supposedly she was very shy and her english is not good. The first meeting she invited me to her sisters house to meet half the family. On the second meeting I met her parents also! But since then getting to know her has been like pulling teeth. Granted her English is not that good and the fact that it is not in the culture to ask a lot of questions... I simply can't read the signs if this girl is 1)just leading me on or if she is 2) interested, or if she 3) sees me as a potential ticket to the U.S. Usually if I don't text her for a few days she will text me and see where I have been. She always says things like "Please don't think bad to me" or "bad about me" which I have no clue what it means. Why would I think bad about her and why does she keep saying this? I don't get it.. also when I invited her over to my place she made up an excuse about having to leave quite quickly. And she has to do everything with a sister it seems she can't do anything alone. Another friend who dates a local girl confirmed that his was the same way. Could this girl really be that shy, it doesn't seem like a girl that is so hot would be shy.. I am just wondering how much effort I should put into this one or if I should just bag it. I already felt myself getting a bit attached to her just because of her looks even though I really have no idea about a lot of her character other than that she is very very feminine and comes from a good culture, and that she is receptive to me. I just feel like I have to do all the work and it is sort of like pulling teeth even getting to the point where I could meet her alone... What do you think?
I think you are asking the wrong guy in the wrong thread. I know nothing about Nepalese girls and have zero experience with them. From what you've written, it sounds like they may be worlds apart from typical Taiwanese women though.

Make a separate thread for this paragraph and post it on the forum so you can perhaps get some answers from those more qualified on this subject.
pitbul
Freshman Poster

Post by pitbul »

Winston wrote:I told you Rock, that your tenant would only have positive reports. I was right after all. Just as I suspected, no one flaked out on him, even though he's dark and short, which TW girls don't like. They only flake out on me.

It seems that according to you, everyone does well in Taiwan except me. So I must be below average? I highly doubt it. I'm better than most guys at approaching girls and charming/sweet talking them.

I was in Taipei at those places, and the girls would not stop to talk to me at all. They were cold. Nothing but disappointment and blue balls there. A total waste of time.

You've still never answered my question about how to get hot TW girls to stop, the ones with sexy long legs. They always walk by and ignore me like I don't exist. You never explained to me how to get to them to stop. I've been asking this question for years now. In Europe, if you just say "Excuse me" a lot of girls will stop. But not in Taiwan. You've never been able to provide a solution to that.

I just posted 8 reasons why I'm skeptical of the claim that you and others make, that most or all guys here can get girls, dates, romance and casual sex easily and anytime here. There are 8 factors which make this claim highly improbable. I've elaborated on them here:

viewtopic.php?p=75960#75960
capitalist minded Chinese people (hk, tw) are generally not interested in Indians, or dark skinned people in general. Even in Malaysia, you see that the Chinese women tend to stick with Chinese guys, despite Indians being all over the place. take a look around hong kong, where there are loads of Indians, and see how many mixed couples you see there. the only visible interacial couples in tw are white guys and Chinese women. Taiwanese are brain washed from the day they are born to believe that white people are king. There are certain parts of China, where dark skin is viewed as attractive, and taiwan is not one of them. maybe taiwanese are not watching enough bollywood films, but even in bollywood, most of the actors are light skinned.
rampsam
Freshman Poster

Post by rampsam »

That's a nice read. Here is what I've absorbed. Not only taiwan, but girls from all asian countries- china, india(except australia), etc., seems to share the same character. They are mostly either afraid of new men they meed and mostly about foreigner or they just don't want others to know that they are sexually open. Probably, it's a kind of insecurity that they make them to behave in this way.
Last edited by rampsam on October 14th, 2013, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

rampsam wrote:That's a nice read. Here is what I've absorbed. Not only taiwan, but girls from all asian countries- china, india(except australia), etc., seems to share the same character. They are mostly either afraid of new men they meed and mostly about foreigner or they just don't want others to know that they are sexually open. Probably, it's a kind of insecurity that they make them to behave in this way.
The general rule is that the capital cities of Asian countries - in particular, those with strong Western influences - will have their share of cold, stuckup, poor social skills, Facebook attention-whoring, man-phobic, extra-picky and anti-flirt girls. You have heard Winston talking about it in Taiwan, you heard Naoki talking about it in Japan, and I myself have talked about the same situation happening right here in Malaysia.

Asian girls are, truthfully, feminine and very open to romance, but only if one seeks them in places beyond the reaches of careerism, materialism and Anglopshere culture influences.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Just for Monkro

Post by Falcon »

Just for Monkro:

Or click on this link, since embedding is disabled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURa7GhqGko
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just for Monkro

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:Just for Monkro:

Or click on this link, since embedding is disabled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURa7GhqGko

Wow, she's so cute! Monkro, can you fit one more in to your long pearl list is it too late for this one?

Now we just need to find a similar one who's into overweight 1.5 Gen Taiwanese American men who like to constantly complain about Taiwan.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Update: Just met up with Monkro in Taipei. I took him to a place where there were lots of Indonesian women. Some of them took the initiative to invite us to sit with them. Then one lady told Monkro in English, "Your eyes are so beautiful." That was pretty much the first thing she said. :P

We just couldn't believe that Winston missed out on all this during his time in Taiwan. :D
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

I lived in Taipei for a year.. just left the country... a few months ago. I made a girlfriend there and we stayed together for one year. She was Chinese descent but born in Myanmar and living in Taiwan. Before I met my gf I did a few of those language exchange things. For younger guys who are native English speakers this is a pretty easy way to meet girls.. There are a lot of sexy girls in Taiwan but it is not a great place to live long term as per reasons mentioned already. It may be no "dating paradise" but I, as a white American, definitely had a shitload more options than I would in the states..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all