Angry American male

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:Could it be that WV's is one of those people that just enjoys playing "devil's advocate"? Some people are like that. They aren't trying to prove a logical point, but just like to play devil's advocate and get a kick out of it. They also like to leave cryptic messages for others to think about (which seems to be what some of WV's posts are about). Maybe they enjoy rattling others' chains too.

In any case, don't take that kind of discussion too seriously.
Maybe we should all refuse to visit this site until Winston Wu has banned her.
Then you are advocating the rule of mob mentality here rather than the rule of justice, fairness and reason. Is that what you want? Is that what we should stand for?

Isn't the "Caesar" statue in your avatar supposed to be about wisdom? Why are you for a mob mentality? Odd.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:Could it be that WV's is one of those people that just enjoys playing "devil's advocate"? Some people are like that. They aren't trying to prove a logical point, but just like to play devil's advocate and get a kick out of it. They also like to leave cryptic messages for others to think about (which seems to be what some of WV's posts are about). Maybe they enjoy rattling others' chains too.

In any case, don't take that kind of discussion too seriously.
Maybe we should all refuse to visit this site until Winston Wu has banned her.
Then you are advocating the rule of mob mentality here rather than the rule of justice, fairness and reason. Is that what you want? Is that what we should stand for?

Isn't the "Caesar" statue in your avatar supposed to be about wisdom? Why are you for a mob mentality? Odd.
Silly. If a person has cancer, you cut out the cancer. You dont wait around to see how harmful it is so it can spread to the rest of the body systems and endanger life itself. Now I see how you think, Winston.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The problem could be easily solved by just ignoring her posts. Every man is voluntarily responding. Why is one guy expected to be the heavy to protect men from themselves?
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

This site is addictive. I got so busy recently, but I took a glance back here, and I got hooked again!

Woman's View (I am a female too, by the way): I don't really see the point in your post and the patronising tone of it probably didn't do you any favours either. What are you asking the men to do, exactly? Forgive American women and stay there? Doesn't make sense. You have one life to live. If things are that bad there, the best thing for men to do is go somewhere better and enjoy themselves. You too, if you agree it's a bad environment. There's no gain in anyone sticking around and trying to understand what's gone wrong unless they are interested in it anyway or getting paid to theorise.

I also get a bit annoyed at how you say you are showing 'how women think'. Every post I've read from you that describes this is totally off the mark to the point of making me gasp in horror. I'd have to counter it if I thought anyone believed it was true.

Being Western females, neither of us serve any purpose here, so I think it's best to just admit that rather than think you are an important asset and that you should be listened to. If you want to stick around, ask yourself why. It seems you aren't too keen on American society either, so maybe get tips on how to move, and where to. There's a whole world out there, and it's worth exploring.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

MrPeabody wrote:The problem could be easily solved by just ignoring her posts.
And it could just as easily be solved by banning her.

MrPeabody wrote:Every man is voluntarily responding.
No, this is not true. Many guys here still choose to indulge her in logical debate, for reasons that strike me as irrational. I guess they like debating with women. Or perhaps they're true believers in the power of logical reasoning to settle disputes with women. Not me.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

BellaRuth wrote: Being Western females, neither of us serve any purpose here, so I think it's best to just admit that rather than think you are an important asset and that you should be listened to.
This is correct -- unusually sharp, perceptive, and honest for a western woman, and for that, you are to be commended.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the second part of your statement deserves recognition as well for its wisdom and maturity. Perhaps you could serve as a kind of tutor or guide offline for Woman's View, and teach her how to be more like you, since she herself seems unaware how much she is lacking. Keep in mind she's an American woman, so go easy on her :wink:

It's not surprising you're not an American woman, although I must say I have a very low opinion of British women myself. But perhaps they rate somewhat -- marginally -- higher than American women, although not significantly to make any practical difference.
Last edited by swincor on March 15th, 2011, 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BellaRuth wrote:This site is addictive. I got so busy recently, but I took a glance back here, and I got hooked again!

Woman's View (I am a female too, by the way): I don't really see the point in your post and the patronising tone of it probably didn't do you any favours either. What are you asking the men to do, exactly? Forgive American women and stay there? Doesn't make sense. You have one life to live. If things are that bad there, the best thing for men to do is go somewhere better and enjoy themselves. You too, if you agree it's a bad environment. There's no gain in anyone sticking around and trying to understand what's gone wrong unless they are interested in it anyway or getting paid to theorise.

I also get a bit annoyed at how you say you are showing 'how women think'. Every post I've read from you that describes this is totally off the mark to the point of making me gasp in horror. I'd have to counter it if I thought anyone believed it was true.

Being Western females, neither of us serve any purpose here, so I think it's best to just admit that rather than think you are an important asset and that you should be listened to. If you want to stick around, ask yourself why. It seems you aren't too keen on American society either, so maybe get tips on how to move, and where to. There's a whole world out there, and it's worth exploring.
Welcome back Bella! Yeah I guess truth can be addicting. lol

I wouldn't agree that you don't serve any purpose here though. You do bring up intelligent points and add quality content here. And like us, you are an aware truth-seeker and freethinker, so in that sense, I guess you fit in, despite your gender :)

Anyhow, I don't understand what the debate with WV is about. I mean, WV agrees with us about the dysfunction in America and agrees that foreign women are more friendly, feminine and down to earth than American women are, in general. So what is the disagreement about exactly? Can someone explain?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor__ wrote:
Suppose I were to ban WV. She could easily register a new account and return, just like YOU did, Swincor, when you were banned several times from this forum! You ought to talk Swincor...

swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:
swincor__ wrote:
Suppose I were to ban WV. She could easily register a new account and return, just like YOU did, Swincor, when you were banned several times from this forum! You ought to talk Swincor...

Just keep at it whenever she keeps popping up; the strategy should be two-fold, persistent banning (if need be), as well as repeated calls for guys not to respond to her -- that should do the trick.