Chinese adults don't usually change when they go to America

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Chinese adults don't usually change when they go to America

Post by Winston »

I don't understand all this talk about people changing into stuck up bitches when they come to the US. Most Chinese people I know that came to the US as adults are virtually unchanged, including my parents. My mom never became truly Americanized even though she came to the US in 1976.

Only the Chinese Americans who grew up in the US are Americanized, it seems. The ones that came as adults don't seem to change.

Maybe, like my spiritual guru Wayne Dyer says, "Circumstances don't make a man, they reveal him" so that means that those who change when they come to America were already that way and just waiting to come out at the right opportunity?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

That's often true in many immigrant cultures in the Americas.

I could go on and on, but in the late 19th century, people from traditionally impoverished regions in Southern and Eastern Europe didn't assimilate in American society pretty much the same reasons as Chinese immigrants today.

Only generations later, you'd see the gradual assimilation of their descendants into American culture.

For example, my mother speaks very little conversational english. On the other hand, my father has some proficiency in the English language, but not at the level of a near-native speaker.