Interracial marriage stats

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Interracial marriage stats

Post by momopi »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_ ... l_marriage

"Broken down by race, about 40 percent of U.S.-born Asians now marry whites — a figure unchanged since 1980. Their likelihood of marrying foreign-born Asians, meanwhile, multiplied 3 times for men and 5 times for women, to roughly 20 percent.

Among U.S.-born Hispanics, marriages with whites increased modestly from roughly 30 percent to 38 percent over the past three decades. But when it came to marriages with foreign-born Hispanics, the share doubled — to 12.5 percent for men, and 17.1 percent for women."

Donno about you guys, but if 40% of Asians and 30-38% of Hispanics born in the US are marrying "white", that looks like a pretty significant melting pot there.

The "likelihood of marrying foreign born Asians" stat is interesting. Does the article suggest that the % of US-Born Asian women marrying non-US born Asian men has increased by 5x from 1980 to 2010?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I'm also interested to know by which sex ratio is marrying to whom. I mean they say 40% Asian American marry to white ..but if anyone that lives in any city will tell you ..it's mostly Asian women with white men..although I do see more and more Asian men with white women.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Interracial marriage stats

Post by ladislav »

The "likelihood of marrying foreign born Asians" stat is interesting. Does the article suggest that the % of US-Born Asian women marrying non-US born Asian men has increased by 5x from 1980 to 2010?.
Or maybe it means that AAM are now marrying foreign born women.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!