Just back from Mexico City

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Just back from Mexico City

Post by ladislav »

Was just in Mexico City for three weeks. In brief: a great country, and most things are better than in the Philippines.

The food is excellent. The air quality is better. The Internet is faster. Not even one power cut. Much greater equality in society, and the people look content. Way less cheating, scamming or swindling. No constant struggle with " I am sorry, I have no change". They take credit cards everywhere.
The urban layout and architecture are excellent.

One does not stand out as a 'porener' and everybody is assumed to be a Mexican. People ask me for directions.

The people are intelligent with a lot of common sense.

A proud, solid local culture and national identity that stands on its own. No identity crises, no complexes, no need to imitate anyone.

But, but, but.

It is some 30% more expensive than the Philippines.

There is very little English. I speak Spanish, but if you don't, it won't be much of a life.

The obesity is off the charts. Almost every lady is either chubby or seriously overweight.

Compared to Filipinas, the ladies are way less attractive overall. And my feeling was that they do care about the age difference. A 21 year old Mexican girl is not going to go out with a 50 year old man.

The verdict: for relationship strategies, the Philippines can't be beat. At least not by Mexico.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just back from Mexico City

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Honestly tho the number of truly pretty faces is abysmal in the Philippines, it's certainly higher in Mexico. Like you're more likely to find a pretty face on a girl there. In the Philippines, pretty girls exist but most of them sadly are dark, pug-nosed flat faced creatures that look like someone's maid. Finding a cute mestiza type of girl is quite a challenge.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
May 23rd, 2023, 2:08 pm
Honestly tho the number of truly pretty faces is abysmal in the Philippines, it's certainly higher in Mexico. Like you're more likely to find a pretty face on a girl there. In the Philippines, pretty girls exist but most of them sadly are dark, pug-nosed flat faced creatures that look like someone's maid. Finding a cute mestiza type of girl is quite a challenge.
You're not so handsome yourself, you look like you should have seen a dentist two or more decades ago...
Time to Hide!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Moretorque wrote:
May 23rd, 2023, 7:43 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:
You're not so handsome yourself, you look like you should have seen a dentist two or more decades ago...
Lol you asswipe. 😂
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
And to think that Mexico and Philippines had quite a bit of DNA exchanging over several centuries of Spanish imperial rule.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I would go to Mexico for the food. I heard it's pretty good.

I like tacos, tostadas, fajitas all that kind of stuff.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

ladislav wrote:
May 23rd, 2023, 2:05 pm
Was just in Mexico City for three weeks. In brief: a great country, and most things are better than in the Philippines.
Should have met up with @Cornfed and done a podcast.
ladislav wrote:
May 23rd, 2023, 2:05 pm
The verdict: for relationship strategies, the Philippines can't be beat. At least not by Mexico.
Relationship strategies? Like chess? I don't know man I just f**k em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MechWarrior
Freshman Poster

Post by MechWarrior »

The biggest problem with Mexico (my wife and I just went for 6 months) was that you can't rent a house like you could way back in the 00s.

We went during the plandemic and travelled all across the country and unfortunately had to stay in hotels the entire time as foreigners can no longer rent places. The last time I was in Mexico was in 2005 and back then you could rent a place without any problems.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

MechWarrior wrote:
June 2nd, 2023, 3:30 pm
The biggest problem with Mexico (my wife and I just went for 6 months) was that you can't rent a house like you could way back in the 00s.

We went during the plandemic and travelled all across the country and unfortunately had to stay in hotels the entire time as foreigners can no longer rent places. The last time I was in Mexico was in 2005 and back then you could rent a place without any problems.
How so? Is it a new law? What gives?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!