My First STD

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

My First STD

Post by El_Caudillo »

I went into the 7/11 here in Taipei today and got a bottle of cold green tea out of the fridge. The first sip had me thinking of the days long ago. A wonderful drink green tea is - there for you. It has stepped in for me over the years when coffee wasn’t treating me well and even helped me pick up girls as a young guy in Shanghai.

Some girls jumped with fear when I asked them stuff on the street, others radiated human goodness. I remember one day it was raining and I asked an attractive woman to tell me whether my green tea bottle contained sugar or not. That was my usual ice-breaker, I told her I could not read the Chinese only label. Most women took a backward step, when approached, but no she came forward and sheltered me under her umbrella. Was she a ladyboy or something to be so forward - no! She told me in clear Mandarin that it did not have any sugar and pointed out the characters which indicated this. I asked her where she was going and she didn’t flinch on realising I wanted more than just information about my tea. Although she was twenty-eight (older than I was at the time) she had one of those dresses that you made you think of youth and summer (someone else’s summer really - as in a guy who had a girlfriend at high school). She didn’t look young in a way that was a creepy turn on though: she had crows feet, unusual for a Chinese woman of her age.

She came back to my apartment on Dongchang Road, the place was a tip but she didn’t mind. It was on the top of a twenty-something floor building - the windows didn’t shut properly and in the evening the temperature dropped and the wind whistled in. We huddled under my duvet. Her skin was so smooth I could barely get a grip on her. Energy, energy, energy was what I had when she left the next day. A great gift. But by the next evening I had a burning sensation down under. I called a friend to ask his advice - he found it hilarious.

I didn’t really know which hospital go to - I went to the nearest. I took a bottle of green tea with me at the hospital. I was addicted to the stuff. The doc told me it was Japanese style green tea. I told the him I couldn’t tell the difference between Japanese and Chinese style tea. This really got him going - Chinese green tea is made by putting the leaves straight into the cup, while the Japanese grind the leaves up first. The Chinese style has a more traditional taste! Traditional - that world was like a club in Asia - traditional food, traditional parks, traditional bloody toilets.

After a brief inspection, the doc told me I’d need to do a urine test to figure out what was going on with my burning urethra. This had me thinking about green tea once more. About a year before a local journalist had gone round various hospitals claiming pain while peeing. When sent to do a urine test he poured green tea into the vial. Based on the analysis of these samples he was normally prescribed antibiotics! It didn’t give one much faith in the health system. Indeed the doctor did give me antibiotics. They didn’t clear up the problem. At the time watered down antibiotics in China were rumoured to be a problem. I finally got things solved down in Hong Kong by an Indian doctor. He didn’t even take a look - but told me I had got gonorrhea from a filipina - which didn't make sense - he screamed to his nurse in Cantonese to give me an injection. I didn’t like that doctor but the infection was gone the next day. The green tea doctor up in Shanghai I liked.

Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: My First STD

Post by chanta76 »

Did you get urinal tract infection? Sometimes that resolves on its own.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Yes, I think that's what is was Chanta. Of course at the time I was freaked out and thought I'd caught something nasty.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Post by livefreeordie »

Two must-get health remedies that I think everyone should take on trips is activated charcoal and MMS ( Master mineral supplement )

If you start to get any kind of skin or genital infection that develops pus or mucus, charcoal will act like a sponge and soak up all the infection. Its black and its a bit messy so you have to be clean and do it in the bathroom, but it will work better than anything else topically, especially in the tropics, which can make infections harder to heal when they are moist. Its also brilliant for stomach issues like diarrhea, food poisoning etc and soaks up the toxins in your system

MMS is a mineral based oxidant that kills virtually all pathogens on contact (except for fungus which seem to resist so use bicarb soda ) and is easier on your system and organs than antibiotics, which i am skeptical of since many pharma drugs are offshoots from chemical warfare and generally have that mentality. MMS is excellent as an all-round antibiotic alternative and works really well to kill off parasites, especially when combined with water/juice fasting, another problematic issue in the tropics and in Asia. But if you start to get any pain in the tip of your penis, it doesn't hurt to cover that area in charcoal before any pus or infection breaks out. It also works really well on cold sores in the tropics which can take longer to heal due to the humidity.

Ive used MMS for years, and it even cured my food poisoning bug that i picked up with my friend, who was on the toilet in pain for days because he only took one dose whereas i kept up the doses til there were no symptoms

Return to “Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories”