Beautiful Skyway

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Beautiful Skyway

Post by ladislav »

I arrived in Manila from Bacolod and took a taxi to the Five Star terminal in Pasay to go to Dau. It was Monday afternoon and I was gearing up for a long trip along EDSA with all the traffic. I was figuring it was going to take hours to get thru Manila.
Instead, to my surprise, the bus turned the other way. I thought it was doing a detour, but instead, I saw it enter a toll booth and climb onto the elevated Skyway. The latter has now been completed and it crosses Manila bypassing all the traffic.
But the added benefit was the scenic experience of seeing the capital from above. It reminded me of riding the Japanese elevated monorail. Skyway is relatively narrow, and it is sitting quite high over the city. The view from it was breathtaking! All those skyscrapers and alebaster colored condominiums and all this greenery below was just lovely. I was riveted to the window looking at the beautiful cityscape all enthralled.
The beauty lasted almost 40 minutes and then, very smoothly, Skyway flowed into NLEX bypassing any contact with all the traffic below. We passed another tollbooth and now, were rolling through the green ricefields of Bulacan onward to Pampanga.
I never enjoyed a bus trip so much! It was almost like a pleasure tour, the one people go to travel agencies for.
If you need to go to Angeles from Pasay, make sure you take the bus that runs over Skyway.
Cost me less than Php 200 for all this aesthetic pleasure.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Beautiful Skyway

Post by publicduende »

ladislav wrote:
September 17th, 2022, 3:12 am
I arrived in Manila from Bacolod and took a taxi to the Five Star terminal in Pasay to go to Dau. It was Monday afternoon and I was gearing up for a long trip along EDSA with all the traffic. I was figuring it was going to take hours to get thru Manila.
Instead, to my surprise, the bus turned the other way. I thought it was doing a detour, but instead, I saw it enter a toll booth and climb onto the elevated Skyway. The latter has now been completed and it crosses Manila bypassing all the traffic.
But the added benefit was the scenic experience of seeing the capital from above. It reminded me of riding the Japanese elevated monorail. Skyway is relatively narrow, and it is sitting quite high over the city. The view from it was breathtaking! All those skyscrapers and alebaster colored condominiums and all this greenery below was just lovely. I was riveted to the window looking at the beautiful cityscape all enthralled.
The beauty lasted almost 40 minutes and then, very smoothly, Skyway flowed into NLEX bypassing any contact with all the traffic below. We passed another tollbooth and now, were rolling through the green ricefields of Bulacan onward to Pampanga.
I never enjoyed a bus trip so much! It was almost like a pleasure tour, the one people go to travel agencies for.
If you need to go to Angeles from Pasay, make sure you take the bus that runs over Skyway.
Cost me less than Php 200 for all this aesthetic pleasure.
Manila without the traffic is actually quite a nice place.