women's clothing differences between different countries?

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Laotianprincess
Freshman Poster

women's clothing differences between different countries?

Post by Laotianprincess »

As a world traveller I had the idea for this post for quite a while, and thought right now is a good time to try it. So: What are the differences between clothing in the U.S. (which is dominant on this website) and your country? I am not talking due to climate, but more so due to cultural differences.

In my experience, the most revealing clothing you see on the street is in the USA and Canada. In the summer months it's all about how little you can wear and u will see women wearing all types of skimpy outfits. Age or size does not matter. Women in USA and Canada wear the most revealing clothes by far when it’s not cold as hell. And I know it’s a stereotype, but many western countries including USA and Canada are actually really liberal with clothing. Western women have more freedom to wear whatever they want without being judged from others.

But I have also seen some East Asian women wearing incredibly short jeans shorts in East Asian countries like China and Taiwan. Surprisingly, China and Taiwan was home to some of the shortest booty shorts I've ever seen. I saw multiple Chinese girls and Taiwanese girls wearing booty shorts so short their ass cheeks were showing. However, showing cleavage is certainly less common in these countries.

I never traveled to very conservative muslim countries but India would top my list there as the most conservative in terms of how women dress. Indian women don’t adhere to the same standards as strict muslim countries but they still tend to dress more conservatively.

Anyways, this is based on my experiences so please feel free to share your opinions. I am not trying to judge others in any way. Thanks.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Re: women's clothing differences between different countries?

Post by Kalinago »

Almost all the nations in the world follow anglo-saxon modern clothing.due to cultural imperialism.

I would love it if people both men and women wore their traditional attire.
milevaa
Freshman Poster

Re: women's clothing differences between different countries?

Post by milevaa »

The differences in women's clothing between different countries can be quite fascinating to explore. Cultural norms, climate, and even historical influences can all play a role in shaping fashion trends and preferences. From the vibrant colors and patterns of traditional attire in countries like India and Nigeria to the sleek and minimalist styles of Scandinavia and Japan, there's a wide variety of sartorial expressions to discover. As for gudrun sjoden customer service https://www.pissedconsumer.com/company/ ... rvice.html, they're known for their commitment to providing excellent support to their customers. If you have any questions about their products or need assistance with your order, don't hesitate to reach out to their customer service team for help.