Prometheus, Loki, Lucifer

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Prometheus, Loki, Lucifer

Post by Luc Furr »

Prometheus...brings fire (light) to mankind
Loki....Loki Lightbringer
Lucifer....means light bringing the light of lucifer

Prometheus...rebels against Zeus
Loki....rebels against Odin
Lucifer...rebels against God

Prometheus...punished by Zeus
Loki...punished by Odin
Lucifer...punished by God

Prometheus...half titan (one step below Gods)
Loki...giant (one step below Gods)
Lucifer...angel (one step below God)

Prometheus...crafty (thinker)
Loki....tricky (thinker)
Lucifer...bible's only free thinker

Same guy...perhaps one would say same soul traveling through time to ensure mankind/universe does not fall into nothing....who rules, chaos or order are less important than life continuing to exist. Will be interesting to see what happens if this soul walks away from his role.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Prometheus, Loki, Lucifer

Post by Jester »

Prometheus brought technology, not damnation.

In the symbolic language of stories and dreams, he represents when a creative vision or idea is made manifest in the real world.

So these personages you list are not all alike.

Jesus, in fact, brought the Kingdom of Heaven to immediacy. He said that it is "at hand". He called God Father, and taught others to the same. God who had been distant and a bit terrible, our Creator, was now Our Father. Not just making creating us and making rules for us, but dwelling WITH us. It was because of Jesus's mediation through sacrifice, that the Holy Spirit could come and fill men (not just the occasional prophet).

If see Jesus as fulfilling that Promethean role, not just with fire or technology or ideas, but with the Kingdom of Heaven itself, you would be right.

And if you saw Lucifer or Satan as trying to usurp that role, bringing hollow wisdom and perverse knowledge, you would be right about that too.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I find it odd that people who don't trust the Bible also take the historical stories at face value. I look at the whole thing with a bit of skepticism, especially since some things don't apply to everyone. To read some of the Biblical information, it reads exactly like someone trying to make a case to a psychopath about being better than they are being. Not to say that it comes off as false- the concept of the afterworld came before the concept of the collection plate & there's really nothing to say that there isn't payback in the next world. Personally, I don't believe that someone can just get around whoever they seriously wronged by apologizing to God. I figure God might very well be pissed-off TOO & probably DOES dish out justified attack, but the person gets to dish out their own vengeance & that it doesn't get to be worth it for whoever did whatever it is.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Jester wrote:Prometheus brought technology, not damnation.

In the symbolic language of stories and dreams, he represents when a creative vision or idea is made manifest in the real world.

Jesus, in fact, brought the Kingdom of Heaven to immediacy. He said that it is "at hand". He called God Father, and taught others to the same. God who had been distant and a bit terrible, our Creator, was now Our Father. Not just making creating us and making rules for us, but dwelling WITH us. It was because of Jesus's mediation through sacrifice, that the Holy Spirit could come and fill men (not just the occasional prophet).

If see Jesus as fulfilling that Promethean role, not just with fire or technology or ideas, but with the Kingdom of Heaven itself, you would be right.

And if you saw Lucifer or Satan as trying to usurp that role, bringing hollow wisdom and perverse knowledge, you would be right about that too.
Jester,

For Jesus to be similar to Prometheus you would have to agree that....

Jesus led a rebellion
Jesus brought about a change in order to Chaos by destroying Rome (Order)
Jesus is not a God but instead one step below a God (Angel, Demon, Titan, Giant)
Jesus was punished by God
Jesus is a trickster

If you feel that Jesus did those things then he is indeed similar to Prometheus, Loki and Lucifer.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Wolfeye wrote:
the concept of the afterworld came before the concept of the collection plate
Funny, good rebuttal for those who think corruption among religious humans must mean that there can be no God.
Wolfeye wrote:
& there's really nothing to say that there isn't payback in the next world. Personally, I don't believe that someone can just get around whoever they seriously wronged by apologizing to God. I figure God might very well be pissed-off TOO & probably DOES dish out justified attack, but the person gets to dish out their own vengeance & that it doesn't get to be worth it for whoever did whatever it is.
One of the things that ruins the end of a movie for me is when a good person is about to take revenge, and another good person stops them.
"No don't!! That would make you just like him!!"
Actually it would just save other good people from becoming victims... plus set a sobering example for other would-be evildoers... plus give closure to the victim.

Re payback in the next world, that's one of the really comforting things about being Catholic. In the (uncensored) Bible we read, there is clearly reference to purification after death, at least in some cases.

The Church's teaching on this topic is:

All who die in God’s grace, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.
http://www.catholic.com/blog/tim-staple ... -the-bible

I find this very comforting in THREE ways.

First, as you point out, it would be really weird if some horrible axe-murderer repents just before execution, but in no way makes any amends for his crimes, then goes straight to Heaven. Purgatory is most likely the place he is going, and that's IF his repentance (born again experience) was real not fake.

Second, Purgatory is probably where I'M headed for a layover of some interval. I am hardly perfect. So those of us who still have a lot of changing to do, have somewhere to do it, if we don't get it all done here.

Third (extension of #2) -- This is particularly comforting regarding our loved ones. Die-hard Evangelicals believe their families are going to Hell if they don't come forward at an altar call. I disagree. Some of our relatives may seem a long way off from God, but He may well be working on them in ways we do not see, and in ways we will not see for centuries to come.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Luc Furr wrote:
Jester wrote:Prometheus brought technology, not damnation.

Jester,

For Jesus to be similar to Prometheus you would have to agree that....

Jesus led a rebellion
Jesus brought about a change in order to Chaos by destroying Rome (Order)
Jesus is not a God but instead one step below a God (Angel, Demon, Titan, Giant)
Jesus was punished by God
Jesus is a trickster

If you feel that Jesus did those things then he is indeed similar to Prometheus, Loki and Lucifer.
Well clearly Jesus was punished, but not by God.

And He was no trickster.

So then He doesnt fit the Promethean myth.

Touche!