Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Post by galii »

gsjackson wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:48 am
Yohan wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:14 am

He also understood, that not only the earth is not flat, but also that the moon is not a disc, the moon is moving around the earth and the light of the moon is coming from the sun.
If the moon is simply reflecting the sun's light then how come moonlight is cold, damp and putrefying, whereas sunlight is warm and rejuvenating. Find some shade from moonlight and you will be warmer -- the opposite of going from sunlight to shade. Try it for yourself.
Shade of moon is warm? This is garbage.

Moon is real with craters and shadows on them. It is insane to think it is a disc. Flerfs say believe your eyes but here they don't care. Same like when the sun sinks. Suddenly they don't belive their eyes.

Lunar eclipse can be predicted. There are realtime simulations of the the movement. Flerfs can't predict any of it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Yohan wrote:
galii wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 5:59 am

Yohan I think you like the topic too. Good find.
Like it is mentioned in the description the picture is not scale.
Let's try to make the right scale. For that we take my last calculation.
So to have the right scale in your picture a plane that flies 12km high
the plane had to be printed 1mm above the sphere. Basically one could not see it.
@galii

It's just funny - it is easy to prove that the world is not flat - even intelligent people more than 1000 years ago understood this.

Abū al-Rayhān Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Bīrūnī (973–1048)

from his scripts:
The Earth is a globe, with a rough surface due to the presence of mountains and depressions, but these are negligible when compared with the size of the globe. Because of this irregular surface, the water is not covering it completely, as it would happen for a smooth sphere.

While water, like earth, has a certain weight and falls as low as possible in the air, it is nevertheless lighter than earth, which therefore settles in water, sinking in the form of sediments at the bottom… The earth and the water form one globe, surrounded on all sides by air.
I like the research of Al-Biruni, because he wrote down all about his experiments in many details. He was also likely the first one, who created a globe of the earth.

He also understood, that not only the earth is not flat, but also that the moon is not a disc, the moon is moving around the earth and the light of the moon is coming from the sun.

These scripts still do exist....

-----------------------------------

Destroying Flat Earth Without Using Science - Part 3: Airplanes
You seem to be a fan of Al-Buruni. Rightly so. I will even more look into him. I like his statue. Flerfs should make one with Eric Dubay douchbag with a disc. lol.

I mean because he figured it out does not mean it is easy to understand. The guy was probably 150 IQ. Serious flerfs I think have some IQ bottlenecks with geometry. They might be higher IQ in other fields. I had a friend who was quite normal but he could not get physics. Though I had seasons where my brain worked at 70 per cent max for years.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

galii wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 10:53 am
gsjackson wrote:
Yohan wrote:

If the moon is simply reflecting the sun's light then how come moonlight is cold, damp and putrefying, whereas sunlight is warm and rejuvenating. Find some shade from moonlight and you will be warmer -- the opposite of going from sunlight to shade. Try it for yourself.
Shade of moon is warm? This is garbage.

Moon is real with craters and shadows on them. It is insane to think it is a disc. Flerfs say believe your eyes but here they don't care. Same like when the sun sinks. Suddenly they don't belive their eyes.

Lunar eclipse can be predicted. There are realtime simulations of the the movement. Flerfs can't predict any of it.
See for yourself. Get under a tree or something that blocks out the moonlight and measure the temperature.

Eclipses were predictable long before the spinning ball hoax began.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

gsjackson wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 3:54 pm
See for yourself. Get under a tree or something that blocks out the moonlight and measure the temperature.
Depends on how you measure temperature. If you are using your body to perceive temperature, then it will normally be much warmer under a tree at night because of reduced radiant heat loss (radiation from body is reflected by tree) maybe even some radiant heat gain depending on exact circumstances. Moon gives negligible radiant heat, so effect is same with it without moon light.

Radiant heat loss is why sleeping in the open on a clear night is so much colder than would be expected from air temperature. Air temperature is frequently above freezing when I encounter frost on my tarp when sleeping in the open on cloudness nights. Under a tree with leaves on it or with heavy cloud cover, there would be no frost.

Conversely, a snow cave at below freezing temperature can feel quite warm (assuming you are sitting on thick insulation), mainly because of near 100% reflection of radiant heat by snow, so no radiant heat loss. (Other factors are high humidity, so limited evaporative heat loss, and typically blockage of drafts, so no convective heat loss.) Often possible to be shirtless and yet comfortable in a snow cave (again assuming thick insulation to sit on).

Radiant heat loss/gain can be very powerful. Sitting in front of a fire, all the warmth is radiant heat. (Sitting directly on top of fire adds conductive heat: not advised.)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

galii wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 11:00 am
You seem to be a fan of Al-Buruni. Rightly so. I will even more look into him. I like his statue. Flerfs should make one with Eric Dubay douchbag with a disc. lol.
I mean because he figured it out does not mean it is easy to understand.....
This statue of Al-Biruni with the globe in his hands is inside the United Nation Complex in Vienna, Austria, Europe.

-----

This is the statue of Al-Biruni in Tehran, Iran in Laleh Park.
There are also postal stamps of Al-Biruni, various other statues in other Iranian cities and in Uzbekistan' and Turkmenistan, also various public buildings carry his name, like hospitals, institutes, universities etc. and there are many publications about him and his studies.
He is a very famous historical person also in Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.

-----

About to understand how he calculated the size of the earth, this video is very informativ and not so difficult to understand.

However Al-Biruni's calculation is not free of errors, because of refraction = bending of light - (also of sound, water and other waves)

However 'Refraction of Light' is really a difficult to understand subject.

This video is about possible errors of Al-Biruni calculating the radius and circumference of the earth (based on studies of Fermet).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_de_Fermat

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

gsjackson wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 6:34 am
Yohan wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 5:18 am
A human eye on sea level can see objects on water like big ships up to about 5km (3 miles),
not much farer. The human eye is not so strong enough to see the difference between water and the ship.
And yet we can see stars that are quadrillions of miles away, because they're so very, very, very big. Your religion is a wondrous thing, full of amazing tales.
You cannot see the STARS with your eyes.

What you see is merely the LIGHT coming from the star... some of these stars might even not exist anymore.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

gsjackson wrote:
Yohan wrote:
The moon does not produce any light, neither cold nor warm, it's reflected light from the sun only. Coldness cannot be transmitted anyway.

The moon has no atmosphere, therefore you cannot say, the entire moon is cold or warm. Facing sunlight, this part of the surface of the moon might become very hot +100 C, but without direct sunlight the surface of the moon is extremely cold, about - 160 C....

The reflected sunlight (not all is reflected, but absorbed) from the moon towards the earth is by far not enough to warm up the atmosphere of the earth.

It's a big temperature difference on earth if you stay in the sunlight during a clear day or if you are looking up to full moon during night.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

galii wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 10:53 am
Again, Al-Biruni...
https://aboutislam.net/muslim-issues/sc ... -biruni/2/
Al-Biruni is said to be the first man to carry out elaborate experiments linked to the astronomical occurrence.
He pragmatically experimented and described the solar eclipse on April 8, 1019, and the lunar eclipse on September 17, 1019.

In 1031, Al-Biruni concluded an all-embracing astronomical encyclopedia called Kitab al-Qanun al-Mas’udi (Latinized as “Canon Mas’udicus,”) in which he recorded his astronomical results and invented astronomical tables with logical conclusions.

BTW, there is a crater on the moon with his name...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Biruni_%28crater%29

https://planetarynames.wr.usgs.gov/Feature/146
Al-BIRUNI is an impact crater that lies on the far side of the Moon, just beyond the eastern limb. This portion of the surface is sometimes brought into sight due to librations of the Moon, but due to its location the crater is viewed from the side. Al-Biruni lies to the south of the crater Joliot, and to the northeast of Goddard.

The rim of Al-Biruni forms a somewhat irregular circle, with a slight outward bulge in the northeast wall, and a somewhat wider inner wall to the west. The interior floor is relatively flat, with a few tiny craterlets to mark the surface. The most notable of these is Al-Biruni C near the northeast wall.

-----

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9936_Al-Biruni
9936 Al-Biruni, provisional designation 1986 PN4, is a carbonaceous asteroid from the outer region of the asteroid belt, approximately 24 kilometers in diameter. It was discovered on 8 August 1986, by Belgian and Bulgarian astronomers Eric Elst and Violeta Ivanova at the Rozhen Observatory, located in Bulgaria's Smolyan province near the border to Greece. It was named for Persian medieval scholar Al-Biruni.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Talking about the ancient science giants:
"Anyone ignorant of geometry shall not enter." Plato
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

What no-one from the flat earth mental void can explain is why would anyone want to lie about the world being round if it is actually flat?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yohan wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 11:10 pm
gsjackson wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 6:34 am
Yohan wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 5:18 am
A human eye on sea level can see objects on water like big ships up to about 5km (3 miles),
not much farer. The human eye is not so strong enough to see the difference between water and the ship.
And yet we can see stars that are quadrillions of miles away, because they're so very, very, very big. Your religion is a wondrous thing, full of amazing tales.
You cannot see the STARS with your eyes.

What you see is merely the LIGHT coming from the star... some of these stars might even not exist anymore.
Your religion gives you a mysterious and magical mental universe to live in. I'm envious.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

yick wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 6:22 am
What no-one from the flat earth mental void can explain is why would anyone want to lie about the world being round if it is actually flat?
I feel like there they have an argument. Actually that is the reason why they deny science. They think there is a big conspiracy going on. They think If the evil elite can lie about earth and space they can lie about anything.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

@galii
galii wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 2:12 am
LOL,
Interesting that Al-Biruni wrote a similar short story, in his travel scripts of 'INDICO'.
A teacher is walking together with his four students very early in the morning.
It appears there is something standing erect before them on the road, but impossible to recognize it because it was still too dark.

The teacher turns towards his students and asks them what it is, what to do.

The first says “I do not know what it is”,
The second says “How can I know, I have no means of learning what it is”,
The third says “It is useless to examine what it is, we wait, daylight will reveal it”.

The teacher now understood that none of them has any adequate knowledge of how to do research.

The first because of his ignorance
The second because he is incapable to learn
The third because he is lazy

The fourth student however did not give an answer and he went on in the direction of the object.
He considered that no living man could stand still in this position and therefore it was a lifeless object.
On coming near, he found that it was pumpkins on which there was something entangled.
To be sure, he went quite close to it and struck again it with his foot till it fell to the ground.
Thus, all doubt removed, he returned to his teacher to report what he found out.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Yohan wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 8:09 am
@galii
galii wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 2:12 am
LOL,
Interesting that Al-Biruni wrote a similar short story, in his travel scripts of 'INDICO'.
A teacher is walking together with his four students very early in the morning.
It appears there is something standing erect before them on the road, but impossible to recognize it because it was still too dark.

The teacher turns towards his students and asks them what it is, what to do.

The first says “I do not know what it is”,
The second says “How can I know, I have no means of learning what it is”,
The third says “It is useless to examine what it is, we wait, daylight will reveal it”.

The teacher now understood that none of them has any adequate knowledge of how to do research.

The first because of his ignorance
The second because he is incapable to learn
The third because he is lazy

The fourth student however did not give an answer and he went on in the direction of the object.
He considered that no living man could stand still in this position and therefore it was a lifeless object.
On coming near, he found that it was pumpkins on which there was something entangled.
To be sure, he went quite close to it and struck again it with his foot till it fell to the ground.
Thus, all doubt removed, he returned to his teacher to report what he found out.
Good story.

When you think about it back in the time the number of 'flat earthers' had to be very high. The few guys with brains had to keep them at distance. You shure know the story:
After the Romans successfully captured the city in 212 B.C., Archimedes was killed by a Roman soldier after he allegedly told the soldier, "Don't disturb my circles"—a reference to a series of figures Archimedes had outlined in the sand.
Many times if you had brains you shurely had to live hidden from the 'flat eartherrs' of the time. That might be still the reason why these flat earthers hate conspiracies and elites because the elites created their elite ruling clubs like the free masons. Reminds me of Pol Pot who killed all smart looking people. When Flat Earthers come to power they might kill all smart people too. Everybody who can do geomertry gets killed.lol.

I am an Epicurean. His saying was 'live hidden'. I think he is a bit right. Who wants to be close to 'Flat Earthers'?

One can think of Pythagoras. He had his secret math club.

There is always this question why at the pyramids there are no scientifical informatioon. It could be that the knowledge was for the elites. Writing down fomulas on the stones might have driven 'flat earthers' crazy. Like Taliban blowing up buddhist statues.

I wanted to write stuff about Pythagoras. Well he is a science giant. I found this. I thought it is a nice and happy story.

Little known fact about Pythagoras: When he was a young man he had a girlfriend who was always getting mad at him for showing up late to meet her. One day he was supposed to meet her on a corner of the town square after he had attended a lecture. She had given him an ultimatum that if he was late in meeting her that day, she was through with him - she would end their relationship. Well, Pythagoras got involved in a discussion with some other attendees after the lecture and started walking towards his meeting with his girlfriend later than usual. One of his friends in a horse carriage came up from behind Pythagoras and offered to give him a ride to the town square corner where his girlfriend would be waiting. Even though the horse carriage could travel on the streets more than twice as fast as Pythagoras could walk, he decided that if he cut across the town square diagonally, he would get to the corner where his girlfriend was waiting in plenty of time. He therefore declined the offer for the horse carriage ride. However, after making his diagonal walk across the town square to the corner where his girlfriend should have been waiting, Pythagoras found that she had gone. She later sent him a message that they were through forever. So, Pythagoras lost the love of his life because he had miscalculated the distance between the opposite (diagonal) corners of the town square. It was after that that Pythagoras dedicated his life to the study of plane geometry.

https://www.quora.com/Was-Pythagoras-fr ... -freemason

Da du deutschsprachig bist wie ich hab ich google bard beauftragt etwas auf deutsch zu schreiben:
Die Wissenschaft ist eine Reise

Die Wissenschaft ist eine Reise. Eine Reise voller Entdeckungen und Innovationen. Eine Reise, die uns immer wieder aufs Neue überrascht und fasziniert.

Die Wissenschaft ist die Suche nach Wahrheit. Sie ist die Suche nach dem Verständnis der Welt um uns herum. Sie ist die Suche nach den Gesetzen, die die Natur regieren.

Die Wissenschaft ist ein Abenteuer. Sie führt uns zu neuen Ufern, zu neuen Welten. Sie erweitert unseren Horizont und öffnet uns die Augen für das Unbekannte.

Die Wissenschaft ist eine Herausforderung. Sie erfordert Mut, Neugier und Kreativität. Sie verlangt von uns, dass wir uns immer wieder hinterfragen und neu denken.

Die Wissenschaft ist eine Hoffnung. Sie zeigt uns, dass wir die Welt verstehen und verändern können. Sie gibt uns die Möglichkeit, eine bessere Zukunft zu schaffen.

Edit 1

I asked google bard to write interesting stuff about Al- Biruni
Al-Biruni was a true Renaissance man, excelling in a wide range of fields. He is best known for his work in astronomy, where he made important observations of the planets and stars and developed new methods for measuring their distances and movements. He also made significant contributions to mathematics, physics, and geography.

In addition to his scientific achievements, al-Biruni was also a gifted linguist and scholar of different cultures. He learned several languages, including Sanskrit, and wrote extensively about Indian history, religion, and philosophy. His work on India is considered a masterpiece of scholarship and is still studied today.

Here are just a few of al-Biruni's many accomplishments:

He accurately measured the Earth's circumference to within a few percent of the modern value.
He developed a new method for determining the latitude of a place using the altitude of Polaris.
He was one of the first scientists to study the astrolabe and use it for astronomical observations.
He wrote a comprehensive history of the sciences, including astronomy, mathematics, physics, and medicine.
He translated many Sanskrit texts into Arabic, making them accessible to a wider audience.
He wrote extensively about different cultures, including his own, and helped to foster understanding between different peoples.
Al-Biruni was a true pioneer in many fields, and his work had a profound impact on the development of science and culture. He is a reminder of the great intellectual achievements of the Islamic Golden Age, and his legacy continues to inspire scholars today.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

@galii

Danke für Deine Antwort, ich habe nicht gewußt, daß Deine Muttersprache Deutsch ist.

Ja, die flache Erde, wenn ich da manche Beiträge lese, weiß ich nicht ob ich lachen oder weinen soll.

Ich lebe allerdings seit fast 50 Jahren in Asien, spreche daher kaum mehr Deutsch im Alltag, besonders nicht mehr seit meiner Pensionierung - aber die eigene Muttersprache vergisst man nie. Ich komme ursprünglich aus Österreich, nahe bei Wien.

Da ich fast keine Beziehung mehr zu Europa habe, greife ich gerne bei der "flachen Erde" auf asiatische Literatur zurück, auf Al-Biruni, der war schon vor tausend Jahren gescheiter als manche Leute heutzutage, ich brauche ja nur ein paar Antworten lesen, die ich in diesem Forum bekomme.

Aber es gibt auch andere Asiaten, nicht nur Al-Biruni, die nie an die "flache Erde" geglaubt haben...

Aber das war nie wirklich so ein wichtiges Thema, den meisten einfachen Leuten hier in Asien war das egal, Buddhismus zum Beispiel gibt überhaupt keine Anregung bezüglich der Form der Erde auf der wir leben.

Ja, freundliche Grueße von Japan nach ??? sende ich Dir (allerdings weiß ich nicht, in welchem Land Du jetzt wohnst.)

Yohan
(from KBS Korean Broadcasting Service
The Great King, Sejong (Korean: 대왕 세종; Hanja: 大王世宗; RR: Daewang Sejong; MR: Taewang Sejong; lit. Great King Sejong) is a 2008 South Korean historical television series depicting the life of the fourth monarch of Joseon, Sejong the Great)

Yi Soon-ji, Korean Astronomer

In the early period of the Joseon kingdom, an almanac from the Ming Dynasty of China was used because there was no Korea-based almanac available. Every autumn, a special envoy known as Dongjisa(동지사) was dispatched to Beijing to bring the Chinese almanac for the following year.

But during the reign of King Sejong, an almanac was created to be applied to farming. Based on the times of sunrise and sunset in Hanyang, which is present-day Seoul, the new calendar reflected the characteristics of Korean land and seasons. The calendar book was called Chiljeongsan(칠정산), meaning the calculation of the motions of the seven heavenly objects.

Joseon’s representative astronomer Yi Soon-ji created Chiljeongsan Oepyeon(칠정산외편), the first Hanyang-based calendar book.

Raising Level of Joseon’s Astronomy to Global Standards

In the Joseon era, the calendar meant a lot more than just days. It also had astrological significance to foresee the security and welfare of the dynasty. Therefore, great efforts were made to observe and calculate the movements of the heavenly bodies precisely. King Sejong, in particular, made a considerable investment in developing astronomy and meteorology.

Yi Soon-ji assisted the king and made a great contribution to the development of astronomy. He is considered an astronomer who helped raise the level of Joseon’s astronomy to global standards.

When speaking of the development of science and technology under King Sejong, most Koreans think of famous scientist Jang Young-sil. But in those days, Yi Soon-ji stood unchallenged in astronomy and calendar development.

The king was frustrated with the inaccurate almanac at that time. He selected talented people out of many civil officials and had them learn arithmetic. It turned out that Yi was the best of them.

The king began to show interest in Yi when the astronomer calculated that the center of the Korean Peninsula was located at 38 degrees north latitude. At first, the king was a bit dubious about the calculation. However, he later saw a calendar from China, and knew that Yi’s computation was exactly correct. From 1431, the king entrusted Yi with the task of carrying out astronomical observations and developing the calendar.

Calendar for Korea
The annals recorded after Yi’s death show that he created various astronomical instruments and facilities to follow King Sejong’s order. This indicates that he played a significant a role in this area.

Yi’s most remarkable achievement is the publication of Chiljeongsan Oepyeon, which is considered the best Arabic astronomical almanac published in Chinese characters. The word Chiljeong refers to seven celestial objects; the sun, the moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. This calendar book describes the motions of the sun and the moon, solar and lunar eclipses and the movements of the five planets. Based on the Greek and Arabic traditions of astronomy, this book states that a year consists of 365 days and there are 31 leap days in every 128 years.

According to the book, a year comprises 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 45 seconds, to be more exact. This is even more accurate than the traditional Chinese Shoushi Calendar. Compared to today’s calendar, the difference is only one second.

Yi’s calendar book applies the outcome of Arabic astronomy to the situation of Korea. Thanks to the book, Joseon reached the world’s most advanced level in astronomy, along with Arabia and China.

Yi wrote many other astronomy and almanac books.
Jegayeoksangjib(제가역상집) published in 1445, for example, is a compilation of diverse astronomical theories from other books.
A book entitled Gyosikchubobeop(교식추보법) was published in 1459 to give an easy explanation of how to calculate solar and lunar eclipses.
Another book Cheonmunyucho(천문유초) deals with astronomical and meteorological phenomena.