Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 3:56 am
Winston wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 3:02 am
If you never heard of globe earth or astronomy or cosmology or the solar system model, would you think it was crazy? No you wouldn't.
Beg to differ, Winston. If, without any preconceived notions, I was told that the sun, which sometimes looks close enough to almost touch, is actually 93 million miles away, that traveling 66.6 thousand mph it takes our spinning ball an entire year to go around it, that this solar system is traveling 500,000 mph toward the Milky Way, that the galaxy was traveling over a million mph away from some explosion that happened over 14 billion years ago that was the origin of everything, I would think my interlocutor was stark-raving crazy. If he told me that some of the stars we see are so far away that it takes two years for the light that they reflect to reach Earth traveling at the speed of light, I would know beyond any doubt that he was bonkers. Everything about the official narrative is a complete, direct refutation of what we observe and what common sense tells us.

Galii, please don't clutter up this thread with your idiocy. But I know you will, within a couple minutes.
If so then didn't you ask your teacher in school if science was bonkers for teaching the astronomy model that we are all taught? Did you think the same as a kid? Or were you afraid to speak up about it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 9:18 am
gsjackson wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 3:56 am
Winston wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 3:02 am
If you never heard of globe earth or astronomy or cosmology or the solar system model, would you think it was crazy? No you wouldn't.
Beg to differ, Winston. If, without any preconceived notions, I was told that the sun, which sometimes looks close enough to almost touch, is actually 93 million miles away, that traveling 66.6 thousand mph it takes our spinning ball an entire year to go around it, that this solar system is traveling 500,000 mph toward the Milky Way, that the galaxy was traveling over a million mph away from some explosion that happened over 14 billion years ago that was the origin of everything, I would think my interlocutor was stark-raving crazy. If he told me that some of the stars we see are so far away that it takes two years for the light that they reflect to reach Earth traveling at the speed of light, I would know beyond any doubt that he was bonkers. Everything about the official narrative is a complete, direct refutation of what we observe and what common sense tells us.

Galii, please don't clutter up this thread with your idiocy. But I know you will, within a couple minutes.
If so then didn't you ask your teacher in school if science was bonkers for teaching the astronomy model that we are all taught? Did you think the same as a kid? Or were you afraid to speak up about it?
Just mindless acquiescence to authority. When you think about it, it's beyond absurd. I didn't ever think about it until checking out this thread six and a half years ago.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01Tbb7I6Ow
FTFE and WItsit Debate Aftershow
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Even a rudimentary knowledge of geometry and navigation can tell you that the world is indeed a sphere. If it were not, the calculations used to chart distances on earth would be way off and the further you get from the "Center" (The poles) the more radically off things would bet. This would not be just some minor discrepancy- over long distances it would end up being off by thousands of miles. That "Great ice wall" called the Antarctic would be nearly 80,000 miles in perimeter....lol You know, they actually have sailboat races around Antarctica?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 3:48 pm
Even a rudimentary knowledge of geometry and navigation can tell you that the world is indeed a sphere. If it were not, the calculations used to chart distances on earth would be way off and the further you get from the "Center" (The poles) the more radically off things would bet. This would not be just some minor discrepancy- over long distances it would end up being off by thousands of miles. That "Great ice wall" called the Antarctic would be nearly 80,000 miles in perimeter....lol You know, they actually have sailboat races around Antarctica?
@OutWest

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just wanted to tell you that I have been trying to reply to your PMs but it seems that you have disabled reception of PMs.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

I think it's fixed....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some questions and issues about Flat Earth that I posted to Aewar, creator of the 8 hour Flat Earth series "What on Earth Happened" that I posted above. Since Eric Dubay refuses to answer hard questions and only likes answering easy basic questions, I thought I'd try someone else who has very good research skills and follows the data. @gsjackson do you have any answers to this?

Aewar, since you have good research skills, can you get to the bottom of a few important Flat Earth issues I have that Eric Dubay won't address? See below:

1) First, Eric Dubay and other FEers keep saying that if you fly with your own private plane to Antarctica or the North Pole that you will be shot down by the military. But not a single website says that. I looked on Google and no one says that. Aviation websites merely say that it's dangerous and inadvisable to fly to the North Pole or Antarctica, but not illegal, nor that you will be shot down by the military. So where do FEers get this? I asked Dubay but he refuses to answer because he only wants to answer easy questions, not hard ones. Yet he keeps repeating this in all his videos, that you will be shot down or arrested if you fly to Antarctica on your own in your own plane.

2) Has anyone ever crossed Antartica? Dubay says no. However, Wikipedia and Quora claim that several people have flown across Antarctica and one woman even skiied across it on the ground! Can you see if these stories are authenticated? If they are true and people have gone across Antartica, then does that invalidate the Flat Earth model? What do you think? This is an important issue, but Dubay again refuses to look into it. He just keeps repeating the same stuff in every video, almost like an NPC on a script. lol

3) My friend from New Zealand said that he flew from NZ to Santiago, Chile in a plane in 14 hours, which is impossible on a Flat Earth model because that's the same amount of time it takes to fly from California to Asia. If he's right, then does that invalidate the Flat Earth model? Can you look into it since you are a good researcher and follows the data wherever it leads, which very few people are willing to do? Everyone just wants to validate their beliefs, as you know. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 3:48 pm
That's already been addressed. Pilots say they fly over a flat earth and do not have to pull the plane's nose down every few minutes and the Earth looks flat from the cockpit. Engineers and architects say that they do not factor in the earth's curvature when they design bridges, train tracks, and canals. They are quoted verbatim in the series I posted above "What on Earth Happened". See episodes 1, 2, and 3. Some pilots are interviewed too. Also US government documents say there is a firmament in the sky which accidentally slipped through the cracks and are from the 1950s when Operation Fishbowl was going on where the US military tried to use nuclear missiles to break through the dome in the sky.

Also, this is just one issue. There are now 200 arguments for Flat Earth, which is A LOT for sure. You have to consider all of them, not just hang on one issue like small minded biased people do. That's not good research. What about the other 199 logical arguments and proofs in the 8 hour documentary I posted above? They should all be considered too. Why can't you guys look at the big picture? Some of those proofs are VERY STRONG and AIRTIGHT and can't be refuted. Sorry. If you watch the 13 part series above, you would see what I mean. Just watch one episode a day if you don't have time to see the whole 8 hours all at once. I can't summarize an 8 hour documentary series for you. You gotta do the research and go through it all yourself. There's a lot of proofs and evidence and verifiable evidence that globe earthers can't explain away so they ignore them. That's a bad sign if you are a globe earther.

galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Flat Earth has been described as "the place where uneducated minds go to feel better about their ignorance, and educated minds go to be entertained.

Sending a scientific illiterate to the internet to "find the truth" about the "Flat Earth" is giving a 16 year old girl $6,000 to buy a good used car. The first car lot that has a purple car will get her money, and she'll be riding the bus.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@galii

Btw from now on, PLEASE do not go into other threads and use flat earth to ridicule or insult people or call people "flat earth retards". That's very distracting and off topic and a cheap shot and irrelevant too. If you want to discuss flat earth, then discuss it in the flat earth threads, like this one. But don't go into other threads on other topics and bring it up to ridicule or insult others. Ok? That's very annoying and distracting and off topic and nothing good comes from that. Ok? Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mark Sargent, one of the big flat earth popularizers, goes on a morning talk show to talk about the Flat Earth. This is pretty hilarious. The interviewers ask him skeptical questions of course.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Sargent's who you invite on if you want to discredit the movement.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

gsjackson wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 3:34 am
Sargent's who you invite on if you want to discredit the movement.
What makes you say he discredits the movement? They all sound about the same to me.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Dubay thinks he's controlled opposition. He avoids the strongest arguments and puts forward the preposterous notion that the earth is always rising and that explains why things fall.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

gsjackson wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:20 pm
Dubay thinks he's controlled opposition. He avoids the strongest arguments and puts forward the preposterous notion that the earth is always rising and that explains why things fall.
Why is that notion preposterous? If we're discounting all mainstream science then isn't anything possible? Why do you think things fall? Can gravity exist on a flat earth?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.