What is ChatGPT

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What is ChatGPT

Post by publicduende »

MrPeabody wrote:
April 13th, 2023, 8:50 pm
The US military isn't stupid? They thought they could conquer Afghanistan. And keep in mind that GPT is only the first version, and it is going to improve exponentially. And we don't have any idea what the military AI is already capable of doing. "Unintended consequences" is a reality with intelligent complex systems.
Well, that the US military will hook up all of their systems to a giant AI, it's an old movie trope. If you're old enough, you may remember that old War Games movie.

That's the thing about the current state of AI: it cannot "improve exponentially". In fact the opposite is true: it will take more and more complexity and computing resources to achieve more and more modest improvements. It will improve logarithmically. What none of these AI have is the capqcity to reason. They can emulate the results of someone else's reasoning, including pre-canned, smart-ass answers to philosophical questions about life, conscience and self-awareness (like that Sophia fraud), but they cannot express reasoning of their own, let alone conscience.

I know AI is a hot topic and those start-ups need to push their valuations to the stars. ChatGPT is the new Google and it's an immense improvement for a lot of information and knowledge discovery tasks. However, that it will suddent become sentient and take over the world, it's just a sci-fi scenario.

Now, given the times we live in, if then someone, maybe even the American government, wanted to use a "out of control AI" to execute a false-flag operation to pursue a nasty agenda, THEN I would not be surprised at all. THIS scenario is not only possible, but quite plausible. Some researchers would swear governments will start blaming aliens, since blaming viruses isn't "in" anymore. Why not an evil AI?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The sentience issue is a red hearing. There is no consciousness. It’s a sophisticated pattern matching algorithm. But the technology is powerful and is going to change society. That isn’t an exaggeration. That particular algorithm is logarithmic, but it is going to be consistently replaced by more powerful systems.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

ChatGPT is backward looking: it digests all the bullshit already posted on the internet, then excretes its own version of bullshit that echoes the majority opinion of shit previously posted. It can't predict anything that hasn't already been posted. Depending on how you phrase the question, "majority opinion" can be mainstream majority or majority opinion within some fringe group of conspiracy theorists.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that, because ChatGPT digests existing shit on the internet and because people then publish these ChatGPT excretions, ChatGPT will increasingly be digesting it's own excretions as time goes by. Expect the internet to get much worse as time goes on, especially for-profit sites, where companies will be incentived to use ChatGPT excretions versus paying a human to produce content.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

And now we have AI music:

AI reflects the modern crap of modern scum.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Chatgpt basically allows you to mine the knowledge of a database. So it is garbage in garbage out. I have found it to be a real time saver over a google search. But, also it can give incorrect answers, so due diligence is required.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
April 13th, 2023, 3:01 am
LOL the peak of disinformation!!

How can an AI that can only output text on a PC screen successfully bring the human race to extinction...

ARHARHARHARH! IMMA NOVEL YOU TO DEATH! :D
Well supposedly AI is gonna run all the world's computers, including the one that controls the microchip in you and your house and bank account and track your every move? lol. That's the fear. Lots of sci fi movies show such a dystopia where AI goes out of control remember?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note to everyone especially @galii:

If you are going to copy and paste replies from ChatGPT, like Gallii sometimes does, please mention that the text is from ChatGPT, otherwise people will mistakenly think that you wrote it, which is false and deceptive. So don't copy and paste from there and pretend it's your own post. You gotta notate your source. This is common sense. How is it that science worshippers like @galii don't have any common sense? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 2:54 pm
Well supposedly AI is gonna run all the world's computers, including the one that controls the microchip in you and your house and bank account and track your every move? lol. That's the fear. Lots of sci fi movies show such a dystopia where AI goes out of control remember?
It will never happen. What will probably happen is that TPTB will use "evil AI" as an excuse for a few massive false flag "incidents" that might change the world as we know it.

As a society, we lapped up enough Skynet and Matrix movies, so we will accept it as as fact.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Winston wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 2:56 pm
Note to everyone especially @galii:

If you are going to copy and paste replies from ChatGPT, like Gallii sometimes does, please mention that the text is from ChatGPT, otherwise people will mistakenly think that you wrote it, which is false and deceptive. So don't copy and paste from there and pretend it's your own post. You gotta notate your source. This is common sense. How is it that science worshippers like @galii don't have any common sense? lol
Why are you lying? I always write when I use AI. I also did it in my last case. Read properly. Reading properly is common sense. Why don't you flat earthers have common sense. lol.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@galii
@Lucas88

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... v1fYTKhczs

What do you think of this article talking about how ChatGPT has a political left wing bias?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.