Scoring Religions

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Scoring Religions

Post by fschmidt »

How would you score religions that you know on a scale of -10 to +10? A negative score means that you would prefer being isolated to joining that religious community, and a positive score means that you would prefer joining that religious community to being isolated. Here are my scores from lowest to highest:

Reform Judaism -10
Modern Protestantism -8
Atheism -7
Islam -5
Catholicism -2
Orthodox Judaism +1
Odinism (pagan) +2
Orthodox Christianity +3
Karaite Judaism +5

Please post how you would score the religions that you know.
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Zero_Tolerance_Man »

You sir sound like a member of the KKK. Another Jew hater. I don't give a sh!t if you hate Jews as long as I don't have to see it. Personally I think all organized religion is BS.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:You sir sound like a member of the KKK. Another Jew hater. I don't give a sh!t if you hate Jews as long as I don't have to see it.
Erm, actually, the dude is a Jew. You have got the wrong end of the stick.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Zero_Intelligence_Man, thank you for illustrating a correlation between opposition to organized religion and low intelligence.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

Cornfed wrote:
Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:You sir sound like a member of the KKK. Another Jew hater. I don't give a sh!t if you hate Jews as long as I don't have to see it.
Erm, actually, the dude is a Jew. You have got the wrong end of the stick.
Lol, he must've never seen fschmidt's posts to make that assertion.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

There is only one true religion -- Catholicism -- outside of which there is no salvation. All those religions listed above are false. Even the religion that people today call "Catholicism" is not Catholicism. It is the Vatican II sect. The true Catholic Church is only a remnant of its original self.

All those who choose to be members of false religions are condemned and barred from entering Heaven. There are no exceptions.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

FSchmidt, you didnt put Buddhism or Hinduism on the list.

Buddhism would get a positive score.

Mormonism would be a plus 10 if I wasn't a Christian.

I'm Catholic, more or less, but Catholicism is still only a 5, socially speaking.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester wrote:FSchmidt, you didnt put Buddhism or Hinduism on the list.
That is because I don't have enough personal experience with these to judge them.
Do you have enough personal experience with Mormonism to judge it? How did it produce a monster like Mitt Romney? Or is he just a freak exception?
I'm Catholic, more or less, but Catholicism is still only a 5, socially speaking.
Why do you prefer Catholicism to Orthodox Christianity?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

fschmidt wrote:
Do you have enough personal experience with Mormonism to judge it? How did it produce a monster like Mitt Romney? Or is he just a freak exception?
Why do you call Mitt Romney a monster? Is it because he never cheated on his wife and has been married to her since 1969? Or maybe it's because he is a successful businessman and everyone who has ever known him says he is extremely fair and ethical.

Maybe you hate him because he has done missionary work overseas for dozens of years and gives away millions of dollars to charity every year.

No rational, sane or intelligent person could ever call Mitt Romney a monster. The only people who don't like him are liberals, feminists and atheists.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

jamesbond wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Why do you call Mitt Romney a monster? Is it because he never cheated on his wife and has been married to her since 1969? Or maybe it's because he is a successful businessman and everyone who has ever known him says he is extremely fair and ethical.

Maybe you hate him because he has done missionary work overseas for dozens of years and gives away millions of dollars to charity every year.

No rational, sane or intelligent person could ever call Mitt Romney a monster. The only people who don't like him are liberals, feminists and atheists.
And Jews. They generally as a whole have an irrational, pathological hatred of gentiles.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

jamesbond wrote:Why do you call Mitt Romney a monster? Is it because he never cheated on his wife and has been married to her since 1969? Or maybe it's because he is a successful businessman and everyone who has ever known him says he is extremely fair and ethical.

jamesbond, I saw your other thread about the Puritans. I thought of responding, since it is all wrong, but I decided not to because someone so unfamiliar with the facts cannot be reasoned with. The only intelligent post in that thread was the one by OutWest. My feeling about Mitt Romney is much the same. The only reason someone wouldn't consider Mitt Romney to be a monster is lack of knowledge. (The same applies to Obama, of course.) So all I will say is do your own research.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

fschmidt wrote:My feeling about Mitt Romney is much the same. The only reason someone wouldn't consider Mitt Romney to be a monster is lack of knowledge. (The same applies to Obama, of course.) So all I will say is do your own research.
Why don't you all wise and knowing fschmidt give us your reasons for hating Mitt Romney? Is it because he is not Jewish like yourself?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

jamesbond wrote:Why don't you all wise and knowing fschmidt give us your reasons for hating Mitt Romney? Is it because he is not Jewish like yourself?
I think OutWest is also Jewish. So then I guess the Puritans must have been Jews because both OutWest and I like the Puritans.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

fschmidt wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Why don't you all wise and knowing fschmidt give us your reasons for hating Mitt Romney? Is it because he is not Jewish like yourself?
I think OutWest is also Jewish. So then I guess the Puritans must have been Jews because both OutWest and I like the Puritans.
You still have not answered my question as to why you hate Mitt Romeny. I guess you have no good reason to hate him, you only hate him because he is a Mormon.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

jamesbond wrote:You still have not answered my question as to why you hate Mitt Romeny. I guess you have no good reason to hate him, you only hate him because he is a Mormon.
It looks like we discussed this before. Romney's business practices were highly unethical. (Actually I have nothing against unethical business practices by themselves, but when one then proclaims one's commitment to the society that one screwed over, then one is a disgusting hypocrite.)