Core Questions I have about Christianity that are not addressed in any Christian books or websites

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Core Questions I have about Christianity that are not addressed in any Christian books or websites

Post by Winston »

3 Core Questions I have about Christianity that are not addressed in any Christian books or websites:

1. I've never understood why Christians assume that the Bible is perfect and infallible when it's obvious there are HUNDREDS of errors, contradictions, and discrepancies with it. Countless books and websites have listed them, including books from the 1800s, so I don't even need to go into them. Therefore this belief is 100 percent illogical and untrue. One has to be BRAINWASHED and under cult like mind control to believe such a thing. Their reason has to be hijacked, so that it serves their beliefs. No one naturally believes that any man made book is perfect or infallible of course. It has to be programmed into them artificially.

The only logical reason why such a completely illogical and untrue belief exists is to give the Christian church and religion AUTHORITY. Because without belief in Biblical inerrancy everything the Church and Bible says will have a question mark looming over it, and the institution of the Church cannot afford that, as it would undermind its foundation, legitimacy, and authority. There is no other logical reason for this absurd belief. Therefore it's about CONTROL and AUTHORITY of an institution, and the preservation of it, NOT about TRUTH.

2. I've never understood why Christians believe that God has to be perfect. Anyone who looks at this crazy world full of injustice and corruption, with nothing stopping it, can find a MILLION reasons why its Creator or God must be IMPERFECT. On the other hand, there are ZERO reasons why he must be perfect. It's merely an assumption ingrained in Christian tradition and theology. However a creator does NOT have to be perfect. For example, just because Bill Gates created Microsoft doesn't make him perfect. He can still be a bastard or asshole or do bad things. What Christians don't get is that even if the Creator of the Universe wrote the Bible himself and did everything in it that it says he did, that still would NOT make him perfect. Because a being that created this universe can still be a bastard or asshole or do bad things, just like any creator or owner or CEO in real life can. Even if such a being declared himself to be perfect, that would still not make it true, anymore than Billl Gates declaring himself perfect would make it true.

Furthermore, anyone can look at the Bible and see that the God depicted in it has severe character FLAWS and is anything but perfect. That's why alternative researchers nowadays posit that most likely, the God of the Old Testament if not made up, was just a powerful ancient alien like the Annunaki, perhaps Enki or Enlil in Sumerian legend. In other words, he was a god with a small g, not the creator of the cosmos. And he came here to control and enslave humanity. So he was a tyrant, not an all loving just perfect Creator.

The only logical reason why the assumption that God is perfect exists is because you will not feel like a "guilty sinner compared to a righteous God" without it. Because the Christian doctrine of atonement requires that you must be a "wicked guilty filthy sinner in need of redemption", but if God is flawed and imperfect and no better than us, then the doctrine cannot work of course. But it has no basis in fact, logic, or reason. It's about stripping away your self-worth so that you will need the salvation of the Church and its Gospel, otherwise it has no power or legitimacy. Again, you have to be BRAINWASHED and under cult like mind control to believe it, because it's not a natural belief. Ancient cultures usually saw the Gods as imperfect and full of virtues and vices, just like we are. This is true with the Greek and Roman pantheon of gods too.

You also cannot blame the imperfection of this world on mankind choosing to sin, as the Bible says, because the notion that a perfect world in the Garden of Eden was totally ruined just because the first humans took a bite out of a forbidden apple or fruit, is the most ludicrous thing you can ever imagine. It's beyond nonsensical. I'm surprised any sane mature adult would buy that. One would have to be brainwashed and has his/her reason hijacked to actually believe something like that. There's no other way. I'm sure deep down, most if not all Christians have struggled with this, because it's blatantly obvious, so they have to keep rationalizing it away, lest they lose their faith. Sadly, they must "defend the indefensible" in order to continue with their faith.

Any clear headed person can see there is no way period that a "perfect all loving all just God" could possibly be in control of this world. Therefore, the Christian model of reality is impossible. The only logical possibilities are:

A) God is both good and evil.
B) God is evil.
C) God is neutral and neither good or bad and doesn't care.
D) God is a Deist and is not involved in the affairs of this world, whether it's because he can't get involved or won't.
E) God is everything as described in Pantheism, Hinduism, and New Age paradigms. We are all part of God and therefore God is good and bad, good and evil, and everything in between.
F) God doesn't exist and something else created and manages this world or universe.

Personally I think the Pantheistic explanation is the most plausible and makes the most sense. That and Possibility A of course since it fits into it. Another way of stating it is that God is the collective aggregate of all living beings in the universe, a conclusion which most independent wise spiritual seekers come to after decades or a lifetime of searching for truth, and therefore has the most merit to me. Possibility F could be possible too, but that would entail a wide spectrum of possibilities to speculate on.

3. I've never understood why God needed MEN to write the Bible for him. Why would an all powerful God need to depend on dubious men to write his "authoritative and infallible eternal Word"? Why couldn't he just write it himself? I mean surely an all powerful God who can create stars, planets, and galaxies, and the human body, brain, and DNA, which is more complex than any supercomputer on Earth, can write a book himself? Or manifest it out of thin air, the way Q does on "Star Trek: The Next Generation"? If I were God, I certainly wouldn't want someone else writing my word for me. I would write it myself to make sure there were no errors. I would also certainly not have men write 66 books for me which are full of errors, contradictions, and discrepancies. And I certainly would not put stories in it that make myself look bad, like a horrible monster with a bad character who does bad things such as killing many innocent people over trivial matters. No that's the last thing I would do.

Ask yourself this: If you were writing your own book or autobiography, would you depend on others to do it for you? Would you ask others to write it for you if you could do it yourself? Of course you wouldn't unless your fingers are paralyzed and you need a secretary to dictate your book to. If someone needs others to write their book for them, then they must be handicapped or limited or restricted in some way right? Think about it. Either way, it means they are not some all powerful deity or God. If God can't do anything himself, including write a book, then how could he create stars, planets, galaxies, human beings, complex biological organisms, DNA, etc? So you see, none of this makes any sense if you think about it. But unfortunately people don't think, they just follow and conform, which is what society likes, for you to be a stupid conformist who only follows and conforms.

Christians have never explained this and they CANNOT possibly explain it of course. So they don't even bother trying. They just hope you will not think too much about such obvious things. Isn't the super obvious and super simple explanation here, that the Bible is simply NOT God's word, but Man's word, or Man's interpretation of God at least, through allegory and metaphor, which was then later used by the Roman Church as a way to control people and legitimize its authority as an institution? That's what wise, rational, clear thinking people come to conclude. And it makes perfect sense too. So why not just accept that? Why try to claim the impossible?

Also consider that "inspiration" is not the same as "dictation" and hence does not imply literalness or infallibility at all. Any writer or painter can feel inspired to write or paint something but that is merely THEIR own creative expression, not the work of Almighty God himself. In fact, nowhere in the Bible does it say that all 66 books are the exact literal word of God. There are a few verses that allude to "inspiration of scriptures" but they do not certainly claim what Christian dogmatists claim about it. So the BIble itself is not obsessed with inerrancy the way Evangelical Christians are. That's the irony. And again, even if it did say that, it wouldn't make it true anyway.

My theory on why Christians so easily accept absurd dogmas that make no sense and are so easily brainwashed into a cult that hijacks their reason and defies all logic:

I think deep down, the reason Christians are easy to brainwash into believing these extreme absurd dogmas which requires one to abandon their reason, is because they NEED their faith to be true and the sense of HOPE that it provides. They cannot accept a world of chaos, uncertainty, and unanswered questions. They are the kind of people who need certainty and hope, who need an authority to tell them what's true and what isn't, and set up clear lines and boundaries. They love black and white truths, because they make the world simple and clear cut and everything fits into a neat little box. That's what makes them psychologically comfortable. They cannot deal with a world full of anxiety, misery, suffering, mystery, without knowing why they are suffering. To them, that's like existential suicide, they cannot bear it. So they NEED these Christian dogmas and doctrines to be true and literal and absolute. They also need the HOPE that their faith provides, because without hope, they cannot go on. Even false hope is better than no hope. These are definitely major motivating factors in their beliefs and susceptibility to being brainwashed so easily into the cult of Christianity and its tempting offer to them from its Gospel of Salvation.

Another type of person who is drawn to Christianity is of course, those who are simple minded folks who want a simple explanation for everything, including God, the universe, and life, all wrapped up in a nutshell that is easy to understand. Christianity provides that of course. So it appeals to them. They are also literalists and want everything defined in black and white, which makes them feel safe and comfortable. These simple minded literalist type of folks are generally the type who are attracted to Christianity. Or they are attracted to it because it's part of their family background. There are only two reasons why a person chooses a religion: Either it resonates with them and speaks to their soul, or they grew up with it and is part of their heritage or family background.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Re: Core Questions I have about Christianity that are not addressed in any Christian books or websites

Post by Guhji »

"...they NEED their faith to be true and the sense of HOPE that it provides."

Does faith really provide any hope? Religion is like a blanket made out of newspaper. It covers your body but doesn't provide any warmth. You go to Church on Sunday to hear some words of encouragement but these words do nothing to stymie the tortuous grind that awaits you come Monday morning.

That said do you really hope to have some meaningful metaphysical discussion with the people on this message board? Go visit a divinity school and ask these questions to a professor there. I'm sure they'll make time for you...for a small donation lol.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Core Questions I have about Christianity that are not addressed in any Christian books or websites

Post by MrMan »

If God had men write holy scriptures for Him, that doesn't mean He 'needed' men to do so. But he uses others to do many things.

God delegates. He had spiritual entities handle various things. He has let them help make decisions. The watchers apparently decreed a decision related to Nebucadnezzer that he found about about through a dream, but the most high God made the decision. Other spiritual beings have suggested things to be done. He is going to make His wisdom know to principalities and powers through the church. So apparently some of these powerful spiritual beings are learning something through we human beings here living through all this stuff on the earth the way it is, as God prepares sons of God to be co-heirs with His unique Son, Who He sent into the world as a Man. After we are resurrected or transformed, if still alive at His coming, we will rule and reign with Him.

God allows redeemed human beings to participate with Him in prayer and in teaching other men about the good news of forgiveness from sin through Jesus Christ.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Guhji wrote:
September 23rd, 2021, 2:37 pm
"...they NEED their faith to be true and the sense of HOPE that it provides."

Does faith really provide any hope? Religion is like a blanket made out of newspaper. It covers your body but doesn't provide any warmth. You go to Church on Sunday to hear some words of encouragement but these words do nothing to stymie the tortuous grind that awaits you come Monday morning.

That said do you really hope to have some meaningful metaphysical discussion with the people on this message board? Go visit a divinity school and ask these questions to a professor there. I'm sure they'll make time for you...for a small donation lol.
It may not provide hope and comfort to you. But it has for millions throughout history. You can't speak for others. During slavery times it provided hope for black slaves. Of course humans need hope. Thats common sense. Why do you even dispute it?

Since the church cannot prove anything they have to give u hope based on faith. Whether that faith is based on false hope or true hope is a matter of debate. Probably the truth is somewhere in the middle or beyond. There is some circumstantial and anecdotal evidence for life after death. So the hope may not be completely false, just not literal like Christians assume.

No one else wonders about these things except me? There uses to be posters here who liked having deep metaphysical discussions. But they're not around anymore.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

It may not provide hope and comfort to you. But it has for millions throughout history. You can't speak for others. During slavery times it provided hope for black slaves. Of course humans need hope. Thats common sense. Why do you even dispute it?
Dispute what? I never said people didn't need hope to cope. But is the "hope" of any "help"? Christianity, at least in the US, is generally marketed as being both hopeful and helpful. You hope God will give you a beautiful partner, and He miraculously does precisely that. If I recall, religion gave a young, sexually frustrated, Winston Wu "hope", but it didn't really "help", did it? You eventually abandoned your burgeoning spirituality for the worldly pleasures of third world brothels lol.
No one else wonders about these things except me? There uses to be posters here who liked having deep metaphysical discussions. "But they're not around anymore."
Well why ask the questions when there's nobody around to answer them? You make my point for me smh.

If these spiritual issues are really meaningful to you, and they're not, you ought to be discussing them with at least a PhD in religious studies, and you won't, because you know full well that someone with expert knowledge would poke holes in your flimsy arguments.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Guhji wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 10:12 am
Dispute what? I never said people didn't need hope to cope. But is the "hope" of any "help"? Christianity, at least in the US, is generally marketed as being both hopeful and helpful. You hope God will give you a beautiful partner, and He miraculously does precisely that. If I recall, religion gave a young, sexually frustrated, Winston Wu "hope", but it didn't really "help", did it? You eventually abandoned your burgeoning spirituality for the worldly pleasures of third world brothels lol.
No one else wonders about these things except me? There uses to be posters here who liked having deep metaphysical discussions. "But they're not around anymore."
Well why ask the questions when there's nobody around to answer them? You make my point for me smh.

If these spiritual issues are really meaningful to you, and they're not, you ought to be discussing them with at least a PhD in religious studies, and you won't, because you know full well that someone with expert knowledge would poke holes in your flimsy arguments.
Well asking these questions without answers makes him special. That way he can satisfy his narcissm. Nothing wrong with it. I do it too though it is a bit pathetic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Guhji wrote:

What do you mean "any help"? Obviously religion has some value or else people would not stick to it or be passionate about it. Sure it may be a psychological band aid, but to some it is very meaningful and resonates and awakens part of their soul they didn't know existed. Why are you so shallow? Are you a bot? Why can't you think deeper? Or feel deeper? You never had a profound spiritual experience have you?

Does a good therapist help? Not much but he or she can provide some good coping skills and guide you to self insight or self-realization. They cannot solve your problems of course. But as they say in Zen "No mind, no problem". Many problems can be solved just by forgetting them, which is true, but too simple for modern people.

Sometimes prayers do get answered. And incurable diseases do get healed. Like in the movie "Miracles from Heaven" which is a true story. Ask MrMan or Neo. There are prayers that are too specific and customized to be chance. They may not be from God, could be just telepathic power reaching out to the collective consciousness for a little help. Or one's innate psychic abilities. Or a little help from guardian angels and spirit guides. Do you know nothing about spirituality? Why you so dumb? If you are ignorant you shouldn't be commenting at all. Doing so only makes yourself look bad.

In my experience, prayers are only answered if you ask for something that's meant to be and that the universe agrees with. It doesn't alter your destiny.

I ask these questions because they are unanswerable which proves my point that these belief systems are illogical and false and only metaphorically true. So I am proving my point. Plus whenever I need to, I can refer to these threads and copy and paste them. My mind is super active and I need to get all these points down before I forget them. So this forum is like a scratch pad to me or notepad. Also I plan to put all these long posts and organized points and arguments and dissertations into a book or ebook or as new articles for a philosophical website. Multiple reasons.

Why you so dense? Just because my mind is active and yours is not, annoys you?

What do you mean "flimsy arguments"? No way. Wanna bet? These are not flimsy at all. They are irrefutable and impossible to answer. Even you can see that. If they are flimsy why don't you answer them? You can't. DUH. You just shot yourself in the foot and made yourself look stupid. No offense, but true.

A PhD can poke holes? Wanna bet? I seen the best PhD's on YouTube in debates and they are far less logical than me. I could easily kill them in a debate. Guaranteed. I'd put money on it. I seen all the best PhD's already. They have no answers to these questions. They do not even address them in their books. That's how unique my questions are. No one asks them and no one answers them, because they are too logical and humans are stupid and all they do is conform and follow. That's why my questions are unique. None of the best Christian FAQ books address them at all. Look them up and you will see. See the book "Answers" by Josh McDowell, it addresses none of my logical core questions. It only addresses superficial questions. You should be more appreciative of my unique logic that no one else dares to touch.

I do plan to engage Christian Apologists with PhDs. Such as Dr. William Lane Craig or Dr. JP Moreland or Dr. Frank Turek, and others. They claim to be super knowledgeable and able to answer any questions. When all my core questions are done, I will send these to them and issue a challenge to them. There are also many Christian FAQ sites like www.gotquestions.org and www.answersingenesis.org and www.reasonablefaith.org. So these PhD's you're talking about do have websites that I can engage with and ask these questions. I don't need to find a PhD in person to ask these questions to. They are online and available to the public. Didn't you know that? Duh.

For example, this Christian site claims to have answered over 600,000 questions about the Bible:

https://www.gotquestions.org

None of those 600,000 questions are like mine of course. That's why my questions are unique yet simple and logical. Because I have a knack for seeing obvious things that everyone misses. Go do the research and see. You will slap yourself in the face when you see that the most simple logical questions are not asked or answered, because normal people are stupid and can only ask the most superficial questions. Very true. Not bragging at all. It's true. People cannot think. All they can do is conform.

Why you so dumb? You don't seem to know anything. So act humble. Don't make false arguments. I'm way ahead of you and have considered everything on all sides. I know where the achilles heel is, that's why I am pouncing on it. Notice that even knowledgeable Christians like MrMan and Neo cannot answer my questions.

Btw FYI I have confronted Christian ministers before in person with tough questions, even my youth pastor once. They all get scared and change the subject or start insulting me, because they cannot win on the points or issues and are not prepared to debate anyone. So I totally whipped them of course. All they could do is panic and change the subject. So yes I do kill people in debate. Not to brag, but I have. It's true. I swear. Asking tough questions that people can't answer is something I definitely have a knack for. I've shown that time and time again on this forum. It's obvious. So what's your problem?

Stop trying to shame me or put me down without basis. You're just being an ass. You got no logical arguments. You're just being a dick. Stop it please. If you have nothing of substance to add, then don't bother. Otherwise you're wasting my time.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 10:41 am
Guhji wrote:

Well asking these questions without answers makes him special. That way he can satisfy his narcissm. Nothing wrong with it. I do it too though it is a bit pathetic.
I wouldn't call it narcissism. It's more like a passion for truth in showing that these rigid beliefs like religious fundamentalism and atheism, are false and easy to debunk with simple logical arguments. Yet even PhD's on YouTube in debates miss them all. I don't know why. I often wonder if everyone is just a program and cannot think. If so, why am I different? Am I the only real soul here or am I in a dream and everyone is just a creation of my unconscious mind? I gotta wonder. Nothing makes sense in this world. Everything is illogical.

You do it too? How? Where are your logical questions that no one can answer? Can I see some? You only seem to judge and criticize, like a movie critic, but you never think or ponder like a philosopher or existentialist.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
September 23rd, 2021, 6:05 pm
If God had men write holy scriptures for Him, that doesn't mean He 'needed' men to do so. But he uses others to do many things.

God delegates. He had spiritual entities handle various things. He has let them help make decisions. The watchers apparently decreed a decision related to Nebucadnezzer that he found about about through a dream, but the most high God made the decision. Other spiritual beings have suggested things to be done. He is going to make His wisdom know to principalities and powers through the church. So apparently some of these powerful spiritual beings are learning something through we human beings here living through all this stuff on the earth the way it is, as God prepares sons of God to be co-heirs with His unique Son, Who He sent into the world as a Man. After we are resurrected or transformed, if still alive at His coming, we will rule and reign with Him.

God allows redeemed human beings to participate with Him in prayer and in teaching other men about the good news of forgiveness from sin through Jesus Christ.
But MrMan, if you were writing your own book, would you depend on others to do it for you? Would you ask others to write it for you if you could do it yourself? Very simple question. Think about it. Of course you wouldn't unless your fingers are paralyzed and you need a secretary to dictate your book to. If someone needs others to write their book for them, then they must be handicapped or limited or restricted in some way right? Think about it. Either way, that means they are not some all powerful deity or God. Either way you lose right?

If God can't do anything himself, how could he create stars, planets, galaxies and human beings and complex biological organisms and DNA, etc? So you see, nothing makes any sense if you think about it. Do you ever think? Isn't your reason made to serve your beliefs? That's how most people are. Once they have beliefs, that's all they see and it filters their perception.

Have you considered that perhaps the Bible is simply NOT God's word, but Man's word, or Man's interpretation of God at least, through allegory and metaphor, which was then later used by the Roman Church as a way to control people and legitimize its authority as an institution? That's what wise, rational, clear thinking people come to conclude. And it makes perfect sense too. So why not just accept that? Why try to claim the impossible?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another type of person who is drawn to Christianity is of course, those who are simple minded folks who want a simple explanation for everything, including God, the universe, and life, all wrapped up in a nutshell that is easy to understand. Christianity provides that of course. So it appeals to them. They are also literalists and want everything defined in black and white, which makes them feel safe and comfortable. These simple minded literalist type of folks are generally the type who are attracted to Christianity. Or they are attracted to it because it's part of their family background. There are only two reasons why a person chooses a religion: Either it resonates with them and speaks to their soul, or they grew up with it and is part of their heritage or family background.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw @Guhji,
If you wanna put your false claims to the test, then I challenge you to contact America's top Christian apologist with a PhD, Dr. William Lane Craig, and ask him to address my 3 questions above. His website and contact info is at: www.reasonablefaith.org

I'll bet you money he cannot answer my questions with any logic or rationality. He will dismiss them like MrMan does and go into some hyperbole tangent or red herring. PhD's are not as smart as you think, at least not in theology. I listened to the top ones on YouTube so I know. So you are definitely wrong about this. A PhD guy is just a memorization machine, not a true independent critical thinker.

You seem to worship authority like Christians and Atheists do. You seem to think academics are smarter than others, when they are not. Why don't you respect the genuine independent freethinker like me, who has no agenda or profit motive? Those are the types I trust the most.

You seem to forget something Guhji. I've studied this topic all my life. I never had any social life growing up. So I know this topic like the back of my hand. I know all the nooks and crannies and ins and outs. I know all the pros and cons and where all the achilles heels are. Can you say the same for yourself? If not, why are you debating me when you don't know the topic as well as I do? This has nothing to do with intelligence. I've studied this topic all my life so I know it very well of course, naturally. That's what you would expect if someone studied something all their life.

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 9:36 pm
Gali wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 10:41 am
Guhji wrote:

I wouldn't call it narcissism. It's more like a passion for truth in showing that these rigid beliefs like religious fundamentalism and atheism, are false and easy to debunk with simple logical arguments. Yet even PhD's on YouTube in debates miss them all. I don't know why. I often wonder if everyone is just a program and cannot think. If so, why am I different? Am I the only real soul here or am I in a dream and everyone is just a creation of my unconscious mind? I gotta wonder. Nothing makes sense in this world. Everything is illogical.

You do it too? How? Where are your logical questions that no one can answer? Can I see some? You only seem to judge and criticize, like a movie critic, but you never think or ponder like a philosopher or existentialist.
Same reason why I just do not see a reason to discuss things with a guy who thinks that he is Napoleon.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No Gali. You have nothing to discuss. No logical arguments to support your views. All you do is critique like a movie critic. Useless. You have no ideas or theories of your own and no answers. So like a communist liberal you believe in bringing everyone down to your level. Typical atheist. Roberto does the same. Communist mindset. You try to suppress self-expression. Very sick and sad.

It doesn't matter if I think I am Napoleon or not. Either way, you have NOTHING to contribute except insults. No ideas, no substance, no theories, no originality, no freethought. Nothing. No offense but your own posts reveal this. Your fault. You add nothing and only try to bring down others. Very toxic.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ATTENTION:

From now on guys if you having NOTHING to contribute to a discussion, then don't bother coming to a discussion just to throw some cheap subjective insults. That's very petty and shallow and small minded and toxic. And USELESS too. All it does it pick a fight and make you look like a dick. You guys should know better. Otherwise I'm gonna have to start issuing warnings on your account. I don't like to do that, but some of you guys are pricks and arguing about nothing and wasting my time. If you have nothing useful or substantive or meaningful to say to add to the discussion, then don't bother. Don't click on threads just to throw insults. That's childish and bad behavior. Mature adults should know better.

If you wish to debate something, then do it like this:

"I disagree with this point you made. Here is why:

1. Reason A.
2. Reason B.
3. Reason C."

You see, that's how you politely disagree in an intelligent manner guys. Don't you know that? I thought you guys were intellectuals and freethinkers here. I guess I'm wrong. Not just throw cheap insults and ad hominem attacks that are useless. If you can't debate rationally then don't bother please. If you guys have a need to bring down others, then the problem is you and you need to look at yourself. Wise, strong, confident people don't need to throw personal insults like that. They can debate ideas without getting personal.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 9:41 pm
But MrMan, if you were writing your own book, would you depend on others to do it for you? Would you ask others to write it for you if you could do it yourself? Very simple question. Think about it.
I definitely want a spell checker and copy editor. I don't want to do that by myself. I don't have time. I would need more patience for that sort of thing, and I am too prone to procrastination. But I'm not God. My motivations would be different from His.

You have never been the most powerful Being, originator of all things. You probably don't have the same drive to create a community of trustworthy powerful beings to be your family. God also has reasons we do not know for the way He does things. Since He is God, He may do things as He chooses.

You also do not seem to take into account the idea of how inspiration works, either.
Of course you wouldn't unless your fingers are paralyzed and you need a secretary to dictate your book to. If someone needs others to write their book for them, then they must be handicapped or limited or restricted in some way right? Think about it. Either way, that means they are not some all powerful deity or God. Either way you lose right?
No, it may mean you need to exercise your logical thinking skills more. If you wouldn't have someone write a book or help you with it, that doesn't mean God wouldn't. If the only reasons you would ask for help are paralyzed fingers, etc., that doesn't mean that those would be God's reasons. Not everyone thinks like you or wants what you want. Why would God? Sure you can see how God as described in the Bible has some different priorities and desires than you have, right?
If God can't do anything himself, how could he create stars, planets, galaxies and human beings and complex biological organisms and DNA, etc?
Faulty reasoning. You haven't established any support for the 'God can't' line of reasoning. False premise.
So you see, nothing makes any sense if you think about it. Do you ever think?
Think more deeply. Not everyone wants the same thing you want.

Have you considered that perhaps the Bible is simply NOT God's word, but Man's word, or Man's interpretation of God at least, through allegory and metaphor, which was then later used by the Roman Church as a way to control people and legitimize its authority as an institution? That's what wise, rational, clear thinking people come to conclude. And it makes perfect sense too. So why not just accept that? Why try to claim the impossible?
Have you considered that God inspired men, prophetically, to write scripture? The Bible has a lot of allegory. God told Moses he would speak to prophets through visions, dreams, and dark sayings. Plenty of rulers have used the Bible and other aspects of religion to control people. That doesn't make religion false.