Christianity vs Atheism vs Spirituality

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Christianity vs Atheism vs Spirituality

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 1:01 am
As for the concept of sacrifice in the context of animals and Jesus the purpose of both was to atone for sin was it not? I am not making up the rules, I am simply questioning the logic of the sacrifice of Jesus. Wasn't Jesus betrayed by Judas? This implies that maybe Jesus himself didn't intend to be sacrificed did he? And the people who murdered Jesus by nailing him to the cross did not intend to kill him as a sacrifice to atone for sin. They wanted to murder him. That was their intention. So the idea of Jesus sacrificing himself to atone for the sin of humanity does not make sense from a logical standpoint given what we know about the concept of sacrifice and its meaning.
Jesus performed many great miracles. He could have called 10,000 angels, but instead chose to fulfil the plan that had already been prophesied about Him in the Old Testament scriptures.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 1:01 am
I don't condone animal sacrifice at all, whether it is Hindus or Old Testament Christians or some Pagans. Whoever is doing it I think it is a barbaric practice. I think it is kind of okay, I guess, if the animal is sacrificed to a deity and then is eaten by the family or something like that. At least then it didn't die to atone for some perceived sin or to appease a god which never explicitly asked for said sacrifice. It's when animals are sacrificed and then just burned as a ritual offering I just don't see the point of it. I feel like the animals were killed for nothing.
I also find animal sacrifice utterly barbaric due to my own moral conscience. I could never condone it regardless of who was doing it because I respect animal life and would never want to harm any creature unless I really had no other choice (e.g., self-defense). If some purported god or angelic being asked me to perform an animal sacrifice - whether it be through direct psychic communication or a human intermediary such as a priest or a self-styled prophet - I would simply assume that the entity demanding the animal sacrifice was some kind of evil demonic being masquerading as a god or an angel. I'd immediately run for the hills because such a despicable request reeks of diabolism. Abrahamists, whose religions include blood sacrifice, never question whether the deity whom they worship really is a benevolent god or the true creator. They take biblical assertions at face value and without skepticism. It never seems to occur to them that Yahweh could be a demonic impostor and that they could be unknowingly worshiping a malevolent being who is not really god at all. What is ironic is that Christians often accuse other religions of being demonic creations but they never stop to think that their own religion could be a demonically inspired deception and simply make all kinds of excuses for the morally questionable practices in the Old Testament.

Many Christians don't have much of a moral compass at all. They mostly employ double standards. Those Christians are like mafia goons who sell themselves to the biggest cosmic gangster in exchange for the promise of protection and some form of wealth and then just turn a blind eye to all of that supernatural mafioso's evil deeds. If a Hindu or a Canaanite sacrifices an animal to their own cosmic gangster that's an evil sin but when the Old Testament Jews do it or commit some other atrocity, then it's fine because "our cosmic gangster is bigger than yours"! Meanwhile anybody who refuses to support the Jewdeo-Christian cosmic gangster's mafia or who dares to question its practices due to their own non-criminal moral compass becomes a marked man on mafia turf.

I think that @Outcast9428 has a more developed moral conscience than the typical evangelical. He identifies as Christian (presumably because, unlike myself, he finds value and moral inspiration in the ethical teachings of Jesus) but at the same time he rightfully condemns the animal sacrifice of the Old Testament as an evil practice and, if I have understood him correctly, rejects the OT god Yahweh as a demonic impostor for his evil behavior (or at least believes that the atrocities committed in Yahweh's name are evil Jewish practices). He doesn't give the Jews a free pass either. Outcast is in a way putting into practice the hypothetical situation that I outlined in my initial paragraph. He seems to have questioned the nature of the entity who demands animal sacrifice in the OT and judged it by its fruits which in this case are particularly disturbing.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

Got somethun here for you fellas!!
@Poxel--Dude and @Lucas88 who are the spiritual hippy tree hugging duo in this thread
And ofcthe god squad who consist of faghots and gayboys @MrMan @Outcast9428 @Cornfed
I would like to tag an ally to this thread who is a man of science and someone who earned my respect already!!!
Hes a dockter
Hes got a huge pair of balls!!
Hes not a delusional fool!
Hes @HouseMD fella! What you got to say to these hippy losers and the flock of mindless biblethumoer???
:lol:
I got this article you fellas should read!!!
Eh...
Youll like this one
https://bgr.com/science/scientists-crea ... xperiment/
Science creates matter from nothing
Proving that god or some intelligent creator is not necessary and likely doesnt exist at all when we combine this knowledge with what we know about Big Bang and theory of evolution
You die hard basketcases can try and talk about how evolution doesnt exist but in reality you monkeys just aint experienced its effects :lol:
BWAHAHAHAHHA
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 2:42 pm
@Poxel--Dude and @Lucas88 who are the spiritual hippy tree hugging duo in this thread
And ofcthe god squad who consist of faghots and gayboys @MrMan @Outcast9428 @Cornfed
I think you are confusing us with other members of the forum. I can't speak for the other two posters, but I have never had sex with a biological male. You shouldn't be calling men gayboys or faghots.
Youll like this one
Proving that god or some intelligent creator is not necessary and likely doesnt exist at all when we combine this knowledge with what we know about Big Bang and theory of evolution
How does this experiment prove anything of the sort? If nothing existed... what about the graphene needed to produce the particles? If there are quantum fields and gravity, is that really 'nothing'. Who made that?

And couldn't you find a real article--- with the author, title, maybe some key words, preferably a DOI number so we could look up the actual scientific article on Google Scholar or some other platform? I might take a look at an abstract.

Was the experiment repeated by numerous others who replicated it? If it is not, I would be concerned about their experiment getting contaminated with particles floating in. I have heard that scientists found evidence of 8 dimensions. I'd wonder also if what they were doing nudged a particle from another dimension.

And by 'dimension' I do not mean a comic book multiverse parallel world. Length, height, and width are dimensions.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

MrMan wrote:
November 12th, 2022, 11:24 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
I think you are confusing us with other members of the forum. I can't speak for the other two posters, but I have never had sex with a biological male. You shouldn't be calling men gayboys or faghots.
Youll like this one
How does this experiment prove anything of the sort? If nothing existed... what about the graphene needed to produce the particles? If there are quantum fields and gravity, is that really 'nothing'. Who made that?

And couldn't you find a real article--- with the author, title, maybe some key words, preferably a DOI number so we could look up the actual scientific article on Google Scholar or some other platform? I might take a look at an abstract.

Was the experiment repeated by numerous others who replicated it? If it is not, I would be concerned about their experiment getting contaminated with particles floating in. I have heard that scientists found evidence of 8 dimensions. I'd wonder also if what they were doing nudged a particle from another dimension.

And by 'dimension' I do not mean a comic book multiverse parallel world. Length, height, and width are dimensions.
Gravity is a natural law which is dictated by mass of an object which creates its own gravitational field
It has nothing to do with a creator or anything like that
Natural laws like gravity have no need of a creator and so the universe can have been created from nothing...
There are several experiments that show matter can create itself from nothing....
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
November 14th, 2022, 11:57 am
MrMan wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
Youll like this one

Gravity is a natural law which is dictated by mass of an object which creates its own gravitational field
Natural laws like gravity have no need of a creator and so the universe can have been created from nothing...
There are several experiments that show matter can create itself from nothing....
Do you have a link to the actual papers, as opposed to a paragraph on a page full of ads? What other experiment was done on this topic?

Was the experiment duplicated by others? Is graphene necessary to make the photons appear? Obviously some intelligent beings set the experiment up.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hilarious joke about atheists that someone sent me:

"An atheist was seated next to a dusty old cowboy on an airplane and he turned to him and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The old cowboy, who had just started to read his book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. “How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?” as he smiled smugly.

“Okay,” he said. “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?”

The atheist, visibly surprised by the old cowboy's intelligence, thinks about it and says, “Hmmm, I have no idea.”

To which the cowboy replies, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don’t know shit?”"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

MrMan wrote:
November 14th, 2022, 1:29 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
MrMan wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
Youll like this one

Do you have a link to the actual papers, as opposed to a paragraph on a page full of ads? What other experiment was done on this topic?

Was the experiment duplicated by others? Is graphene necessary to make the photons appear? Obviously some intelligent beings set the experiment up.
The scientists created the conditions for the experiment but then matter created itself from nothing
We have scientific evidence that matter can create itself from nothing
We also have background radiation which supports the big bang theory
The theory of evolution
All of which perfectly explain how the universe was created and it can be created from nothing
And also that advanced beings can evolve from simple creatures
Theres a dusty old book that is the only evidence that exists to support the idea of sky fairys and fairy tales
We have no evidence that god exists
No evidence that any gods exist at all
Well....
Except me ofc :lol:
Fella
We are just living inside an explosion in space
Apparently when an explosion explodes hard enough dust wakes up and thinks about its self
Even thems who wrote the bible said we are dust and dust we shall return....
Sorry fella
No gods here
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
November 17th, 2022, 3:30 pm
MrMan wrote:
November 14th, 2022, 1:29 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
MrMan wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
Youll like this one

The scientists created the conditions for the experiment but then matter created itself from nothing
Gravity and forms of energy are not really 'nothing.' They aren't matter, but they are something. If some of these fields can be changed into matter, so what? That doesn't affect my faith. The universe is much more complicated in it's design than subatomic particles.

That's also only one possible explanation. There is, of course, the idea that their experiment could have been contaminated. These particles are incredibly small. Just one little leak and it is contamination. Some experiments are duplicated multiple times. In some fields, this is the norm, and a paper may have lots and lots of names on it, including names of various scientists who replicated the experiment. Where is the link to the actual paper? I haven't found it in Google scholar. The ad page you linked to did not seem very scholarly.

Something to keep in mind about science, including social science, articles is that professional, trained journalists often misstate and overstate the results of a study. They are often trained in journalism, not scientific research methodology, so they do not always know what they are talking about.

What if the matter came from somewhere that we cannot detect, and their experiment opened up that to happen. I have heard that physicists have come up with evidence for eight dimensions. And by that I mean dimensions like length, width, and height are dimensions, not sci-fi parallel worlds. We can only detect three dimensions of space.

But you have scientists setting up the conditions. Do you think someone was around to manipulate graphene plates in ages past to form some subatomic particles out of various forms of energy?
We have scientific evidence that matter can create itself from nothing
That does not sound like an accurate description of the experiment, which assumes certain forces were present, and scientists doing something with graphene particles.
We also have background radiation which supports the big bang theory
Evidence of a moment of creation from radiation from right after the first moment of creation?
Theres a dusty old book that is the only evidence that exists to support the idea of sky fairys and fairy tales
We have no evidence that god exists
Creation. I'd venture to guess you know relatively little about what is in the book.

Here is a video you might find interesting, an interview with an astrophysicist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3yOkG6z228

Here is another video from him that discusses the big bang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjo2sie8t0