The Greek Orthodox are right

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Greek Orthodox are right

Post by Cornfed »

Since I was offline for the weekend I took the time to read about the different versions of Christianity. It is pretty clear that the Orthodox position is the authentic one with later revisions being completely unreasonable.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: The Greek Orthodox are right

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 1:09 pm
Since I was offline for the weekend I took the time to read about the different versions of Christianity. It is pretty clear that the Orthodox position is the authentic one with later revisions being completely unreasonable.
What makes it any different? How is it more empirical? Aren't all denominations just based on nothing but faith?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Greek Orthodox are right

Post by Cornfed »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 1:25 pm
Cornfed wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 1:09 pm
What makes it any different? How is it more empirical? Aren't all denominations just based on nothing but faith?
It is true to the brand. If the people instructed by Jesus and those instructed by them set up successful churches in various parts of the world that are largely on the same page on major issues then their religion is by definition Christianity and anything else, whatever its merits, is something different. Of course the later takes did not have much merit. For example, the idea of sola scriptura, where you take a small part of the literature of the early church as the word of God but then reject everything else about the early church, including their interpretation of their own literature, is retarded. The idea of Reform Christians like Zwingli and Calvin that everyone should form their own conclusions on the Bible but anyone who comes to different conclusions from them should be killed also leaves a bit to be desired.