How come Catholic countries are friendlier/warmer than Protestant countries?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

How come Catholic countries are friendlier/warmer than Protestant countries?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you noticed that Catholic countries such as Latin America, the Philippines, Mediterranean Europe, etc. are more friendly, warm, and vivacious than Protestant countries like America, England, and Taiwan, which are much more cold and uptight and prudish? Why is that?

This begs the question: Maybe Luther's Reformation against the Vatican was a bad thing? Does Catholicism make people more friendly, warm, inclusive and less uptight? If so, why? In contrast, the Puritans and Pilgrims, which American Christians praise, didn't seem like any fun to be around, that's for sure. Does this mean Catholicism is better or more genuine if people who are more genuine and lively like in Latin America, prefer it over the Protestant, fundamentalist, evangelical type of Christianity, which fanatical Americans are attracted to?

What do you think @publicduende? Any idea? Is this true of Italy too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How come Catholic countries are friendlier/warmer than Protestant countries?

Post by Yohan »

Not true, about personal contact you need only to check out my own native country, especially women, regardless their age.
Christianity orientated countries are often also strongly pro-feminist, do not expect any nice welcome as a man.

I don't think there is much difference between those Christian countries because of Catholic or Protestant faith. The same.

Countries where you find Christianity as the major religious orientation are also prone to street criminality - worldwide.
Check out Italy, Philippines, South Africa, Brazil etc.

Muslim countries, Buddhist countries, even atheist orientated countries are much safer - if religion really plays such a role.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: How come Catholic countries are friendlier/warmer than Protestant countries?

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Yohan wrote:
November 21st, 2023, 3:51 am
Not true, about personal contact you need only to check out my own native country, especially women, regardless their age.
Christianity orientated countries are often also strongly pro-feminist, do not expect any nice welcome as a man.

I don't think there is much difference between those Christian countries because of Catholic or Protestant faith. The same.

Countries where you find Christianity as the major religious orientation are also prone to street criminality - worldwide.
Check out Italy, Philippines, South Africa, Brazil etc.

Muslim countries, Buddhist countries, even atheist orientated countries are much safer - if religion really plays such a role.
Right because let's just pretend Muslims are nicer, nevermind the fact they behead mfers if they offend their shit religion will back hand their women for practically any reason.
And that Isalmic guy that went on a shooting spree in Sweden when they were burning the Quaran.
Muslims are chaotic assholes once they make up a large enough percentage of a population. You obviously haven't seen how bad it is in Sweden with them and them North African mfers over there raping and even blowing up shit.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 21st, 2023, 5:58 am
Right because let's just pretend Muslims are nicer, nevermind the fact they behead mfers if they offend their shit religion will back hand their women for practically any reason.
And that Isalmic guy that went on a shooting spree in Sweden when they were burning the Quaran.
Muslims are chaotic assholes once they make up a large enough percentage of a population. You obviously haven't seen how bad it is in Sweden with them and them North African mfers over there raping and even blowing up shit.
I did not say, Muslims are nicer - I said in Muslim countries you are quite safe regarding street criminality.

If any person is doing what this crazy Muslim did in Belgium with 2 Swedish citizens, in Muslim countries he would be executed within a few days for his crime.

It is the Western do-gooder justice, which protects criminals more than their victims and releases most criminals after a few years in jail - while the jail is somehow similar to a stay in a holiday camp.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 5:17 pm
Have any of you noticed that Catholic countries such as Latin America, the Philippines, Mediterranean Europe, etc. are more friendly, warm, and vivacious than Protestant countries like America, England, and Taiwan, which are much more cold and uptight and prudish? Why is that?

This begs the question: Maybe Luther's Reformation against the Vatican was a bad thing? Does Catholicism make people more friendly, warm, inclusive and less uptight? If so, why? In contrast, the Puritans and Pilgrims, which American Christians praise, didn't seem like any fun to be around, that's for sure. Does this mean Catholicism is better or more genuine if people who are more genuine and lively like in Latin America, prefer it over the Protestant, fundamentalist, evangelical type of Christianity, which fanatical Americans are attracted to?

I have heard other people say the same thing. It does seem as if the catholic countries have friendlier and more accepting people than the protestant countries do. Latin American countries and the Philippines have much warmer and friendlier people than the people in the UK, Canada or the USA.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."