Did Jesus go to India or Britain during his missing years and after his crucifixion?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did Jesus go to India or Britain during his missing years and after his crucifixion?

Post by MrMan »

I got tagged here. I see the title and I think, "What missing years?" Those who knew Him knew that He ascended.

I haven't seen the videos here. I have heard the Jesus in India theory-- thousands of years later by revisionist historians. I did have a professor of Indian descent who mentioned the idea of Jesus going to India to get the power to do what he did. Apparently he believed India had mystical power. He was talking about earlier on. I found the idea offensive. I'm not saying Hinduism can't have some power, but I find the idea that Jesus would have had anything to do with the other spirits behind Hinduism, as opposed to Yahweh doing the works through Him to be offensive.

It also seemed a bit ethnocentric for the professor to think the demons his forebears worshipped were the only ones who could do miracles.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did Jesus go to India or Britain during his missing years and after his crucifixion?

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 5:38 pm
Great 2 hour vintage documentary about Jesus in India. It looks like something from the 70s or 80s with that vintage look.

I'm overwhelmed with work for a few more days. How many hours of video are recommended on this thread?

It sounds rather far-fetched that Christ went to Japan, especially in 40 days after the resurrections before His ascension.

I think Jesus is so famous, that countries want to claim He visited them in the flesh-- the British Isles, India, Japan.