Land Hacking

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
rudder
Junior Poster

Land Hacking

Post by rudder »

What do you all think of putting some fancy tents on a picturesque property and charging money for travellers to come and do glamping?
This guy has a pretty decent youtube channel.

Is anyone on this forum doing something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4W5kiSPPWI

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

rudder
Junior Poster

Re: Land Hacking

Post by rudder »

Why not to start a glamping business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64B595X1SLo
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I get the sense that these gurus are selling their courses and consulting and whatnot, because they've tried glamping and then realized what a hassle it is to clean out someone's poop bucket.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It seems like how you would make well-situated property you already owned pay rather than something you would invest in from scratch.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Cornfed wrote:
June 23rd, 2023, 1:27 pm
It seems like how you would make well-situated property you already owned pay rather than something you would invest in from scratch.
I'm thinking about doing it in rural latin america. I own a very beautiful property with a good panorama of tall tropical rainforest mountains. Pretty unique site actually. It also has easy access to a creek. Also possible to gravity flow spring water to a tank near where I'd put the safari tents. Was thinking it would be better to keep it cheap and target locals. No need to invest a lot to target the occasional foreigner when the traffic here is almost exclusively locals going to a locally famous swimming hole. I'm amazed at the prices in the US like $125 per night to stay in someones tiny pod trailer outside Moab, UT.
I'd be lucky if I could get people to cough up $20 in this part of the world. The local latinos are pretty much all cheapskates and the foreign travellers are probably 90% hippy backpacker types. So cheaper is better in this context. The property isn't close to any gringo tourist hotspots, but I suppose there is still the possibility of targeting more biologist types such as bird watching groups.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Glamping is a great idea but for that you need a little bit more than a fence to do a proper glamping. First of all you need to build proper facilities (shower, toilet, kitchen maybe). For that i would contact stone coat countertops customer service probably. Besides that you need some proper tents and also lots of stuff for inside the tents to make them cozy. Normally i would expect a proper mattress inside the tent