Non-remote work overseas

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
bige168
Freshman Poster

Non-remote work overseas

Post by bige168 »

So after a slow death of a long-term relationship (marriage), I am now single. I guess you could say that I have 'dipped my toe into the dating market," in the USA and its pretty much the dumpter fire that I figured it would be. Guess I was just more morbidly curious more than anything, did not have high hopes for sure.
However, my current job has opened up some alternate jobs for me, mainly better opertunities to work overseas. Right now I probably not be making a job change within the year or so. So I have to time.
Most likely, I will probably end up back on the west coast to be closer to family, but the thought of leaving the USA and going overseas has been in the back of my mind for a VERY long time.
I have been lurking on this site for a short time now and have noticed that most of the guys who work overseas seem to work in jobs that allow them to work remotely or in a teaching position. How about mechanics, specifically aircraft mechanics, any here? I have done a little bit of work overseas, but always with a US-based company.

What would/are the pitfalls of a company based in another country?
How do the taxes work?
Can I assume that work visas are going to vary by the country and the relationship with the USA?
I have kept my passport current and have been trying to do some reasurch, but not everything on the internet is true...

I know that these are rather simple and broad questions, but if anything that I have discovered in life is that you have to start asking the questions to begin with.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Re: Non-remote work overseas

Post by glanmit »

Good luck with everything! I understand people who like to have their own house and have some stability at the same time, but i am not one of them for now. I am very happy with the remote job for custom writing service in UK https://stateofwriting.com/ , which gives me opportunity to travel the world and see new places when i want to. I also have friends now everywhere around the world and alwys happy to come and visit them from time to time.
hebtas
Freshman Poster

Post by hebtas »

I think everything is possible with modern technologies.
lauryfriese
Freshman Poster

Post by lauryfriese »

You may be subject to taxes in both your home country (such as the United States) and the country where you're working. Tax treaties between countries can help avoid double taxation, but it's advisable to consult with a tax professional who specializes in international taxation to understand your specific situation.