what's up everyone

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
piglett
Freshman Poster

what's up everyone

Post by piglett »

What's up everyone,

American man 52 married 12 years to a Filipina 39.

we live in the northeastern U.S.

I used to be on another forum "planet love"

however, it looks like it as basically died out over there

i am look forward to reading some of the stories here and adding a few of my own.

piglett
Your Porkness
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: what's up everyone

Post by Shemp »

Welcome to the forum piglett. As you've probably noticed, some of the members here are mentally disturbed. Just ignore them. There are other members who are more normal.
piglett
Freshman Poster

Post by piglett »

Shemp wrote:
December 3rd, 2022, 3:01 pm
Welcome to the forum piglett. As you've probably noticed, some of the members here are mentally disturbed. Just ignore them. There are other members who are more normal.

well shoot, i should fit right in then as i am 1/2 mentally disturbed :D :D
Your Porkness
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome piglett. I remember the Planet Love forum. It was kinda cliquish. What happened to it? Weren't they all people who brought brides back to America rather than expats?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
December 3rd, 2022, 3:01 pm
“A sane person to an insane society must appear insane.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Welcome to the Monkey House
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

piglett wrote:
December 3rd, 2022, 12:44 pm
What's up everyone,

i am look forward to reading some of the stories here and adding a few of my own.

piglett
Welcome to the forum, Piglett. We have several members here who are married to Filipinas. I myself am a European man engaged to a Filipina; we're expecting a baby in the summer of next year. I know @publicduende has a Filipina wife and is an experienced expat with many "field years" in the East, and @Winston himself, the forum's founder, has a son and partner in the Philippines and has many adventures down there. Our esteemed senior forum member @Yohan has an adult foster daughter down in Cebu and has visited many times, and @ladislav has a strong connection to the Philippines as well, I believe he has or had a Filipina partner(s) and he knows his way around the place.

Have fun, brother. I think you'd fit right in! :D
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

piglett wrote:
What's up everyone,
piglett
Welcome,
Ths Happier Abroad Forum has its problems too, but I can assure you that the admin Winston is not into censorship.

I remember the forum planet of love, I was banned there within 15 comments or so, long time ago, maybe 15 years or more.

It was a strange place, with almost all members from USA, often military related, who were totally into bringing foreign women back to USA, mostly from Philippines and sometimes from Latin America.

The admin there had strange rules, for example not allowed to write anything negative about American women, totally against nightlife, and fairly hostile against everyone who was not sharing his ridiculous morale values.

I am surprised that this forum still does exist....

I remember however also 2 members at that time who were really nice to me, one was posting using the ID 'Nathan' and another one was a man with the ID 'Jeff' - Jeff had indeed very good knowledge about all and everything regardling life in Japan.

-------------------
About myself, I am from Europe, but living in Japan since more than 40 years, also have a second home in Thailand and a fosterdaughter in Cebu.
My wife is Japanese, also we have two daughters and two grand daughters.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

fschmidt wrote:
December 3rd, 2022, 6:46 pm
“A sane person to an insane society must appear insane.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Welcome to the Monkey House
Amen.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

piglett wrote:
What's up everyone,

piglett
Welcome, @piglett. I have been married with my Filipina wife for more than 3 years now and I have been living in the Philippines since 2015, continuously. Definitely not an experience for everyone: life here, even in the big city (Manila) is full of ups and downs.

Filipinos abroad might strike you for being friendly, hard-working, and generous. The Filipinos "back here" (in their homeland) are 95% a very different brand. Let's say, without becoming uselessly polemic, that usually the best of them leave...
gwele
Freshman Poster

Post by gwele »

Welcome to the forum, piglett!
how did you find us? did somebody recommend you happierabroad?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you. I am a Korean American living in the East Coast.
Life in America has been a one giant blur to me. I am in my early thirties. No wife and kids, couple of short term relationships with women.
Couldn't make it on the banal and bland mainstream American culture. I couldn't "fake it until making it"
Have only few friends. I been lurking Happierabroad for a long time. This site has been a Beacon of light for me.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”