Need advice from veterans- should I stay in kiev or not?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
salsero
Freshman Poster

Need advice from veterans- should I stay in kiev or not?

Post by salsero »

I have been living in Kiev for last 2 months and even though there are many amazing women here, it's not really a party/sex heaven. I am courting few hot girls but they make it really hard for foreigners. The girls in Kiev are used to being treated very nicely by local guys so they play hard-core game. I am sure I will find a girl-friend eventually but then since she knows the situation in kiev, she will continue to game me. BTW other expats in kiev say the same thing.

I feel very comfortable in Kiev. I speak little russian and my russian is getting better every day. I like the langauge, culture, it's just that for my taste girls move little bit slower here. I am in early 30s, attractive, social.

Here are my choices:
- Find another city in Ukraine where girls are easier to get? Any advice
- Find another Russian speaking country which is not too expensive and girls are easier? This way I can keep on improving my russian and also understand the culture more.
- Brazil? Never been there but heard good things about it.
- Philipines? Not sure if I am into asian body types. I think they are gorgeous but it's just my personal thing.

I like blond, green eyes type :)

I have 5-6 months of free time and I can live anywhere in the world. My budget is around $2000/month. More if needed.

Where should I go?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Need advice from veterans- should I stay in kiev or not?

Post by ladislav »

salsero wrote:I have been living in Kiev for last 2 months and even though there are many amazing women here, it's not really a party/sex heaven. I am courting few hot girls but they make it really hard for foreigners. The girls in Kiev are used to being treated very nicely by local guys so they play hard-core game. I am sure I will find a girl-friend eventually but then since she knows the situation in kiev, she will continue to game me. BTW other expats in kiev say the same thing.

I feel very comfortable in Kiev. I speak little russian and my russian is getting better every day. I like the langauge, culture, it's just that for my taste girls move little bit slower here. I am in early 30s, attractive, social.

Here are my choices:
- Find another city in Ukraine where girls are easier to get? Any advice
- Find another Russian speaking country which is not too expensive and girls are easier? This way I can keep on improving my russian and also understand the culture more.
- Brazil? Never been there but heard good things about it.
- Philipines? Not sure if I am into asian body types. I think they are gorgeous but it's just my personal thing.

I like blond, green eyes type :)

I have 5-6 months of free time and I can live anywhere in the world. My budget is around $2000/month. More if needed.

Where should I go?
OK, here is the deal. If you want a girl faster than this go to:

lamine.ru

Do a search. And email for free some 100+ girls. I met some incredibly gorgeous girls there. But not in Kiev. Kiev sucks. So does Odessa. As most capitals/big cities do. As you may have noticed about those countries, people in different cities have different "national" characters there. Also, Ukraine is not Russia with its serf culture and centuries of social oppression. where guys are spoiled and treat women like dirt. It is a Cossack country and the people are used to being free and women are used to being treated like princesses. But not all of Ukraine is that way.

lamine.ru is the fastest way to meet gals in Ukraine. But you may have to travel to the East mainly, because that is where the male/female balance is skewed in your favor.

I am 50 and I emailed some 100+ gals in the 18-24 range, and out of those 2 are now in regular touch with me. The response rate seems to be some 10% with those who stick with you around 2-3%, like that. Sign up with lamine.ru. I mean it. They have 100,000s of girls in Ukraine.

This is not a marriage site/agency where gals look for foreigners to emigrate, It is a social network site and it is in Russian. They have an English button on the left but it would be nice if you contacted them in Russian. Make a profile in Russian ( ask someone to help you do it and post it there).

There are hoes advertising on that site as well, but you can check the box where it says- eliminate posts soliciting clients for intimate services.

Donetsk, Luhansk, etc. are the places to be. The Crimea as well. Girls in Kiev responded haughtily and blew me off. Not so in the provinces.

If you want to meet a girl, PM me, I know of one who is an engineer 23 years old and a blond- good looking and all.Very humble and all. And she has friends. But she is in Luhansk. I know of one/two more. Gorgeous! They are looking for a Western guy like, basically, now. PM me for details and I will give you her phone number like...now! But they are looking for serious, long term BFs.

They prefer Russian speakers. Degree of fluency is not essential but one should make an effort. This is one of the reasons many people strike out there ( not the only one, mind you, but a big one). They've been watching Transporter and James Bond and think they can whisk away a beautiful English speaking Olga just like that.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Definitely go to a smaller city if you want to stay in Ukraine. Your money will last longer and the people may be slightly more friendly.

Then again, in smaller cities, the women can't really out run their reputations. So if they are at all concerned about appearing slutty, they will expect something more serious and long term than just some guy who wants to sleep with them after the third day.

Also, keep in mind, if you screw up or people start disliking you for any particular reason, in a smaller city, your reputation may precede you. That's partly where knowing the language helps, so you can overhear some of the things people will openly say about you when they know you are a foreigner.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

salsero wrote: Where should I go?
If you're already asking "should I go elsewhere", the next logical step is to vote with your feet.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

salsero wrote:I like blond, green eyes type :)

Me too my friend, I love blonds! I like the response Ladislav gave you, he should know he used to live in Ukraine. I am currently working two jobs (and maybe soon 3 jobs) to pay off bills and then I will start to save money. All these posts and the photos of hot eastern European and Russian women are what's keeping me sane while I am still living here in the US.

I will start learning Russian soon. When I do get the chance to travel, watch out eastern European and Russian women, here I come! :lol: