Mexico questions

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Mexico questions

Post by Voyager1 »

I don't see why you guys are going to Mexico to live. From what I can see, it's expensive and the women are not that attractive.

Mexican guys don't like gringos messing with their women. You can get beat up or worse.

@Tsar Do you still have that $1000 month? How are you going to live?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 8:51 am
I will be in Mexico and it will be cheap enough like Bulgaria but close to America. I will get a red carpet from Mexico's airport to the EU when it reopens...no hassles...or secondary screenings.

I get to pursue girls...and I get to claim I am not American. I am Mediterranean not Anglo or Germanic.

I don't like to talk about my finances but it will be more like $1100 really soon and then more like $1,700. Once I get a passive income stream and royalties, I will have another $100+every month.

I plan to eventually move to Italy unless I really love Mexico and got a Latina.

But I am going to Venezuela once Covid-19 ends if I don't end up engaged to a Mexican girl I hopefully get pregnant.

Besides, I need competent doctors too. My veins are destroyed and I have issues I need to get resolved.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Voyager1 wrote:
I don't see why you guys are going to Mexico to live. From what I can see, it's expensive and the women are not that attractive.

Mexican guys don't like gringos messing with their women. You can get beat up or worse.

No, most of Mexico is cheap. You could live on $600/mo. with a place to yourself, if you had to.

Venezuela, Tsar? Be sure to hire a couple of bodyguards before you go, and get out of the way when the bullets start flying.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Show me some videos where you can live cheap and in good conditions.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Voyager1 wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Show me some videos where you can live cheap and in good conditions.
Here's accommodation in Mexico City on Booking.com -- $136 for two weeks. Gets very good reviews and looks livable. Usually when it's not a hotel the owner will negotiate a lower price with you outside of Booking, if he thinks you're a good tenant.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/mx/casa-a ... #hotelTmpl

Numbeo says a one-bedroom apt outside the city center in Guadalajara will cost $386/mo. Mexico City and Guadalajara are both livable cities with some of the best climates in the world. There are lots of videos out there showing happy camper expats in Mexico paying about $350/mo for fairly nice places.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

And this woman pays $420-450/mo, utilities included for a very nice place in a nice neighborhood in Puerto Vallarta. Start at 1:54.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbT5_QuCBis&t=537s
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

gsjackson wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 12:50 pm
Voyager1 wrote:

No, most of Mexico is cheap. You could live on $600/mo. with a place to yourself, if you had to.

Venezuela, Tsar? Be sure to hire a couple of bodyguards before you go, and get out of the way when the bullets start flying.
I figure if I am alive and healthy, if whatever parasitic infection doesn't or didn't kill me, I can survive dangerous travel destinations.

All I need to do is travel light, don't bring valuables, don't wear anything too nice, and don't go out after dark. I would need make a stop in either Italy or the Czech Republic for business if I were to travel to Venezuela. Venezuelan girls seem to want a guy to leave their country now because conditions aren't improving.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

gsjackson wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 1:44 pm
And this woman pays $420-450/mo, utilities included for a very nice place in a nice neighborhood in Puerto Vallarta. Start at 1:54.

Looks like that lady has a nice set up in Puerto Vallarta.

Mexico for me is more of a place to vacation than to live.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Voyager1 wrote:
June 29th, 2021, 8:05 am
gsjackson wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 1:44 pm

Looks like that lady has a nice set up in Puerto Vallarta.

Mexico for me is more of a place to vacation than to live.
Lots of gringoes seem to really like living there. I'll be interested to get Corny's report.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
June 26th, 2021, 10:38 am
How do you plan make money living in Mexico?
Not sure exactly. I keep hoping to get another job over the Internet. However I have a little breathing space before I run out of money. I am going more for survival and to build up a community than for immediate financial motivations.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I'm wanting to do the in-country phase of getting temporary residency and the process looks a little daunting. Does anyone know of any good immigration consultants in the Chihuahua City area?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Cornfed wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 2:58 pm
I'm wanting to do the in-country phase of getting temporary residency and the process looks a little daunting. Does anyone know of any good immigration consultants in the Chihuahua City area?
I am curious why you chose Chihuahua City as your first city in Mexico? Are the girls there extra beautiful? Good prices on rent or real estate? Is that where your flight took you? Great restaurants?

I chose Mexico City because I like to start out in capitals to learn more and because I know everything a person needs will likely be in a capital city.

I am enjoying Mexico a lot more than Bulgaria.

In time I will definitely get a girlfriend here, although I expected to have at least one date by today... COVID-19 is keeping girls indoors from what I heard. Some want to get the vaccine before they start going out again.
boixos24
Freshman Poster

Post by boixos24 »

Last edited by boixos24 on September 16th, 2021, 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

boixos24 wrote:
August 5th, 2021, 5:17 am
Tsar wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Cornfed wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 2:58 pm
I am curious why you chose Chihuahua City as your first city in Mexico? Are the girls there extra beautiful? Good prices on rent or real estate? Is that where your flight took you? Great restaurants?

I chose Mexico City because I like to start out in capitals to learn more and because I know everything a person needs will likely be in a capital city.

I am enjoying Mexico a lot more than Bulgaria.

In time I will definitely get a girlfriend here, although I expected to have at least one date by today... COVID-19 is keeping girls indoors from what I heard. Some want to get the vaccine before they start going out again.
Are you getting more attention from Mexican girls than Bulgarians? You said you were Mediterannean-looking, but Mexicans kinda have similar physical traits and colors to Meds, meaning it would hypothetically make you stand out less, no?
Hypothetically, it should but not exactly.

My features look European Mediterranean meaning even if I did look Mexican at first glance, I would be recognized as having no indigenous blood, meaning I would be high in the "racial class" system that exists in Central and South America.

People who look European or can pass as White (Iberian-Mestizas, with more European ancestry) are generally going to be at the top.

I haven't yet found a girl to approach IRL not because I am not trying but it seems like girls aren't going out much because of Covid-19.

I did find a restaurant with a cute enough waitress but she doesn't speak any English and I don't know how to ask a waitress on a date. She's about 18-22, my best guess.

It's been a little over two weeks now and I actually have done more than I did in Bulgaria in six months. It helps that I can actually learn Spanish fast by learning words. Speaking it should improve with time or if I got a girl.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar wrote:
August 5th, 2021, 1:50 pm
I did find a restaurant with a cute enough waitress but she doesn't speak any English and I don't know how to ask a waitress on a date. She's about 18-22, my best guess.
Tsar, if a girl is not interested in you she will avoid eye contact. Next time you are there and you get her as a waitress just smile at her and look her directly in the eyes. If she is interested in you she will smile back and also look you in the eyes. Language is not much of an issue.

This way you don't waste too much of your time pursuing someone if they don't return interest.