Traveling w/ backpack vs. luggage piece: Which is better?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Traveling w/ backpack vs. luggage piece: Which is better

Post by Winston »

In case anyone's interested, here are travel bags you can order from Rick Steves' Travel Store, which lets you travel with one easy to carry around bag that has everything you need. Some of his backpacks have wheels and handles so you can drag it around like a luggage case if you get tired of carrying them on your back.

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/travel-bags

"Our travel bags have been personally designed by Rick Steves to bring you maximum durability and practicality for the lowest price. We think you'll agree — Rick's bags are the best travelin' value around!"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:In case anyone's interested, here are travel bags you can order from Rick Steves' Travel Store, which lets you travel with one easy to carry around bag that has everything you need. Some of his backpacks have wheels and handles so you can drag it around like a luggage case if you get tired of carrying them on your back.

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/travel-bags

"Our travel bags have been personally designed by Rick Steves to bring you maximum durability and practicality for the lowest price. We think you'll agree — Rick's bags are the best travelin' value around!"
Is he paying you now too?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

A duffel bag with two wheels is the best. These backpacks are such a pain with all those straps and zippers, and they look ridiculous, too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Thanks Winston for providing link, you never stop to amaze me but its 2015 and by now people know how to use google unless this is your new sponsor then its understandable

Steve R? :lol:

Yes, Steves bags are the best in the world. No bias detected :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eurobrat and Banano,
Get real. If I was an affiliate of Rick Steves website there would be an affiliate id in that link. Don't you know anything about Internet marketing?

Banano don't you know who Rick Steves is? He's a famous guy on TV with a travel show. Geez. He's not Steve R. Go to the link above and see.

I didn't say Steves bags were the best. I quoted what it said on his website at the link above. Didn't you see the quotation marks?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:A duffel bag with two wheels is the best. These backpacks are such a pain with all those straps and zippers, and they look ridiculous, too.
Why duffel bag? Why not a rectangular luggage case? Any reason? How do you usually travel in terms of baggage?

I think it's good to have a luggage piece or duffel bag with shoulder straps at least in case you are hiking on hills or mountains or forests with them.