Initial Feedback...Newbie to Dating Sites

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Initial Feedback...Newbie to Dating Sites

Post by MrMark1972 »

As I am in the early stages of deciding between a cherry trip to Latin America or the Phils,this January,I thought it might be fun to see what kinds of reactions I get from the following dating sites:LACupid and InternationalCupid.
I was bored,at home,Sunday night so I took some recent photos and put together a profile for each site.It's probably no surprise to anyone here who has tried the InternationalCupid that the response from Filipinas is overwhelming to the point where it becomes really annoying.Every time I log on,day or night,I'm swarmed with fuglies from the Phils and the few hot ones that messaged me flake out after exchanging a few emails and Skype chats.Thats really weird especially after a few of them sent me very intimate photos(at the beach,with family,half-naked etc).As for the Latinas,there is no comparison.These girls can be very hot and they know it....they don't express anywhere near the level of desperation like the Filipinas(and Chinese as well).My first observation is that to get ahead with the pretty Latinas is going to take some knowledge of Spanish(just to talk with them online)as they mainly don't habla Inglis....Dudes,am I going about this in the right way? Or should I just do it military style "boots on the ground" approach...pick a country and just go there?
Feeling kinda confused here and not sure how to improve my chances...physically speaking I much prefer the latinas but submissive-wise I like the Filipinas.Also food would be way better down south as opposed to the Phils....
Guys with experience please feel free to share the knowledge..Thanks :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Go with what you want. Are you looking to just get laid or are you trying to find a good girl/ potential wife? I'd say shorter trip + curvy, good looking girls = LA. More girls and good personality + longer trip frame = Philippines

Philippines Advantages
-English is spoken widely
-friendly down to earth girls
-not really dangerous
-Tons of beautiful beaches and hiking spots
-most things are cheap
-getting dates is easy online and cold approach is good to
-lack of local competition

Latin America
-Women are hotter than Phil, though bitchier I'm sure
-Ton's of different countries to choose from
-nice tourist spots
-usually cheaper airfare (from USA)
-Most LA countries are not as poor
- Food is amazing
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

hammanta wrote:Go with what you want. Are you looking to just get laid or are you trying to find a good girl/ potential wife? I'd say shorter trip + curvy, good looking girls = LA. More girls and good personality + longer trip frame = Philippines

Philippines Advantages
-English is spoken widely
-friendly down to earth girls
-not really dangerous
-Tons of beautiful beaches and hiking spots
-most things are cheap
-getting dates is easy online and cold approach is good to
-lack of local competition

Latin America
-Women are hotter than Phil, though bitchier
-Ton's of different countries to choose from
-nice tourist spots
-usually cheaper airfare (from USA)
-Most LA countries are not as poor
- Food is amazing
Time is not an issue for me...I could stay two weeks or two months.Initially,I just want to get laid and party but that wears off fast,then it's about dating and finding a gf....I think using the dating sites to gauge what the real people are like maybe a mistake as I noticed the hot Latinas on LACupid all taking selfies with their Iphone5.They appear shallow and materialistic which is what we are trying to escape by going abroad.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Feel free to shoot me an IM. I love to help newbies.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

Thanks alot Pete...really appreciate that.I'll drop you a line when the workday is done and I can concentrate on fun stuff :)
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Time is not an issue for me...I could stay two weeks or two months.Initially,I just want to get laid and party but that wears off fast,then it's about dating and finding a gf....I think using the dating sites to gauge what the real people are like maybe a mistake as I noticed the hot Latinas on LACupid all taking selfies with their Iphone5.They appear shallow and materialistic which is what we are trying to escape by going abroad
I don't know anything about you but I'm sure you will have fun wherever you go.

Some demographics may help determine it as well.

What's your age, ethnicity, looks, personality type, etc.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

hammanta wrote:
Time is not an issue for me...I could stay two weeks or two months.Initially,I just want to get laid and party but that wears off fast,then it's about dating and finding a gf....I think using the dating sites to gauge what the real people are like maybe a mistake as I noticed the hot Latinas on LACupid all taking selfies with their Iphone5.They appear shallow and materialistic which is what we are trying to escape by going abroad

My age is 41.I workout on a regular basis and I'm in good shape with arm tattoos.Black medium hair and light brown skin(half Trinidadian and half white)...Ive had lots of positive responses from the SE Asian girls online and not too much of a positive response from the good looking Latinas.Had alot of messages from older/ugly Latinas but that doesn't count.
My real question is the following:Am I being stupid using a dating site to help decide where I might fit in better?I mean after all the site represents such a small minority of the available dating pool.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

MrMark1972 wrote:
hammanta wrote:

My age is 41.I workout on a regular basis and I'm in good shape with arm tattoos.Black medium hair and light brown skin(half Trinidadian and half white)...Ive had lots of positive responses from the SE Asian girls online and not too much of a positive response from the good looking Latinas.Had alot of messages from older/ugly Latinas but that doesn't count.
My real question is the following:Am I being stupid using a dating site to help decide where I might fit in better?I mean after all the site represents such a small minority of the available dating pool.
I wouldn't say stupid at all. Get a feel for the waters but look at the bright side, you will almost certainly do better elsewhere than where you are at. It's always best to have a few girls lined up before you go somewhere, then just use some day game. I've always said that girls shouldn't be the top priority for a trip. Both LA and SE Asia have beautiful women, and easily more obtainable than western women, especially for a guy in his 40's. Choose a place you will have fun at, aside from women and that you will enjoy.

To answer your question simply, then yes online dating is a decent way to gauge the local populous, but of course isn't absolute. Philippines girls are short petite with tan skin generally, but there are a bunch of different mixes from all over Asia. If you don't speak Spanish or Portuguese then LA might be a little more difficult with women. Honestly, I'd try Philippines if I were you, simply for the English ability. Plus if you have the funds just hop over to Thailand or Malaysia for a slightly different taste.

Main point is just go, don't over think it.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

hammanta wrote:
MrMark1972 wrote:
hammanta wrote:

I wouldn't say stupid at all. Get a feel for the waters but look at the bright side, you will almost certainly do better elsewhere than where you are at. It's always best to have a few girls lined up before you go somewhere, then just use some day game. I've always said that girls shouldn't be the top priority for a trip. Both LA and SE Asia have beautiful women, and easily more obtainable than western women, especially for a guy in his 40's. Choose a place you will have fun at, aside from women and that you will enjoy.

To answer your question simply, then yes online dating is a decent way to gauge the local populous, but of course isn't absolute. Philippines girls are short petite with tan skin generally, but there are a bunch of different mixes from all over Asia. If you don't speak Spanish or Portuguese then LA might be a little more difficult with women. Honestly, I'd try Philippines if I were you, simply for the English ability. Plus if you have the funds just hop over to Thailand or Malaysia for a slightly different taste.

Main point is just go, don't over think it.
Your're right man I have really been overthinking this...Since I only speak broken Spanish I can pull off a week at a resort in Mexico but I would not be able to do day game in let's say Colombia or Costa Rica....I'm in contact with a few HA dudes from the Phils and I think the low cost of living combined with friendly/easy English speaking girls might make PI the winner.