Is it really a good idea to move abroad?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
USA_luxury_prison
Freshman Poster

Is it really a good idea to move abroad?

Post by USA_luxury_prison »

I mean think about it. I know Winston makes many good points and is very blunt about America's list of endless problems including the one's too taboo to talk about but isn't moving abroad permanently taking it too far?

For one when moving abroad you will always be an outsider in that country no matter how hard you try to fit in or be a part of their community. Try living in Madrid and trying to fit in with the rest and see if people will accept you as one of them. It won't work because you can't speak fluent Spanish, have that Spanish accent like them or even look Spanish unless you really are Spanish in the first place. Same goes with trying to live in Denmark, you'll still be seen as an immigrant unless of course you're tall, blonde and are Scandinavian in the first place. It's the same with every other country on the planet unless you were born there.

Secondly, unless you have close friends or family there already in the country, prepare to spend a lot of time in solitude. It seems kind of sad knowing that once you get there you'll constantly be seeing families celebrating life together and happily married couples or friends hanging out everywhere you go while they see you all alone by yourself. Sure you could say, "Well you can always stay in touch with other travelers or expats" but whats the point of hanging out with other expats when the reason that you've left your home country was to escape all that?

Wouldn't it be a complete waste of time if you traveled from place to place trying to find where you fit in only to come back home knowing you could've used that precious time on say starting a business back home? I mean I can understand traveling abroad for a couple of weeks or months to get away from one's home country but living abroad?

I can think of other things but I'm sure most of you get my point. What do you guys think?
"America is fun"

~USA_luxury_prison
Jsport
Freshman Poster

Re: Is it really a good idea to move abroad?

Post by Jsport »

I often think to myself the same thing because of my own lack of social and dating life in The US. Its complicated because on one hand we've been taught that it doesn't really get better than America, yet on the other hand, for many of us, a social and dating life is pretty much non-existent, which sort of forces us to think elsewhere. Moving abroad I would imagine that obviously its a very big life changing experience and that it would have to be taken with serious consideration, but I feel that its worth it depending on the circumstances of each person, for some it would work out and for others it wouldn't for different reasons. The simplest thing to do is to just visit countries you're interested in and to not consider moving to another country until you've visited a country that fits you as a person, that is the mindset I'm trying to have now rather than thinking to ahead of myself about moving to another country.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

There are plenty of people on this board who have done and are doing it. They have new families, made new friends and forged new roads for themselves. Read Marcos Zeitola, Yohan, Outwest, American in Bangkok, Everdred and others who have posted tons of info on their travels and stories.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I'm abroad myself, but I do want to give the USA "devil" its due.

If a guy liked his life in the USA, had a great job, and had a decent life outside of work...and lacked only female company... then some determined bride-swooping junkets, with "pipelining" ahead of time, could work well.

Bring a bride back, and then, sure, AW's will try to sabotage your relationship. But if your bride is close to you in age it should work better than marriage to an AW anyway.

Going abroad is hard. No question.

If a fellow is not the "adventurer" type, I would suggest considering an "easy" relocation, like Ireland, someplace where English is spoken and jobs are available to Americans. Call it Happier Abroad Light.

OR...
...teaching English anywhere can create an instant social circle with fellow teachers.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

There is no need to move abroad for women. You have two other options. Find the rare, submissive American woman here in the states. Or import a woman into the states. If she stays home with the children, you will avoid 90% of the problems with "Americanization."

Living abroad is only good for one thing: whoremongering through as many women as possible. Don't get me wrong. There is a small percentage of men who move abroad and actually marry one woman and stay with her for life. The vast majority though are simply whoremongers in denial.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Jester wrote: If a fellow is not the "adventurer" type, I would suggest considering an "easy" relocation, like Ireland, someplace where English is spoken and jobs are available to Americans. Call it Happier Abroad Light.

OR...
...teaching English anywhere can create an instant social circle with fellow teachers.
Ha ha, yes I enjoyed my "Happier Abroad Extreme" of moving to China where hardly anyone spoke English and it was a major task just to even get a haircut! Well it was character building being there. Also I am a lot more chilled since living in Thailand. I think that was due to a farang telling me not to worry while I was sheltering from a massive thunderstorm that flooded my neighborhood and resulted in me almost needing to swim back to my hotel.

I am enjoying being in London though and most of my new colleagues are enjoying being happier abroad from their own countries. If you enjoy your work then there are staggering opportunities here and I am hopping from one world class employer to another.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
USA_luxury_prison
Freshman Poster

Post by USA_luxury_prison »

Ghost wrote:For me it was life or death. It was either go abroad or take a leap off the deep end. That's how much of a good idea it was for me.

Now, if a man has a good job, access to women, and lots of friends in his home country? May not be such a good idea. Not that he couldn't benefit still from going abroad, just that it benefits him more to stay home. That's a very rare setup though - most men get comfortable at home rather than benefiting more from staying home. The prospects for men in the West are getting shittier by the year.
I hope you don't mind me asking but why was it life or death for you? Also why do you think the prospects for men in the West are getting shittier? Speak(or should I say text?) your mind on here, I want to learn more.
"America is fun"

~USA_luxury_prison
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Adama wrote:There is no need to move abroad for women. You have two other options. Find the rare, submissive American woman here in the states. Or import a woman into the states. If she stays home with the children, you will avoid 90% of the problems with "Americanization."

Living abroad is only good for one thing: whoremongering through as many women as possible. Don't get me wrong. There is a small percentage of men who move abroad and actually marry one woman and stay with her for life. The vast majority though are simply whoremongers in denial.
The problem is, suppose that rare submissive American woman is even 400 pounds? Huge double chin, big deep abdominal folds, and everything? And suppose she's even the type that even 12 months a year of beautiful, warm, sunny weather (tropical paradise) doesn't make a dent in her obesity? Understandably from what I have been reading, there are guys going to foreign countries to find love for another reason, too. Because of the widespread obesity in America, even in tropical paradise areas like Hawaii, the southern one third of Florida, and not to mention American Samoa, people, including women, absolutely refusing to get on the bicycles, head on over to the beaches and go swimming, not to mention eating more delicious tropical fruits (oranges, coconuts, bananas, and such) instead of extreme high fatty foods like sausage, bratwursts, and other foods that are upwards of 40 to 50 percent fatty. Due to the widespread obesity in the female population, skinny American women are in very high demand.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

traveller wrote:
Adama wrote:There is no need to move abroad for women. You have two other options. Find the rare, submissive American woman here in the states. Or import a woman into the states. If she stays home with the children, you will avoid 90% of the problems with "Americanization."

The problem is, suppose that rare submissive American woman is even 400 pounds? Huge double chin, big deep abdominal folds, and everything? And suppose she's even the type that even 12 months a year of beautiful, warm, sunny weather (tropical paradise) doesn't make a dent in her obesity? Understandably from what I have been reading, there are guys going to foreign countries to find love for another reason, too. Because of the widespread obesity in America, even in tropical paradise areas like Hawaii, the southern one third of Florida, and not to mention American Samoa, people, including women, absolutely refusing to get on the bicycles, head on over to the beaches and go swimming, not to mention eating more delicious tropical fruits (oranges, coconuts, bananas, and such) instead of extreme high fatty foods like sausage, bratwursts, and other foods that are upwards of 40 to 50 percent fatty. Due to the widespread obesity in the female population, skinny American women are in very high demand.
---> Or import a woman into the states.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

I think for most the biggest thing is being able to make a decent or better living overseas. If I could then I would be gone already. If you don't have some type of skill that is marketable internationally but can make good money staying in the west, maybe the best compromise is regular extended travel. That can be expensive though and is quite different than actually living there, but as with lawyers there can be advantage to always being able to go home.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

USA_luxury_prison wrote:For one when moving abroad you will always be an outsider in that country no matter how hard you try to fit in or be a part of their community.
Yeah, but I already feel like a misfit and an "outsider" in the USA, so that's not a deterrent for me. For me, the real deterrent would be the huge drop in my salary. These are my best earning years and I can't just throw them away. I have to sock away a lot for retirement or I'll be one sorry old man later on.