Is there anything more stupid than joining the US military?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is there anything more stupid than joining the US military?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

yick wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 10:57 pm
@MarcosZeitola Of course! The thing is there is a land of mixed race people living a perfectly happy and acceptable life - the vast majority of Latin America - a place where they come in all shapes, sizes and shades - even within the same family.

Unlike Happy Guy and a lot of HA'ers - are having a healthy sex life with the women of their choice.

Unlike Happy Guy and a lot of HA'ers - have a defined sense of masculinity.

Unlike Happy Guy and a lot of HA'ers - seem to have a successful life in their home countries and many of them succeed in politics, sport, the media

Unlike Happy Guy and a lot of HA'ers - if they want to leave their home country to be 'Happier Abroad' they manage it - even if it means they have to do it illegally.

I have no idea why Happy Guy thinks he is better than any of these people or that he is superior.
Couldn't agree more.
Johnny1975 wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 2:39 am
yick wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm
My mother is a fat transsexual with a profile on pinalove (https://www.pinalove.com/johnny1975) and I'm a faggot retard.
We are all aware of this.
Johnny, I am going to have to ask Winston to ban you. You just cannot stop yourself from shitting up completely unrelated topics time and time again. Enough already. You're just a troll and a nuisance at this point, and at least @yick actually responds to topics with things that are relevant, all you do is quote the same fake quote over an over again like some deranged obsessive ex-girlfriend. Just stop it already.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Make sure you ask him to ban transboy too, for starting shit with people. Don't forget to send him the link I gave you.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Johnny1975 wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 3:47 am
Make sure you ask him to ban transboy too, for starting shit with people. Don't forget to send him the link I gave you.
All I see is you shitting up threads that have nothing to do with your little dick measuring contest. It's annoying and I hope you aren't actually born in 1975 as your username suggests, because I've seen five year olds handle disagreements better than you.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 7:49 am
And if all these wonderful white kids are so well adjusted and adept - go and find out who are the top of the suicide tables in any developed country.
We're talking about different things, I personally don't prioritize children having the path of least resistance. If you want your kids to have easy lives then go ahead and ensure they are daughters born into wealth or if they are sons perhaps they are hapas born in the Philippines. But that's besides the point.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 2:36 pm
Sexual attraction or wanting to play Captain Save-a-hoe for a woman from another background is really not a good enough reason to make children especially hybrid children.
Not all third world countries are "hoes" in need of "saving". And some of them have the type of features and genes that mesh well with those of a foreign man, be that man white, black or another type of Asian/Arab. Seen a lot of stunningly beautiful people that are "hybrids" and likewise, my own offspring is stunningly gorgeous, too. If you and your partner both look good, why not make a few little headturners of your own? So what if they're mongrels, a hundred or more years from now all of our descendants will be mongrels anyway. :lol:
HappyGuy wrote:
Having children for stupid reasons has become the norm but if you're a decent person that shouldn't change anything.

Most reasons for having children, or for not having them, are innately 'stupid' or 'selfish' one way or another. You can analyze anything to death if you want, pick every lifestyle choice or decision apart if that's what you want, but why even bother?
HappyGuy wrote:
I'll try to add to this in a few hours.
Please do.
yick wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 4:58 pm
There have been loads of 'hybrid children' who have gone onto lead successful lives - in fact, have made their mark on the world...
Exactly my thoughts. And I am not expecting any of my children or grandchildren to become famous around the globe or "leave their mark in history" the way your famous examples have, but I'm not going to subscribe to the negative line of thinking of some that insinuate any child who is of biracial or multiracial background is inherently worse off than a "pure", unmixed child. It's a ridiculously negative world view not based in reality.
yick wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 4:58 pm
Your marker of what constitutes success and happiness for children is a very inaccurate one.
Yep. I am curious what ethnicity the guy belongs to and how he came to believe this drivel.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 8:50 pm
yick wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 7:49 am
And if all these wonderful white kids are so well adjusted and adept - go and find out who are the top of the suicide tables in any developed country.
We're talking about different things, I personally don't prioritize children having the path of least resistance. If you want your kids to have easy lives then go ahead and ensure they are daughters born into wealth or if they are sons perhaps they are hapas born in the Philippines. But that's besides the point.
And your point is?
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 12:52 am
And your point is?
My point is we're talking about two opposite priorities. I want children to have an identity and traditions and purpose and that comes with some hardships and responsibilities, you want children who have the path of least resistance. It's common sense that those who are the most selfless have the most difficult lives and that will occasionally lead to early death. We all know Asians don't suffer from suicidal altruism or a lack of selfishness, and I don't see anyone rushing to live in societies built by people like you or hapas or women. I want children who are givers, you want children who are takers. That is the difference in genetics talking. You don't mind your children having no identity because you have none yourself, and no purpose beyond taking because you are a taker yourself. As a mutt you are well adapted to the society kept afloat by the men which you insult.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 12:17 am

My point is we're talking about two opposite priorities. I want children to have an identity and traditions and purpose and that comes with some hardships and responsibilities,
Eh? Do you have any children? And if not, why not?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/l ... ld-2131005

It isn't hard to have kids, even if you want them to have identity and traditions and all that kind of crap.
you want children who have the path of least resistance.
You have no idea why I would want children if at all, it isn't that hard to have kids if you are somewhat fertile.
It's common sense that those who are the most selfless have the most difficult lives and that will occasionally lead to early death. We all know Asians don't suffer from suicidal altruism or a lack of selfishness, and I don't see anyone rushing to live in societies built by people like you or hapas or women.

You don't know anything about me, numbnut... but I'll run it down...

Don't smoke
Don't drink
Never took drugs - ever
Never been with a prostitiute - and don't have any STD's
Well over six foot tall
Healthy and fit
Don't have a criminal record and no violence (sexual or otherwise) against women and children
Have a masters degree

Most people in ANY society don't have the above, I have them as standard, if a society was built around me and what I have as standard - it would be entirely more advanced than anything around now, you f***ing numbnut :lol:
I want children who are givers, you want children who are takers.
You don't know what I want - go back to sleep you numbnut.
That is the difference in genetics talking. You don't mind your mutt children having no identity or purpose and being takers because you are one yourself.
If I am a mutt, what are you - a pure bred gobshite, what are you - an insomniac working nights :lol: What good is it doing you, you can't even sleep, me? I get a good eight hours EVERY night... Happy Guy :lol:
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 12:48 am
You don't know anything about me, numbnut... but I'll run it down...

Don't smoke
Don't drink
Never took drugs - ever
Never been with a prostitiute - and don't have any STD's
Well over six foot tall
Healthy and fit
Don't have a criminal record and no violence (sexual or otherwise) against women and children
Have a masters degree

Most people in ANY society don't have the above, I have them as standard, if a society was built around me and what I have as standard - it would be entirely more advanced than anything around now, you f***ing numbnut :lol:
Everything on your list says passive beta rather than a proactive alpha. Real men get themselves involved in things everywhere they go which occasionally gets them into legal trouble and can shorten their lives but at least they leave their mark. Sitting quiet as a church mouse collecting degrees isn't an admirable feat. Let's be real here you're afraid of jail-time and blue collar men who drink and smoke and do what they want and expect to be held accountable for their actions. So you tow the line at school and work like a loyal eunuch as long as you get your decent salary because you hope some day a materialistic Asian will be impressed by your money and will make you feel like a man. But that's the wrong way to go about it. She'll just take your money and sleep with an active man behind your back, while you're studying for your next degree.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 1:22 am

Everything on your list says passive beta rather than a proactive alpha.
You've been hanging around those Roosh forums haven't you? :lol:
Real men get themselves involved in things everywhere they go which occasionally gets them into legal trouble and can shorten their lives but at least they leave their mark.
I take it that's you - you're an insomiac who does night shift - where has your risk taking been?

What mark have you left? :lol:
Sitting quiet as a church mouse collecting degrees isn't an admirable feat. Let's be real here you're afraid of jail-time and blue collar men who drink and smoke and do what they want and expect to be held accountable for their actions.
Wha? How do you know this by the way?
So you tow the line at school and work like a loyal eunuch as long as you get your decent salary because you hope some day a materialistic Asian will be impressed by your money and will make you feel like a man. But that's the wrong way to go about it. She'll just take your money and sleep with an active man behind your back, while you're studying for your next degree.
:lol:

How wrong you are...

What about you - if you had a degree, you wouldn't be doing night shift, if you had some money, you would be able to sleep, if you were abroad, you would be happy...

You want kids but don't have any - why is that then?

Because you're a wanky beta male :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 9:32 pm
I disagree. The military is both a proving ground and a doorway into to the privileged government class, as spoiled as it is. Many a young man has gained structure, competence, values, and personal grit in the military.

Military service in the US virtually guarantees "head of the line" preference into any lucrative federal job and into many state and local jobs too. Employers LOVE to employ veterans because they have a better record of professional success than average non-veterans. They also have better discipline, understanding of hierarchies, and teamwork on average.

I particularly recommend military service for b*tch-made men (sons of single mothers). This is where those myriad holes of manhood can be filled.

Yes, you can die or be disfigured in the military, but the odds of that are low and nothing of high value comes without some measure of risk.
The risk of joining the military and getting involved in battle is not just injury or death to yourself. It's a lot worse than just that. See below:

1. It also results in PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder too, which can haunt you for years and incapacitate you mentally. Nothing is worse than losing control of your own mind. Ask vets who have been in combat. They usually all have PTSD. I know some in Angeles City at the VFW's (Veterans of Foreign Wars) that cannot even bear to see or hear a fireworks show, because the sounds bring back traumatic memories for them. It's that bad. Thus, war is not a natural thing, contrary to what you think.

2. What's nearly just as bad about joining the military, is that you may be ordered to kill innocent people who never did you any wrong, and may come from good families raised by good parents, and whom might even be your friend if you had met them under peaceful circumstances. All just because your government and theirs want to make war. What right have you to take innocent lives just because your government says so? That's kind of dumb if you think about it. Especially since the guy you would shoot or drop a bomb on, has nothing against you and never did you wrong. If you think about it, you realize how insane that really is. See these quotes below:

"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?"
- Blaise Pascal

"What is absurd and monstrous about war is that men who have no personal quarrel should be trained to murder one another in cold blood."
- Aldous Huxley

Now the thing is, just because you were "merely following orders" doesn't make it right or ok. Remember the Nazis at Nuremberg also used that excuse that they "were just following orders" yet that was no defense. Many Nazis were still hanged for their war crimes.

3. Now try this: Close your eyes and visualize yourself shooting another soldier across the battlefield and watching blood spurt out of him as you pull the trigger, and seeing him fall to the ground. Imagine that vividly and ask yourself: How would that make you feel? Knowing you just killed someone who never did you any wrong? And who might have come from a good loving family and raised by wonderful parents who spent many years raising up that fine young man, just to have you shoot and kill him.

Now wouldn't that make you feel like shit the rest of your life?! You may never get over the GUILT and REGRET. Imagine all that vividly, as if it were happening now, and ask yourself, if it's truly worth it, just to get medals and be decorated and get preferential treatment for government jobs back home. Remember that the survivors of wars never feel like a hero and never feel proud of what they did. There's no true honor in it, they usually say. So listen to those who lived through it, they will usually tell you it wasn't worth it and if they had to do it over again, they wouldn't. As they will tell you, in a war, no one truly wins, everyone loses.

Even in movies, a common line that characters often say is this: "Once you kill another man, you are never the same. Even if it was in self-defense. It's like you lose a part of yourself forever." That's very true. So you gotta ask yourself: Is it worth it to lose part of your soul forever, and suffer trauma and PTSD for the rest of your life, just to get military benefits and honors? Especially since you are not truly serving your country anyway, nor are you protecting anyone's freedoms, but serving the interests of corporations that brainwash you and use your sense of patriotism to use you and manipulate you to serve their agenda, against your own interests? These warmongers who profit from war are your REAL enemy, not the men you are sent to fight and kill. Think about it.

4. Moreover, killing innocent people just because your government says so doesn't absolve you of accruing BAD KARMA for your deed too. You're not gonna be forgiven by God or the universe just because you were "following orders". See the movie "American Sniper" about Chris Kyle, the expert sniper who killed dozens of people during the Iraq War for the US military. Not only was he plagued with guilt about it afterward, but he eventually received his karma when back home, some guy he tried to mentor ended up shooting him for no good reason. That's karma for you. What goes around comes around. So don't think you can get away with killing people just because you were "following orders". The universe and God and karma doesn't work that way. The US military and US government are NOT the highest law or highest authority in the universe. Sorry.

5. Finally, serving the military is NOT serving your country or your people, as falsely claimed. This is obvious. Super obvious. I don't understand why most Americans and soldiers do not realize this. It's a no brainer. The American people do not send you to war or battle. They would probably prefer that you not go to war in fact, because in general, the common people do not want their men to go to war. In war, you are fighting for US corporations and politicians and banksters, NOT the American people, and NOT for "your country". In fact, a country is an artificial construct if you think about it, and doesn't even exist. It's just an abstract concept on legal paper. Not an entity or sentient being or life form. So if you think about it, you are not truly fighting for your country or even your people, hence such a notion makes no sense. It's all a sham and fiction to brainwash you into compliance so you think you are serving a good cause when in reality you are not. Think about it.

Thus, since veterans do not technically serve their country or their people, then sorry to say, but that means they do not deserve any "honor or recognition or respect" for "serving their country" after all. I know that's a totally taboo and anathema thing to say, since we are all conditioned to believe that veterans deserve respect and honor for "serving their country". But if you think about it, that's not even technically true and doesn't even make sense. It's just something you are required to believe because it'd be blasphemy not to, and because it's a SACRED belief that is connected to the heart of America, which everyone else believes too. So no one dares to challenge it, despite the fact that it's an illogical statement. To dispute that openly would be to strike at the heart of America, and could result in the most dire consequences, which no one dares to do. Disputing it would also offend the honor of veterans and their loved ones, which could incite fist fights, punches and physical confrontation from veterans who wish to "defend their pride". Thus no one dares to challenge this sacred notion that military service is service to one's country.

All of these points should be obvious to anyone who really sits and thinks about it. I don't know why more people don't realize such obvious points. If you wanna join the military though, to receive discipline, training, jobs skills, free education, and government benefits, then join something like the National Guard or Coast Guard, where you are not likely to be called into battle. Or be a radar operator or navy sailor. But definitely don't join the Army or Marines or Green Beret.

Finally, consider this: The way to achieve world peace is very simple. All it takes is for ALL MEN, including you, to refuse to participate in any wars or military service, and refuse to obey your government when it calls you to war, then there will be world peace. Very simple. All it takes is for all men to refuse to comply, and no more wars. What can be more simpler than that, if only all men would do that. As Albert Einstein said:

"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service."
- Albert Einstein

For some great movies that depict the above points, I recommend the following:

- Born on the Fourth of July, starring Tom Cruise
- The Good Kill, starring Ethan Hawke
- American Sniper
- Full Metal Jacket
- Hacksaw Ridge
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

HappyGuy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 12:17 am
My point is we're talking about two opposite priorities. I want children to have an identity and traditions and purpose and that comes with some hardships and responsibilities, you want children who have the path of least resistance. It's common sense that those who are the most selfless have the most difficult lives and that will occasionally lead to early death. We all know Asians don't suffer from suicidal altruism or a lack of selfishness, and I don't see anyone rushing to live in societies built by people like you or hapas or women. I want children who are givers, you want children who are takers. That is the difference in genetics talking. You don't mind your children having no identity because you have none yourself, and no purpose beyond taking because you are a taker yourself. As a mutt you are well adapted to the society kept afloat by the men which you insult.
We are all mutts somehow. Even Europeans are the descendants of many different tribes and many white Americans have some Native or black admixture somewhere down the family line. There was a time in history where even Italians and Irish were seen as 'not quite white enough', not to mention of course the Jews... who really cares at this point?

I'm pretty much just a white man. I look white. If I grow my beard long I may be seen as a light skinned middle eastern man due to how dark my beard is relative to the rest of my hair but no one will assume I am Asian or Latin. My children, however, are mutts. So will be their children. You yourself, you could marry within your own racial group (I don't even know what that is!) and still, your 'pure' children may marry outside their genepool. Your grandchildren would still be mutts... if not them, then their own children or grandchildren. Eventually, all of our descendants will be mutts.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:48 pm
The risk of joining the military and getting involved in battle is not just injury or death to yourself. It's a lot worse than just that. See below:
But Winston you're forgetting one thing and that is any military would be lucky to have you. Doesn't that mean anything to you? Being respected for something you're good at even if you sacrifice your own sex life for it? You could stop the Taliban single handed. If you got revenge on some of the trolls who tried to bring down the forum by shooting them in the legs like this viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41971 you'd get imprisoned for life, but if you killed some Taliban overseas who never did anything to you then you would be branded a hero and receive privileges like a military license plate for your car. But look it's not for us to make sense of these things, just accept them for what they are.

Join the military, you would make great blog posts and the forum needs it. Sure if you hesitate for a second and think about it then it might seem like a stupid idea. But everything is stupid if you look at it analytically but that's not the point. Food is nothing but breaking down sources of energy, sports are adults playing kids games, sex is grown ups trading diseases because they're bored, travelling is just swapping minor details in climate or architecture. Everything looks stupid if you look at it logically and not emotionally. It's easy to discredit and ridicule anything if that's your aim. Put down the skepticism for a change, life isn't about logic and self interest because we don't live forever. It's all about choosing what mountain you're ready to die on.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:48 pm
What's nearly just as bad about joining the military, is that you may be ordered to kill innocent people who never did you any wrong, and may come from good families raised by good parents, and whom might even be your friend if you had met them under peaceful circumstances.
Being ordered to kill "innocent people" is a war crime under the Geneva Convention and the military law in most countries. In fact, any military person are ordered to "kill innocent people" in the United States is expected to recognize that such is an UNLAWFUL order which cannot obey. To obey it is a crime for both the killer and the person who orders it. Your assumption here is therefore incorrect.
Winston wrote: Now the thing is, just because you were "merely following orders" doesn't make it right or ok. Remember the Nazis at Nuremberg also used that excuse that they "were just following orders" yet that was no defense. Many Nazis were still hanged for their war crimes.
In this example, you just refuted your above point. Correct, following orders can be ILLEGAL if the order is unlawful.
Winston wrote: Now try this: Close your eyes and visualize yourself shooting another soldier across the battlefield and watching blood spurt out of him as you pull the trigger, and seeing him fall to the ground. Imagine that vividly and ask yourself: How would that make you feel? Knowing you just killed someone who never did you any wrong? And who might have come from a good loving family and raised by wonderful parents who spent many years raising up that fine young man, just to have you shoot and kill him. Now wouldn't that make you feel like shit the rest of your life?! You may never get over the GUILT and REGRET. Imagine all that vividly, as if it were happening now, and ask yourself, if it's truly worth it, just to get medals and be decorated and get preferential treatment for government jobs back home. Remember that the survivors of wars never feel like a hero and never feel proud of what they did. There's no true honor in it, they usually say. So listen to those who lived through it, they will usually tell you it wasn't worth it and if they had to do it over again, they wouldn't. As they will tell you, in a war, no one truly wins, everyone loses.
Tell that to people who have been invaded and are defending themselves, their land, and their culture. Also, most military people never ever are in a position of shoot anyone in combat. Most are doing their jobs fixing vehicles, preparing meals, doing paperwork, and running the support functions. The combat arms occupations like infantry are the actual fighters and most of them don't get to participate in any actual fighting. That is even more true for those in the Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force.
Winston wrote: Moreover, killing innocent people just because your government says so doesn't absolve you of accruing BAD KARMA for your deed too. You're not gonna be forgiven by God or the universe just because you were "following orders".
Quite correct that the US military and government are not the highest authority in the universe. But neither are you Winston. So assigning bad karma, or determining who "God" and the universe is going to forgive is punching just a little bit above your weight my man. I get the sentiment there, but people, life, and the universe are far more complex than you are making it.
Winston wrote: Finally, serving the military is NOT serving your country or your people, as falsely claimed. This is obvious. Super obvious. I don't understand why most Americans and soldiers do not realize this. It's a no brainer. The American people do not send you to war or battle. They would probably prefer that you not go to war in fact, because in general, the common people do not want their men to go to war. In war, you are fighting for US corporations and politicians and banksters, NOT the American people, and NOT for "your country". In fact, a country is an artificial construct if you think about it, and doesn't even exist. It's just an abstract concept on legal paper. Not an entity or sentient being or life form. So if you think about it, you are not truly fighting for your country or even your people, hence such a notion makes no sense. It's all a sham and fiction to brainwash you into compliance so you think you are serving a good cause when in reality you are not.
Oh really? Tell that to Americans who are rescued by the US Coast Guard at sea every single day. Tell that to Americans who are evacuated out of harm's way when war breaks out in other countries. Tell them that the US military is not serving them as Americans.

Well, just because you don't have any sense of patriotism or service does not mean that others feel the same. Being in the military is indeed serving on BEHALF of your country and most military members do feel a sense of service and civic duty that for some reason you don't feel. Now while I can agree that the use of the military is wrongheaded in the modern era, a country (Including the USA) that is attacked or threatened rallies behind their military accordingly. You might not, but most people do.

Finally, there are MILLIONS of people who have found their sense of purpose, drive, and upward trajectory in life due to their service in the military and not just in the United States. The record is replete with examples of the most accomplished and successful people imaginable getting their professional beginnings in the military.

Your arguments against military service are essentially political in nature. I get that, but you have in no way disproved that the US military can be a wonderful choice for those inclined to take that path.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I haven't been following this thread, but agree with CE's post above. Has it been mentioned in here that the U.S. military's retirement program is one of the most attractive in the world? You can begin receiving benefits immediately once you get 20 years in. So you can enlist right out of high school and retire with enough to live on at 38. If you join the Air Force or Coast Guard, or get the right MOS in the other branches, you won't need to worry particularly about being involved in hostilities.

I grew up as an Air Force dependent, and really loved the life. Wouldn't trade it. It allowed me to live in England, the Panama Canal Zone, the Bay Area, the D.C. area and Louisiana. Despite the rigid rank hierarchy, there is a real sense of egalitarianism and community on a military base that you typically don't find any more in American civilian communities. If I had it to do over again I might try to get my twenty in, especially the way my father did it -- in the JAG corps. You skip most of the military chickenshit, and don't have to work nearly as hard as civilian lawyers.