Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 4:17 pm
Very rarely do you have a phone that doesn't work. That was just an excuse.
True, sounds like that, a cheap phone with a prepaid card you can buy just everywhere in this world, and nowadays even international calls, if you keep them short, are not so expensive anymore.

Likely she is now using TWO mobile phones, one for her real friends around her and another one for her 'online customers'.

I can only repeat, do not send money to women you know only by internet, even if you see them live on your monitor screen, even if you call to them using a real phone number and not an APPS like LINE...

-----

About Ukraine, - now it is surely not the best time to travel there, but Ukrainian women are not restricted to walk over the border to other countries, like Romania, Turkey, etc.

I can only say, what I would do, just my opinion if I were in the situation of Tsar -
I have the money to try it out as I am curious what might happen...

I would first of all think of myself and arrange 14 days vacation in a nice place of one of the neighbouring countries. Personally (as a native Austrian) I would choose maybe Hungary, Debrecen or Slovakia, Kosice (both are not far away from Ukrainian border with open border check points). I would tell her to show up and call me after she is passing the border and will pick her up.... if she is coming that's fine, nice vacation, no idea how it might develop in future, but I would compensate her AFTER ARRIVAL for her travel expenses - and if not and she does not show up despite her promise, I still have more money left and will enjoy myself and try to meet somebody else....and travel around, maybe rent a car, enjoy good food, hiking around... plenty of other things to do....

If she is really in such bad situation as she claims (and what I do not believe she is) and hopes to meet you in person, she will find some money to show up at the border point, believe me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Tsar wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 6:06 pm
I haven't sent her anymore money. I'll be going to Ukraine this summer if I can manage to get things worked out in the US. I have been having bad luck for months now.
@Tsar

Going to a war-torn country with no cash buffer for emergency situations, in fact with the prospect of handing out more of your modest allowance to a girl who will continue to ask you for money in exchange for her "presence", is suicidal.

Unfortunately, as I have learned it the hard way here in Manila: there is no way to convince you. You will continue to pursue your ideas until, literally, something tragic happens to you and you'll be no longer able to travel.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

What happened to @MarcosZeitola? I thought he was supposed to find Tsar a virgin bride in the Philippines or at least get him laid.

It seems that @MarcosZeitola disappeared from the forum since Tsar went there. Did something happen between them?

Apparently Tsar is tapped out due to being scammed by this 21 y/o Ukrainian girl.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 6:32 am
What happened to @MarcosZeitola? I thought he was supposed to find Tsar a virgin bride in the Philippines or at least get him laid.

It seems that @MarcosZeitola disappeared from the forum since Tsar went there. Did something happen between them?

Apparently Tsar is tapped out due to being scammed by this 21 y/o Ukrainian girl.
Nothing happened. I just didn't like it compared to Eastern Europe. Physical beauty is too uncommon, the costs in the Philippines are higher than Eastern Europe with less quality, too much red tape and bureaucracy, food is too expensive for anything that's quality, and there's too many trans people there.

Then, as I always knew would happen if I went to the Philippines and return to the US, I almost get an electronic search and could have potentially gotten into trouble for certain thong bikini content.

I'm not tapped out because I sent a Ukrainian girl money.

Someone I knew for a long time had me send €1800+$300, and I lost a gold coin. I hope he will eventually help me in the future with money because I don't work and I honestly regret it because I wouldn't have sent it under normal circumstances.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another video by Filipina Pea about how to spot online scammers.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw guys. I wouldn't say it's an absolute rule to never send money to a Filipina in the Philippines. There are a few exceptions, like sending her phone load from Lazada or Paypal or Xoom. I send some Filipinas I know and like 300p phone load sometimes, which is about 6 dollars. Also I send her 1000p, which is about 20 dollars, for Christmas and her birthday. But that's it. No monthly support or anything like that. But of course she has to prove herself and give me good vibes and good signs. I don't just send anyone money.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 6:32 am
What happened to @MarcosZeitola?
I think he is still around and it is also mentioned somewhere that he tried to login to this forum, but failed, because this forum did not work properly.

It is better now, but the response time when connecting to HA is still very slow. However I have no multiple retries/refresh/missing comments during posting etc. like before.

Better yes, but it is still not running as you expect it to be.

I think, MarcosZeitola will show up soon again, he never said anything like that he considers to leave HappierAbroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Filipina Pea interviews a professional Filipina scammer on her channel. Wow.

CONFESSIONS of a Filipina SCAMMER / (Lies and Deceptions)

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 9:20 am
Btw guys. I wouldn't say it's an absolute rule to never send money to a Filipina in the Philippines. There are a few exceptions, like sending her phone load from Lazada or Paypal or Xoom. I send some Filipinas I know and like 300p phone load sometimes, which is about 6 dollars. Also I send her 1000p, which is about 20 dollars, for Christmas and her birthday. But that's it. No monthly support or anything like that. But of course she has to prove herself and give me good vibes and good signs. I don't just send anyone money.
You're talking about sending money to people you already know. The subject of this thread is about sending money to those you've only met online which is a big NO NO.

Tsar sent a couple hundred to some Ukrainian he had only met online. Then she ghosted him. She only 'unghosted' him when she needed more money. If Tsar had taken the €1800+$300 he sent to someone he knew for a long time and applied it to a trip to Ukraine, he could have already met this girl in person to figure out if she is a scammer or not. He could have rented an apartment.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 9:20 am
Winston, the money you send to these girls in the Philippines are peanuts, just a tip.

This FilipinaPea made a video with foreign men, where one confessed that he was cheated out of 61 million PHP. (more than 1 million USD)

Thailand the same, I read about a case, where a Thai woman was cheating a man out of 80 million baht (more than 2 million USD), another case of 60 million baht, and the list continues (usually related to real estate businesses/landtitle transfers)

To be cheated for a few USD 100, she was taking from you, or she was stealing from you or call it whatever you want is not a big deal.
This will happen to you everywhere, worldwide.

------------------------------------------------

There are however some basic rules, common sense rules, you should always consider, and one very important rule is NEVER send money to people you know only online/like LINE or other internet chat services.

This person is nothing but a profile, which might be a total fake (a woman who does not even exist!) or a profile which otherwise os containing seriously misleading information.

You must meet the person face to face before considering to give away any money (or expensive gifts etc.) to her.
Felsen
Freshman Poster

Post by Felsen »

Romance scammers asking for money. The number one danger of online dating is being tricked into sending money or handing over your financial information.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 9:11 pm
I would first of all think of myself and arrange 14 days vacation in a nice place of one of the neighbouring countries. Personally (as a native Austrian) I would choose maybe Hungary, Debrecen or Slovakia, Kosice (both are not far away from Ukrainian border with open border check points). I would tell her to show up and call me after she is passing the border and will pick her up.... if she is coming that's fine, nice vacation, no idea how it might develop in future, but I would compensate her AFTER ARRIVAL for her travel expenses - and if not and she does not show up despite her promise, I still have more money left and will enjoy myself and try to meet somebody else....and travel around, maybe rent a car, enjoy good food, hiking around... plenty of other things to do....

If she is really in such bad situation as she claims (and what I do not believe she is) and hopes to meet you in person, she will find some money to show up at the border point, believe me.
She would just claim not to have money for travel expenses and feels uncomfortable with meeting a strange man in a strange country. Your plan would never work.

You have to go there on her turf, meet her first, then talk about vacations.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 8:42 am
Yohan wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 9:11 pm

She would just claim not to have money for travel expenses and feels uncomfortable with meeting a strange man in a strange country. Your plan would never work.
You have to go there on her turf, meet her first, then talk about vacations.
I don't think so, but yes, within USA you are right. Everybody is mistrusting everybody. There is a risk.

However in Europe it often works that way, you meet frequently in a third country, usually EU-related - distances are not that long, now in Ukraine for sure many want to leave anyway... No money? A cheap bus ticket, or train ticket to the border does not cost much. And if she is not coming, look for somebody else..

I think, Tsar has even an EU/Italian passport/citizenship, why not to meet in Hungary, and she is safer in Hungary than in Ukraine.... and if she does not want him from the first minute on, she can even walk back - the Ukrainian border is not far away - why not?

If she is still willing to be with him but mistrusting, he can book 2 single hotelrooms, maybe not even in the same hotel but nearby.
Unknown men? Around any border area to/from Ukraine there are strange men around ... better you know where to go after you cross the check point...

What Tsar is doing or not doing, I don't care.
Up to him of course, but if I were in his position, I would try it out in that way, in MY way for ME - maybe nobody will show up, but I would nevertheless enjoy my vacation, nothing lost, just more money leftover for myself...
I would definitively NOT cross into Ukraine.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 9:05 am
I don't think so, but yes, within USA you are right. Everybody is mistrusting everybody. There is a risk.

However in Europe it often works that way, you meet frequently in a third country, usually EU-related - distances are not that long, now in Ukraine for sure many want to leave anyway... No money? A cheap bus ticket, or train ticket to the border does not cost much. And if she is not coming, look for somebody else..

I think, Tsar has even an EU/Italian passport/citizenship, why not to meet in Hungary, and she is safer in Hungary than in Ukraine.... and if she does not want him from the first minute on, she can even walk back - the Ukrainian border is not far away - why not?

If she is still willing to be with him but mistrusting, he can book 2 single hotelrooms, maybe not even in the same hotel but nearby.
Unknown men? Around any border area to/from Ukraine there are strange men around ... better you know where to go after you cross the check point...

What Tsar is doing or not doing, I don't care.
Up to him of course, but if I were in his position, I would try it out in that way, in MY way for ME - maybe nobody will show up, but I would nevertheless enjoy my vacation, nothing lost, just more money leftover for myself...
Ukrainian girls are not going to ride the bus or train. They are going to demand money sent in advance for a PRIVATE TAXI to pick them up at their doorstep to whatever destination in whatever country. The bill will likely exceed $1000 one way. She will just keep the money and not come.

I can tell you are a bit green on this subject.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 9:05 am
Tsar has already stated that he is suicidal. So he doesn't care if a Russian bomb falls on his Kyiv apartment in the middle of the night and kills him. He just doesn't care.