American women were also terrible 100 years ago

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

American women were also terrible 100 years ago

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I was just reading the wikipedia page on the Titanic sinking 100 years ago today, and came across this priceless quote from American painter Francis Davis Millet, who went down with the ship. He described the American women he saw on board as "a number of obnoxious, ostentatious American women, the scourge of any place they infest, and worse on shipboard than anywhere. Many of them carry tiny dogs, and lead husbands around like pet lambs"

Even though he said this, he was last seen helping women and children onto lifeboats. I guess he too was handcuffed by the women and children first nonsense of the ansglosphere.

This was 100 years ago! Looks like things were bad then, but just imagine how bad it has become now!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Haha yeah I did hear that women from the early 1900's were pretty bad. Notice in the letter he said American women. That means he new how much better the women were in other countries.

Foreign women were always superior for a very long time.

Look at how a Mexican woman acts in the 30's and 40's of movies. They were so upbeat happy and laughing all the time. They still do to this day.

I think ill watch those movies again.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

He was describing the women on the upper class deck.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: American women were also terrible 100 years ago

Post by OutWest »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I was just reading the wikipedia page on the Titanic sinking 100 years ago today, and came across this priceless quote from American painter Francis Davis Millet, who went down with the ship. He described the American women he saw on board as "a number of obnoxious, ostentatious American women, the scourge of any place they infest, and worse on shipboard than anywhere. Many of them carry tiny dogs, and lead husbands around like pet lambs"

Even though he said this, he was last seen helping women and children onto lifeboats. I guess he too was handcuffed by the women and children first nonsense of the ansglosphere.

This was 100 years ago! Looks like things were bad then, but just imagine how bad it has become now!
There is a huge difference now. Now it is MUCH better! If your ship is going down nowadays, just hook up with one of those big American sows and use her for a zodiac! That extra tonnage of whale blubber just might save your life! Hell, if you could hook an outboard to her ass, you might even make Newfoundland!

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines