Are southern states really friendlier than other parts of the US?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Are southern states really friendlier than other parts of the US?

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

kangarunner wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 1:33 am
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 11:52 pm
To be fair it's like that everywhere in America if we're talking about the South in the U.S. I live on the West Coast, and California isn't fun either.
Not true at all. I lived in Vegas for 2 years from 2014-2016 and the Western area of the US has a completely different vibe and energy and soul than the South. You think it's bad in California, trust me the boredom of the South will make your life a slow, ongoing misery.

California has a cool factor. I think they even created the word "cool" there. Tons of creative talent and energy in Cali. You guys got nice, sunny weather year round. Nature, hiking, parks, beaches. And the people who live there are more interesting than people from the South.

Oh and the good Mexican food.

You guys have tons better shit to do in California.
:lol: :roll: You obviously haven't been here since 2005 or 1999 if you think that. Good weather isn't shit when everything else is decaying, and the word "cool" was not invented here, people were saying that word practically everywhere. What good is a word if half of your citizens are homeless. You need to go on youtube and look at the videos of how bad the current State of CA is. Or better yet come down here and visit, walk through San Fransisco and then tell me it's still "great."

This isn't a paradise. CA is what Detroit use to be before it got f***ed. It's so bad that millions of people have left already including the people with all the money who are fleeing this garbage state. America in general is declining all over and everybody who is aware know this. The only people downplaying it are the scared ones too pitiful to admit that it's over. "tons of creative talent." What creative talent?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kangarunner wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 11:36 pm
Winston wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 12:33 pm
When I imagine the idyllic Southern town, I imagine the song by Glenn Campbell called "Southern Nights" playing in the background. And lemonade stands everywhere. And grandmas on front porches saying "Would y'all care to try some homemade apple pie? We make them with an old family recipe going back to 1871. Ain't no one make em like we do." LoL

I also imagine old fashioned carnivals in the background with ferris wheels, cotton candy, and caramel apples. Lol

And southern belles in white dresses walking around with Christian values, saying "why gosh. I'd never use a man. My mama always taught me right from wrong." LoL

And I imagine everyone in town knowing daven and dusty by their first name. LoL

That's my romanticized fantasy of what the iconic southern town is like. Wow. (Dreamy gaze) lol. Isn't that so idyllic and romantic and nostalgic? LoL. Isn't it so accurate too? LoL.
@Pixel--Dude @Winston I quoted the entire message above to show that Winston is clearly trolling here to anger me. I'm in contact with him on WhatsApp and I've told him over 20 times that I HATE when he talks about how fond he is of the South. First, he's never been there in his life OR lived there.

I've made it very, very clear in WhatsApp DM's with Winston that it enrages me when he brings up the South or how he thinks it's this idyllic place where everyone is nice. He keeps bring this shit up and I feel nauseated just reading that post he made above.

No one on this forum has lived in the South. I'm the only one who was born there and I can assure you that people in the South are just as shitty as everywhere else. I f***ing hate it when he writes anything good about the South. It's not a nice place to live at all. I'm so drained reading what he wrote that I'm gonna have to take a break after writing this reply.

Winston made another post recently talking about how there's nothing in America and he brought up baseball/football games, guns. 2 things that are very popular with Southerners. Most Southerners are just run of the mill, average people. Most women in the South are fat and boring.

@Pixel--Dude Winston put "LoL" in his post above 6 times. 6 times! It's a possiblity that Winston may be behind the Mercer account. He's clearly trolling here.
I don't think Winston is behind the Mercer account. It's likely either Rock or PAG in my opinion. Most likely Rock since there are several very strange syncronisities which Rock can't explain. :roll:

If you don't like what Winston writes about the south then just don't read it. If you think he's done this deliberately to upset you then that's all the more reason not to take the bait. There's no greater insult than indifference.

Just my opinion here: but I don't think Winston is trying to get a rise out of you by posting this. It seems top out of character for him. I just don't think winding people up is Winston's thing. He likes discussion and discourse, he doesn't like arguments and things posted in a mean spirited nature. That just isn't what he's like.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
Winston made another post recently talking about how there's nothing in America and he brought up baseball/football games, guns. 2 things that are very popular with Southerners. Most Southerners are just run of the mill, average people. Most women in the South are fat and boring.
I went to a university in the South where one of the professors said there are three religions in the South, Baptist, Methodist, and football. He might have gotten a few chuckles out of the class over that. But I spent some time in the midwest, and it seemed like they were crazier about football. I was talking to a man from Ohio about guns and hunting and he said it was a really big deal where he was from. Hunting is popular in rural areas, not just the South. There is a lot of hunting in the west and the midwest, too. And people all over the country are crazy about sports.

Maybe people in the midwest and northern parts of the US are less excited about high school football games. When I was in the rural south growing up, the local high school football game seemed like it was a community entertainment event. I didn't notice that as much in the suburbs in the south.

But college football? Go to a game at Bama, UGA, LSU, then go to a game at Ohio State, Michigan, or somewhere like that... or go to home stadium games for the Falcons, Saints, Cowboys etc. and then go to Packers, Patriots, and Giants games and tell me whether you notice any difference in excitement for the teams.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 7:12 am
I went to a university in the South where one of the professors said there are three religions in the South, Baptist, Methodist, and football. He might have gotten a few chuckles out of the class over that. But I spent some time in the midwest, and it seemed like they were crazier about football. I was talking to a man from Ohio about guns and hunting and he said it was a really big deal where he was from. Hunting is popular in rural areas, not just the South. There is a lot of hunting in the west and the midwest, too. And people all over the country are crazy about sports.

Maybe people in the midwest and northern parts of the US are less excited about high school football games. When I was in the rural south growing up, the local high school football game seemed like it was a community entertainment event. I didn't notice that as much in the suburbs in the south.

But college football? Go to a game at Bama, UGA, LSU, then go to a game at Ohio State, Michigan, or somewhere like that... or go to home stadium games for the Falcons, Saints, Cowboys etc. and then go to Packers, Patriots, and Giants games and tell me whether you notice any difference in excitement for the teams.
That should tell you how simple minded Americans are. Watching a bunch of giant men throwing a ball around. You only have one life and every second that ticks away is closer to your death. I think I'd rather relax on a beach in Vietnam or Thailand and have a nice drink then watch go to a packed stadium full of loud, obnoxious people.....football omg smh. basketball. same thing. I don't give a shit.

I think the covid home restrictions put people in their place.....and made them more docile. Hopefully.

Seriously, are we in the matrix? Is this real or not real?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 2:51 am
kangarunner wrote:
@Pixel--Dude Winston put "LoL" in his post above 6 times. 6 times! It's a possiblity that Winston may be behind the Mercer account. He's clearly trolling here.
I don't think Winston is behind the Mercer account. It's likely either Rock or PAG in my opinion. Most likely Rock since there are several very strange syncronisities which Rock can't explain. :roll:

If you don't like what Winston writes about the south then just don't read it. If you think he's done this deliberately to upset you then that's all the more reason not to take the bait. There's no greater insult than indifference.

Just my opinion here: but I don't think Winston is trying to get a rise out of you by posting this. It seems top out of character for him. I just don't think winding people up is Winston's thing. He likes discussion and discourse, he doesn't like arguments and things posted in a mean spirited nature. That just isn't what he's like.
@Pixel--Dude But why did he put "LoL" in his post 6 freaking times??? @Winston you should be handed a 7 day ban for making garbage posts like this. The south is a miserable place to live. Keep living in La La land and dream about how you a pretty white woman will just come up to you and want to be your wife.....Is that what you do when you're on your bed dreaming?

Go to the south and find out how miserable it is for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 2:57 pm
MrMan wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 7:12 am

That should tell you how simple minded Americans are. Watching a bunch of giant men throwing a ball around. You only have one life and every second that ticks away is closer to your death. I think I'd rather relax on a beach in Vietnam or Thailand and have a nice drink then watch go to a packed stadium full of loud, obnoxious people.....football omg smh. basketball. same thing. I don't give a shit.

I think the covid home restrictions put people in their place.....and made them more docile. Hopefully.

Seriously, are we in the matrix? Is this real or not real?
I don't care at all, either. I kind of understand why someone might watch boxing or MMA. Fake wrestling has negative entertainment value and feels like it is sucking the life out of me if I turn that on. I came back from overseas once, and if I recall, I rode out in the country to visit one of my brother's friends, with my brother as my ride, and got stuck in that house.... and he had WWE on (or was that WWF back then). Ugghhh. Worst garbage in the world to watch. I kind of remember the rules to basketball and football from high school, but I am not going to sit around watching men throwing, hitting, or kicking a ball around. I get wanting to play the game, but not watching other people you don't know doing it. I also get why men might want to watch women's volleyball.

In a lot of other countries, men watch other men kick a ball around.
WesternWomenSuck
Freshman Poster

Post by WesternWomenSuck »

Yes people are nicer in the south. It's noticeable even in driving, people cut you off less, and let you in when you signal. But for finding a girlfriend or making friends I find it just as difficult as any other place. People here are extroverts who like to make lots of pointless small talk, and if you aren't good at this you cannot fit in. I at least had a couple of male friends in New York but not in the South. Not complaining though, because even though they are different from me the people here seem decent and more intelligent than other parts of the US, despite stereotypes about southerners. Dating sucks just like all parts of the US, I only got a match from a fat pig when I tried online dating here.