Any problems with lagging/hanging in this forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any problems with lagging/hanging in this forum?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you noticed that when you submit a post or click on a thread, you often get an SQL error message about an empty folder or empty server? So you have to keep reloading the page until it loads? Does that happen to you guys too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yep.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yes. Then I clicked on preview and the post was wiped out.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Yes
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
April 4th, 2022, 7:20 am
Yes. Then I clicked on preview and the post was wiped out.
You have to copy your post before your submit it. Or backspace. You can copy it with Control A and then Control C.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you guys still getting SQL errors in the forum or have they stoppped?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

They did not stop, there are still errors coming up. I can login now, I can enter the forum, but I have to reload sometimes, but not always if I want to read the comments within a certain thread.

Also one time it did not work at all, so I was waiting a few minutes, restarting the browser and tried again and the page came up.
One time I could read the comments, could post a reply, but when I clicked on send, it did not work, but I was able to save the text as a draft.

Still errors...
First_Class
Freshman Poster

Post by First_Class »

How many posts do you need to go live?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

First_Class wrote:
August 12th, 2022, 2:42 pm
How many posts do you need to go live?
3 approved posts.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is the forum faster now? If not, I will ask the support forum of the developer for help, and my webhost too. Any idea on how to fix it? Would deleting the database and restoring it make a difference?

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Winston wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 6:44 am
Is the forum faster now? If not, I will ask the support forum of the developer for help, and my webhost too. Any idea on how to fix it? Would deleting the database and restoring it make a difference?
You are having a serious issue with your website right now.
As I have told you over the shoutbox, the site's connection "times out" when I try to log in, make a post, click link to different page of the website, even posting at the shoutbox, etc. I had to refresh 2-3 times in order to establish connection.

I use 100mbps internet in America. The forum itself doesn't lag bad, but connection times out when I click the thread link on the forums or any other links. I had to refresh 2-3 times. Posting here became a really frustrating experience.

Like Yohan suggested, why don't you go into your FTP and backup old files into your computer and delete the old files going back to 2008 in the website? He said this might be a disk space problem.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just repaired the database tables in the forum. The table with the posts was corrupt. Maybe that will fix the forum and make it faster again? Let me know. Thanks. Winston

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

OK, Winston, I will let you know during the coming days if there is any difference compared to before.